Weight loss/maintenance/healthy living support chat

Those are some great quotes! I'm going to look into getting that book from Amazon. I love the part about being late to pick up your kids. It makes the other seem so ridiculous.

I'm not sure I can put this or not, but someone I've started following on instagram. He has a bit of a bad mouth which I don't really like reading, but I agree with his philosophy, so I've continued following him. I call him the Dr Phil of weight loss lol!

One thing I've always struggled with is lunch. I have a pretty consistent breakfast and I can do ok with dinner since I plan what I cook each night, but I come home from work every day for lunch and I never know what to have.

Lately, I've been enjoying something new for me - I've been cutting up an apple, a cutie or two, a half cup of cottage cheese and usually a tomato and some carrots. It seems very bulky when it's all on my plate, but it's really not many calories, gets in some good fruits and veggies for the day and keeps me full throughout the afternoon most days. I'm sure I'll tire of it at some point, but right now I'm really enjoying it.

Who is he?

Your lunch sounds lovely. I make salad bar type of lunches - I pre chop vegetables and have some grilled/roast meat and let people pick and choose.

What are your go to breakfasts?

The guy that I follow is syattfitness. I follow him on instagram, but I'm sure he's on all the social media platforms.

Your lunch sounds good too. I love a good salad.

For breakfast I usually either make two eggs and have those or I sometimes make one egg and make it into a sandwich with flatbread and a slice of cheese. I have one of those little pampered chef stoneware dishes that you can make two eggs in the microwave at a time. It just takes 1 minute, so it's super quick and easy.

The for a morning snack, I have been having a package of buddig ham. It's something easy to take to work and easy to eat from my desk.

Hi All, I have not been on disboards for awhile. Anyone doing food prep for the week ahead? What's on the menu?

looking for inspiration before I head to do my shopping

I have also been using skinnytaste.com for ideas. I like that she doesn’t use artificial sweeteners, processed foods. I made one of her quiches the other night. Makes a nice summer meal.

Hi All, I have not been on disboards for awhile. Anyone doing food prep for the week ahead? What's on the menu?

looking for inspiration before I head to do my shopping

I'm not very god at food prep. We just returned from a beach trip and I had to refresh myself on what I had been eating. I placed a pickup order tonight and got some of my regulars to get started with again. The good news from being gone for 10 days is that the scale is showing that I actually lost a pound while we were gone. I didn't calorie count (my method of weight loss), but I never overate the entire trip. I didn't always make healthy choices, but I was overall happy with my eating while we were gone. We also got in a lot of walking on the beach which makes me realize that I really need to start doing that at home too. It's just not nearly as much fun walking around my neighborhood as it is walking on the beach.

Well, I’m a little late, but here’s a recipe we liked-

https://natashaskitchen.com/shrimp-avocado-salsa-recipe/

Looks good!

I have also been using skinnytaste.com for ideas. I like that she doesn’t use artificial sweeteners, processed foods. I made one of her quiches the other night. Makes a nice summer meal.

I like her recipes too. I'm not a fancy cook and she has a lot of things I can do ok with.

Hi all. Hope its okay to jump in and join. I was walking and exercising daily in late March/early April when the shutdown started. I was really motivated! And as it dragged on, depression set in and I started eating my feelings :sad1: So, here I am about 10-12 pounds heavier and I'm starting again.

Tonight was night number 1. I turned 50 yesterday, so I had cake and decided to wait til today so I could be "all in". Hoping to walk 1/2 a mile every night week one to start, then 1 mile week two, 1 1/2 miles and so on. Feeling like an old lazy person lately and I don't want that. And I don't want to be dragging around WDW in September feeling like going 10 steps is torture. Good luck to everyone here trying!

View attachment 510382
I used this when I got back into my routine-helped me focus a little!

I really like this! I really don't get any exercise during my regular life. I need to walk! It's something I can do and when you look at the chart you posted, I definitely have 20 minutes I an commit to to begin the program!

We just got back from a beach trip, and I know the only reason I didn't gain was because of all the walking we did, so I know at least for me, it's a viable way to help myself stay on track.

I really have to get rid of the leftover birthday cake in my fridge. It's killing me...I know it's there and it's difficult not to give in. :crazy2:

I did lovely 50 minutes TRX stretch video today. I really enjoyed it, I forgotten how fun trx bands are

Nearly over another bug. I was sick December, January, March and now July - stomach bug this time. I bought some vitamins, a lot of fruit & vegetables & fish. I really want to rebuild my health little before the winter, I don't fancy the idea of another year like this

I'm in! I ordered Chasing Cupcakes. Need to get out of my own way and out of my head. The book looks great. My daily goal is 1100 calories and 15,000 steps/day. Plus meditation and yoga. Those yoga clothes! Comfy but they don't hide much lol! I reached my high school weight pre-Covid but then gained the "quarantined 15". I'm back on track but I need a support system!

Last edited:
Do you find yourself hearing complete nonsense advice and stop yourself correcting it? When I was younger (lol) I would try to explain difference of opinions but if someone is convinced they are expert as they watched youtube video of online weight loss coach sometimes it's better just moving on.

Random rant!

::)

Have a super healthy weekend. What's on your healthy living plans for today?

Could you wrap in foil and freeze it? Is it such a fabulous cake you would hate throwing it out?
It's finally gone. My husband came home from a week long baseball tournament and finished off the last piece! BTW, yes it was so good I would've hated to throw it away. On top of that, my daughter bought it for me at the bakery she works in and had it made especially for me because she knows I like lemon.

4 days in a row walking my goal, which is 1/2 a mile. I have trouble sticking to exercise routines, so that's good for me!

-2.45lbs this week. It would have been great if I didn't gain and lose the same 5lbs few times since the Cov19 pandemic started.

I am trying not to eat anything after dinner but last night I was sooo hungry!

how are you getting on with your gaols?

-2.45lbs this week. It would have been great if I didn't gain and lose the same 5lbs few times since the Cov19 pandemic started.

I am trying not to eat anything after dinner but last night I was sooo hungry!

how are you getting on with your gaols?

That's great! I hate having to go to bed hungry. That's always so hard. I'm doing calorie counting and I usually save about 100 calories a day and typically have some fruit around 9-9:30 while DH and I watch tv. If I was doing intermittent fasting or something where I couldn't eat anything after a certain time, I'd probably just try drinking more water. I do find that to tide me over sometimes. You could possibly add a flavor packet to it or something too if that's allowed.

Since the beginning of the month, I'm down 4 pounds, which honestly I'm thrilled about. We were actually on vacation for 10 days, so I wasn't eating the best. I was a lot more conscious of it than I typically would be on vacation, but it was still not like the more controlled eating I do at home.

I'm a daily weigher (I know that's probably not the best) and today I was two pound up from yesterday. I didn't have a great supper (pasta), but I was still in my calorie limit so I thought it was weird. I will say I didn't drink much water yesterday, so I'm going to be sure I get my usual water today and see if it goes back down tomorrow. I'm not really worried about it, just curious. I know you can't really gain 2 pounds in one day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter