Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning y'all! Everyone has done such excellent ketchups that I'll just say

howdy-2.jpg

Morning, all. Really refreshed here. I kept hitting the snooze bar and getting a deep sleep between beeps. Then I said the heck with it and shut it off, so the boys were an hour late to school. OOPS! Secretary understood, though.

Okay, I have never been much of a romance reader, more police procedural, mystery and adventure type stuff. However, one of my coworkers handed me a couple of books to read when I went to Alabama for work (knowing how much I enjoy reading). As a result, I got hooked on Marion Keyes. Not really romance, although there's some romance in it-very witty stuff. Lucy Sullivan is getting Married is the first one I read, and there are now 4 books about the Walsh sisters: Angels, Watermelon, Rachel's Holiday and Is Anybody Out There?

Picked up Katie M when I was picking up friends from the airport and had two hours to kill. Hard Day's Knight was the lucky paperback that didn't have a bodice ripping cover. :rotfl: I've read all but two of hers, but now that I think of it, a trip to the library is in order :teeth:

Lainey, I *love* the Arthur Dent reference. I've joked that Ed's age is the answer (42).

Rosemary, it was 44 when I drove the boys to school! Anyone thinking they're going to be warm coming to WDW is in for a surprise! You probably could hang onto the coat for next January's reminder of why we don't live up north! ;) Shall I drop off a flat of strawberries, too?

Paula, I'm jealous that you're going to the car show. We used to do the DC car show every year, but I haven't kept up on either the Tampa or Orlando dates. Last time I went, I knew I was getting a car in six months, so I sat in the back seat of all the contenders to see what the leg room was like, lol.

Amanda, I saw that thread and if it were Ed, he'd be singing soprano. He commented that it's a good thing we have a garage. :grouphug: on the anniversary. As I explained to a friend who lost her dad a year ago, when you feel at peace that they're gone, that's when they're nearby.

Lainey, I've got the plain milk chocolate because they were part of my christmas gift. I've always been more for dark chocolate, and now that you can find it everywhere, I'm in heaven! I can relate to that too busy to post comment.

During the retail therapy last night, Jill noticed a mickey head in one of the jewelery store. Full disclosure: she's a DISer and is well into finding them. Anyway, there is now a Walt Disney line of fine jewelery and I was rather impressed with the number of items, but so far, the choices are Mickey, Tink and Bambi. Very cute stuff. I'm not sharing the info with Ed's mom and sister so that I can keep a gift source to myself! Next time I'm in the mall, I'll see if they'll let me take pictures, because I can't find it online.

I have to comment that it's so nice feeling rested. Amazing how the little things can mean so much.

Tara, yay that you may still get to scrap next weekend. :thumbsup2

Okay, should probably gather up all the paperwork to do the taxes. All the W2's are in the folder, along with Neil's medical stuff. Just need to find the mortgage and refi paperwork.

Suzanne

Ugh....I need to vent with a random thought....

First of all - note to self - when you are done working for the morning - change your IM to INVISIBLE!!!!!!

And now the vent - got an IM from a co-worker....regarding a call I entered last night - address in our system and on the e-maield work order do not match - did I call location to verify? Well I did call the location but neglected to verify address - you would think I committed a federal crime!!!! So I'm now being asked "why would you not do this as per proceedure (note this person ALWAYS spells procedure wrong)?".....
And I want to respond why are you asking me a question that there is no good answer to....what do you want me to say?
1. I purposefully chose not to follow procedure.
2. I'm just plain stupid

wait .....let me think - here's the best answer.....I'M HUMAN!!!!

sheesh......:confused3

Thanks - I feel better now.

Good morning gang,

I'm getting ready to head out to the scrap book store for the day! I have 4 hours of comp time and my lunch so I'm good to go!! hehehe

Paula...number 3...I wanted to see how badly it would piss you off!! :lmao: Guess it worked well! yeah me!! :lmao:

hugs to all who need them this week!

I forgot to say the other day...thank you for all the offers of places to go for my weekend away! I appreciate all of them!

alrighty then! See you all tomorrow!!

tara

Mmmmm.... ketchup.... I had wanted fries with ketchup last night... they forgot the ketchup so I gave the fries away. Fries are just a thing for me to put lots of ketchup on. So it was a smidge disappointing not to get the ketchup with teh carry out order.

Speaking of food stuff. We went out to PF Chang's tonight with my dad. I asked for water with out lemon... she repeated and then brought out the water with the lemon. I told her I had asked for it without, and she just looked at me like I was nuts and took the lemon out and set it on the table. I convinced her that I hate lemon in my water and I can taste it no matter what so she reluctantly got me a new one. What is wrong with people. I ask for ketchup and they forget it, yet I aske for no lemon and they give it!!

Alan, you big on picture posts, eh? I suspect that it's easier than typing out words :duck:

Suzanne, is that jewelry store a national chain that I could check out? :teeth:
I love the dark chocolate as well. They mix well with hot chocolate ::yes::
As for Arthur Dent, you should get Ed this shirt http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/68e2/
My brother has it and I love it :teeth:

Paula, sorry about work. We had that issue at my work place. They didn't realize that we weren't dumb, just that we were human! Drove us mad with out condescending they were with us.

Tara, I hope you had fun today scrapping!

:wave:

Nephew kept running a temp all day. Poor thing was miserable. :( Hope we don't all get sick. Junior already has a cold. :eek:

Elaine, the series is a Heather Wells Mystery series. They are by Meg Cabot. They are awesome. Size 12 is Not Fat is the first book, then Size 14 is the second.

Suzanne, I'll have to look up those authors at the library. I already have a huge Must Read List. :teeth: I love Meg Cabot's humor, so I hope to read all her books.

Tara, enjoy your night out. You deserve it.

Paula, sorry you have to deal with an idiot at work. I like Tara's #3 answer. :lmao: :lmao:

Alan, love the drive by ketchup pic. :rotfl:

Amanda, that thread was so funny. Junior would be sooo dead if he ever did something like that. Thank goodness we have a 2-car garage. :lmao:

Hi Kimmar! :wave:

Rose Mary, hope you've warmed up now. :rolleyes1 :lmao: Enjoy your weekend!!

Elaine sneated! :wave:
Sorry about the no ketchup and the not wanted added lemon. I hate when my food gets screwed up! :rolleyes1

Hmmm... mystery series? I'm usually not much for those, unless it isn't a murder mystery. Not sure why, I"m just not into those as much to read. In all actuality I need a good book to read.

Luis is still out playing poker and poor Cleo had tummy troubles which made me give her a bath. She's finally on the bed letting me wrap her up in a towel :)

Hey ya'll wake up!!

I had fun scrapping yesterday. Completed 12 pages and started on page 13. The thing about my pics is that they aren't as complicated as some people's. This one girl there did a 2 page camping spread and she cut out grahm crackers, and marchmallows, and then used a die cut for candy kisses...and well this layout was gorgeous! I wish I had her talent for scrapping. Mine pretty much consist of matting a page, and sticking it on the page. oh well, i like my LOs so I gues it doesn't matter.

Elaine...sorry about the no ketchup and the lemon water. I have a friend that is allergic to lemon (all citric acid actually) so she can't even drink the water if the lemon has been on the glass. hope the rest of your meal was good!

Sherry...sorry nephew was sick. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you all don't get sick too!!

I think we have found out what I'm allergic to on my lips...the other day my lips were finally all healed, no more swelling, no more itching, no more peeling...then I used my old chap stick with the spf 4...by that night my liips were itching and hurting and starting to swell. So I went back to the carmex and they started healing...we weren't completely sure that is what it was until last night when we went out to grab food and i found that I had left my carmex on the scrapping table so I pulled out my chap stick and put it on. About twenty minutes after I put it on my lips started itching. So I think this is the culprit.

This really irks me because if I don't wear a sun screen on my lips when I'm in the sun I get sun poisoning and blisters all over my lips. So now I have to figure out what I can put on my lips that won't bother them! ugh!!

Okay, off to find the car thread. I saw it yesterday after I read ya'lls responses but I couldn't see the pics because photobucket is blocked at school. So now I'll check it out!!

Back later!!
tara

Morning!!

In case she pops in, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!! :banana:

Glad you had a good time scrapping, Tara. And glad you have figured out what is affecting your lips. That's a bummer that you have to now find something that want bother your lips.

Running to the library today, then around 4'ish heading to Cleveland to hang out at our friend's house. We haven't seen them in a couple months, so it will be nice to hang out.

Morning all! Stayed up way late last night so slept in. Cleo is on me right now as I type. I guess she has forgiven me ;)

Sherry, thanks for that link there! It was interesting reading. I would imagine that her mysteries aren't near as scary as the ones I don't like?
Have fun hanging out with your friends!

Tara, woo hoo on getting so much done last night with scrapping. I am sorry that your old chapstick doesn't work. Maybe it isn't the SPF as much as it is just something in the brand. I'd take note of all the ingredients and see if you can find one with spf that is more natural made. A lot of things don't need chemicals to put spf in, they just naturally are that way (most make up is actually)

We don't have much planned today... just going to pick up a watch of Luis' and walk around a mall for the heck of it I think.

And in case Karen does look in... Happy Birthday!

Evening, all.

In case Karen, stops by, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ed and Kevin are over in Orlando at Monster Jam. Neil and I had fun at Busch Gardens, then dinner out. He decided, however, that bedtime was going to be ignored and just went to bed.

Paula, gotta love people in glass houses throwing stones!

Tara, sounds like a productive scrapping day! Bummer on the lip balm.

Lainey, the jewelery was at Bond Jewelers, they seem to only be in Florida: www.bonddiamonds.com. I checked their website last night, but no luck on the Disney stuff on there.

Sherry, hope you had a good time in Cleveland with your friends.

Got a friend down from NY at his mom's in St. Augustine that Ed and I haven't seen since our wedding. We talked earlier this month about possibly getting together, but hadn't firmed up any details. He talks to Donna all the time, though. So she calls me yesterday and tells me that Dave's under the impression that he'll be coming to my house tomorrow. I'll be at work!

So this trip won't happen, but he will be coming down every 3 to 4 months to look in on his mom and we'll coordinate better the next time. AT least he wants to come to my house! Hoping the next trip means his lovely wife comes down-we haven't met her in person yet, but she's my hero-she kicked my ex husband out of their house. :lmao:

Suzanne

I'm slow moving today. I have a feeling it is the snow telling me to stay home ;)

Suzanne, pity they don't have their things online. I would love to see what they have though there. Sorry you couldn't arrange to meet up better. Too funny that he just assumed he could stop by without checking :p

I'll catch you all later... church day for us!

Hey, howdy, hey.

Off to work I go, but I figured I'd say good morning. Monster Jam was a HUGE hit, Kevin is regailing me with all the stories. Tickets for next year go on sale today, so I think when we get the tax refund, I'll order them.

Frustrated right now, and blogged about it. I'm tired of being ignored by a friend when she comes down to Florida. I find out through a third party and I thought that person was gloating that they were going to do all the fun stuff at WDW. Once again, she's in Florida and I didn't get a call-the third party told me. I now realize the third party didn't know I'm out of the loop-but she does now.

I think I realized that the friendship meant more to me when I ran into them at WDW last spring. It was played off as a 'last minute trip', yet she was with the third party. I guess I'm supposed to be stupid. That person got called about the last minute trip, and I didn't.

Those of you with kids, did you go through this with friends who treated you like persona non grata? I had it with two other friends where things cooled off for a bit, but we picked up again when they had kids and I was there with advice and support.

At least work will take my mind off it...

Suzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter