• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather in January?

6_Time_Momma

<font color=blue>Still crazy after all these years
I think my DH reallly plans on doing the marathon in January, which would move our trip up about 5 months (YEA!!) But, I am wondering about the weather that time? I mean, will we be able to go swimming outside? How warm/cool will it be? I would hate to go, and then have the kids not be able to take advantage of the pools and stuff.

We went this past January and it was colder than usual. The key is to just bring lots of layers to wear. You bundle up in the morning and then just peel off the layers as the day goes on. We found the cool weather (high 50's-60's, one day in 40's) nice to walk around the parks in, very refreshing and it gave us lots of energy. We did go in the pool the days it reached in the 60's, the pools are heated (but yes, it was cold getting out). We watched the nightime parade in hats and mittens, but it was fun. And from what I heard down there, it was unusually cold, not like their typical January.

I was there in Jan. 2000 and it was the same as Melk said. Maybe not so unusal then? Anyway, we didn't even attempt to swim, way too cold. We wore jackets every day and drank lots of hot cocoa. But the lines were nonexistent, we walked onto everything, well worth it!

We were there in Jan. '99 and had great weather. Only one day with rain and it lasted only 15 minutes. Temperatures were high 70's to low 80's, perfect. We were in the pool nearly everyday.

This January '01, however, was a different story. Although it was not cold, it did rain a lot and we were only able to use the pool one day. Still had a great time.

Alright, anyone have the trusty Farmer's Almanac who can tell me what it'll be like next year???:) :jester: :) :jester:

We've gone to WDW six times in January and encountered temps in the 50's and this year, the third week in January it hit 90! Then it took a huge plunge the following week when we were at the beach. Overall, the days have been mild and sunny, the evenings cool, requiring a jacket. Sometimes we've been able to swim, sometimes it's just been too cool. It rains infrequently in January, in fact it has never rained during any of our winter trips to WDW, but it has when we are at the beach! Guess we've been lucky. The best part of a January visit is that the crowds are pretty light... we rarely have encountered the kinds of problems I read about that people experience during peak times.

January is a tough one. We have encountered 40's and 80's. We usually bring a couple of changes of cool clothes and a couple of warm clothes.

WONDERFUL!!

Can be very chilly. Can be warm enough to swim.

We had both one year in January. We swam the first day, froze the second. It warmed up a little more each day. By the 6th and 7th day we were swimming again.

Have fun!!!

:p :bounce: :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter