Wedding invitation with rules

It got to new levels of insanity when the third wedding decided that they wanted all of their guests "announced"

Seems awfully pompous. Also would imagine that involved a good bit of logistics since I assume someone had to do the announcing and likely didn't know everyone. So guests had to stand around in the hall before being 'announced' and permitted to enter? I guess if you were one of the first to arrive you were 'announced' to an empty room................LOL.

Seems awfully pompous. Also would imagine that involved a good bit of logistics since I assume someone had to do the announcing and likely didn't know everyone. So guests had to stand around in the hall before being 'announced' and permitted to enter? I guess if you were one of the first to arrive you were 'announced' to an empty room................LOL.
Perhaps it was like a commencement ceremony, where everyone had a little card they handed to the announcer as they got to the front of the line?

The big thing in our family a couple of years ago was "Black Tie required" weddings. There were three of them in one year. We complied, in fact I bought a Tux because it was cheaper than the 3 rentals. It got to new levels of insanity when the third wedding decided that they wanted all of their guests "announced" (think of Downton Abbey).

I had enough and went on line and bought a "Title". Made sure that they announced us as Lord and Lady, also required them to address us that way. The next wedding invite we received the next year did not have a "Black Tie" requirement.

The things we do for Family.
Well played, your Lordship!

If you are on Tik Tok there is a wedding planner who shares her GUEST-ZILLA stories and it is quite entertaining!! :rotfl:

Her name is weddingprocass

Yes, there were cards. They were in the wedding invitation. I had to "correct" our with a pen to add the title. LOL

We did hear from a few other family members that they wished they thought of it.

The DJ did the announcing. Hope he got a good fee for it.
Please tell me you wore the top hat from your avatar!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter