We did it.....

I just drank the Kool-aid! Bought Chris a 32gb 3G iPad today for Father's Day. Best Buy got 5 delivered today. I begged the girl on the phone to save one for me and that I would be right in (it's not their policy to do that). She did, and by the time I got there the other 4 were sold.

I have no idea how I am going to keep this a secret until then. It's killing me not to rip open the box and start playing with it.

I just drank the Kool-aid! Bought Chris a 32gb 3G iPad today for Father's Day. Best Buy got 5 delivered today. I begged the girl on the phone to save one for me and that I would be right in (it's not their policy to do that). She did, and by the time I got there the other 4 were sold.

I have no idea how I am going to keep this a secret until then. It's killing me not to rip open the box and start playing with it.

Jen, send it to Spring, TX c/o Mike Holland. I will make sure it is safe :littleangel:

You have to "jailbreak" your phone. It's super easy, google "spirit jailbreak", and can painlessly be undone. Once jail broken, just DL an app called MyWi. There are probably others.

Please, please, please remember that this will void the warranty on your iPhone or iPad if you jailbreak it. I have to break this news to some unhappy person at least once every other week. Apple knows how to check if you are currently or have ever been jailbroken.

Just a friendly PSA :goodvibes

I count myself as very lucky - I don't know what my unmet needs are so I dont have to meet them! :rotfl:
So much for my "simple life". :rolleyes:

I held off buying my iPhone for a long time until I figured out what I was actually going to use it for. I didn't just want an expensive toy. If I couldn't come up with some good practical uses for it, I wasn't buying one. I have one now and have actually been able to use it for work and even doing something with it that is earning me money every month (related to my job - not something others could use) and can only be done on the iPhone.

I'm not even thinking about getting an iPad. I think they are neat. I just don't see where I have any practical use for one. If that changes at some point, I'll reconsider. For example, several electronic medical record companies now offer iPad versions of their software. If we decide to use one of those systems in my office, I would gladly get an iPad.

DH came home with one today! We are fighting over it. :lovestruc

Here is an interesting reason that pushed us to get it also. DS10 can use it in school, he has low muscle tone and this is perfect for him to use instead of writing and doing planning. It was his teachers idea we practice this summer with him. :teacher:

So we are drinking the kool aid...

I know this thread is about iPads, but since so much talk is about Kindle, I will chime in.

I love, love, love my Kindle. Adore it. I am definitely a gadget junkie, and due to the fact that I work full time online, I have get most new gadgets that hit the market. I have a technology budget through work that I am expected to spend. Poor me, I know. :lmao:

Anyhow, of every gadget I have ever gotten, nothing earns my love like the Kindle. There is no learning curve--it works right out of the box and you are off and reading within seconds.

I am interested in the iPad. I haven't had the kool aid just yet. It would take a healthy chunk of my technology budget, and I'm just not sure how I would use it/what it would offer me.

But for anyone on the fence about the Kindle--it is an amazing product and if you are avid reader, I don't see how you can go wrong.

Please, please, please remember that this will void the warranty on your iPhone or iPad if you jailbreak it. I have to break this news to some unhappy person at least once every other week. Apple knows how to check if you are currently or have ever been jailbroken.

Just a friendly PSA :goodvibes

Thanks for clarifying! I was under the impression that it could easily and cleanly be restored to factory settings if a warranty need arose. Now if whatever warranty issue you're having prevents you from being able to restore to factory settings, yeah, I can see how that would be a problem. I suggest people do their own reading online if they're interested.

Or pay the just-announced $20 monthly fee to enable tethering on a now-capped data plan....:sad2:

What a scam. Can't wait for iPhone AT&T exclusivity to die a rightful death.

Or pay the just-announced $20 monthly fee to enable tethering on a now-capped data plan....:sad2:

Where's the smiley showing a giant raspberry? Found this out a couple minutes ago. Liking AT&T even less now......

Thanks for clarifying! I was under the impression that it could easily and cleanly be restored to factory settings if a warranty need arose. Now if whatever warranty issue you're having prevents you from being able to restore to factory settings, yeah, I can see how that would be a problem. I suggest people do their own reading online if they're interested.

I believe Willow1213 works for Apple and has given some good advice.

I posted this on the thread about the new pricing structure.

According to the press release:
The new $25-per-month plan will replace the current $30 plan with unlimited usage that is available for the iPad, the tablet computer Apple Inc. released just a few months ago, though iPad owners can keep the old plan as long as they keep paying $30 per month, AT&T said.

Verizon will charge for tethering too..that's not something that's going to go away in the cellular industry. You're better off getting an Android phone which will have mobile hotspots enabled in it's next release (v2.2 aka Froyo) which then using WiFi you can bind your iPad to.

--DB

Verizon will charge for tethering too..that's not something that's going to go away in the cellular industry. You're better off getting an Android phone which will have mobile hotspots enabled in it's next release (v2.2 aka Froyo) which then using WiFi you can bind your iPad to.

--DB

My wifes new Palm Pre is a mobile hotspot for not extra cost. Love it! We dumped out aircard and saved over 60 a month in the process.

After searching half the United States (literally) our local Apple reseller finally got some 3G ipads in.

I bought a 16gb 3G in order to have my wife give me my wi-fi version back (she stole it from me when she found that she could watch her soaps on it).

They are not a laptop replacement, but I will you tell you my laptop now gets minimal use.

What is tethering?

It's a way of providing networking to a device like a laptop via another device like a cell phone. The term came from typically using a cable to connect the two devices, but nowadays you can also use wi-fi or bluetooth to tether wirelessly.

du-sidebar-show-notes

ORLANDO SHOW

UNIVERSAL SHOW

CONNECTING WITH WALT

DREAMS SHOW

DISNEYLAND SHOW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter