Weight loss/maintenance/healthy living support chat

Flossbolna

Sea days are just so relaxing!
Yes, purple is appealing! I am just doing it online. I keep thinking about meetings, but I think I will try them when I start feeling less motivated and need a boost.

Good luck! I hope it works for you!!

piccolopat

DIS Veteran
I'm on WW blue and it works very well for me. I've always loved my fruits and vegetables as well as chicken and eggs (all zero), but I've had to learn to love plain, fat free yogurt and to eat far fewer carbs than I used to. Portion control has been a major key for me. I learned that I was eating reasonably well (except for my snacking) but my portions were out of control. I used to have a big bowl of pasta and now have a 1 cup portion. I used to have a large piece of meat and now have 3-5 ounces. I had to recognize that zero point foods still have calories and so I can't load up on them and expect to lose even if my points say otherwise. It's a bit of a trial and error process, even now 2 years and 135 pounds lost into the process.

Flossbolna

Sea days are just so relaxing!
I'm on WW blue and it works very well for me. I've always loved my fruits and vegetables as well as chicken and eggs (all zero), but I've had to learn to love plain, fat free yogurt and to eat far fewer carbs than I used to. Portion control has been a major key for me. I learned that I was eating reasonably well (except for my snacking) but my portions were out of control. I used to have a big bowl of pasta and now have a 1 cup portion. I used to have a large piece of meat and now have 3-5 ounces. I had to recognize that zero point foods still have calories and so I can't load up on them and expect to lose even if my points say otherwise. It's a bit of a trial and error process, even now 2 years and 135 pounds lost into the process.
Wow! That's an amazing weight loss! Well done!

Portion control is important for me as well. I find that when I eat healthy meals within my plan, it is so much easier to feel full with smaller portions.

piccolopat

DIS Veteran
Wow! That's an amazing weight loss! Well done! Portion control is important for me as well. I find that when I eat healthy meals within my plan, it is so much easier to feel full with smaller portions.
Thanks! It was hard work reversing many decades of bad eating habits but I am so glad I finally got my act together. Downside is all of the loose skin but I'd rather be jiggly and healthier at 62 than fat and unhealthy. Good luck on your plan!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.