We did it.....

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
John and I are proud owners of 32G 3G iPads.

We've only had them for less than a day.

So far, they're pretty cool.

The koolaid is tasty!:thumbsup2

That's awesome Kevin! Congratualtions to both you and John. Enjoy them.

I've seen one, and from the limited exposure I've had the video clarity and resolution are incredible.

Mmm ! Kool Aid ! Make mine grape, please...

I'm interested to hear how they compare as e-readers to the Kindle.

Their larger, "in color" screens make them a tempting purchase...

How can we sweet talk The Genius to have one added to the prize-matron?

:)

Mmm ! Kool Aid ! Make mine grape, please...

I'm interested to hear how they compare as e-readers to the Kindle.

Their larger, "in color" screens make them a tempting purchase...

I have some really early observations as far as the iPda being used as an e=reader.

The Kindle app works just like it does on the iPhone. As long as your Kindle whispernet is on....it will sync to the furthest location read.

The Kindle app has three back grounds....white background with black text, black background with white text and sepia background with black text.

You can also adjust the brightness of the Kindle app.

I downloaded iBooks and bought a book that hasnt been available on Kindle, but havent really had a chance to play with that yet.

So far, I like the larger "page" on the iPad. The back lighting is nice for reading in bed (no need for a book light). The iPad is heavier than the Kindle. I didnt think this was going to be that noticeable....but it is.

Pretty much none of of the books I read are in color....so I dont really have anything to compare it to.

I did download the new issue of Vanity Fair (which I subscribe to anyway). It's $4.99 per issue and it's very crisp.....but there is something easy and natural about flipping through a magazine. It's a very different experience trying to look through and electronic magazine. This is one thing that I think is better in it's original format.

I'll keep you posted as to what my experiences are.

You forgot to mention they weigh 1.5 pounds and are 9.56" long.

Congratulations, John and Kevin, on the arrival of your beautiful babies. Enjoy and nurture them in good health!:)

I confess I'm a little covetous!

I have some really early observations as far as the iPda being used as an e=reader.

The Kindle app works just like it does on the iPhone. As long as your Kindle whispernet is on....it will sync to the furthest location read.

The Kindle app has three back grounds....white background with black text, black background with white text and sepia background with black text.

You can also adjust the brightness of the Kindle app.

I downloaded iBooks and bought a book that hasnt been available on Kindle, but havent really had a chance to play with that yet.

So far, I like the larger "page" on the iPad. The back lighting is nice for reading in bed (no need for a book light). The iPad is heavier than the Kindle. I didnt think this was going to be that noticeable....but it is.

Pretty much none of of the books I read are in color....so I dont really have anything to compare it to.

I did download the new issue of Vanity Fair (which I subscribe to anyway). It's $4.99 per issue and it's very crisp.....but there is something easy and natural about flipping through a magazine. It's a very different experience trying to look through and electronic magazine. This is one thing that I think is better in it's original format.

I'll keep you posted as to what my experiences are.

I have to remember to tell this to our oldest nephew (low vision due to Stargardt's disease). He may need it was some college classes.

No there is no VPN client, you can not use them to access servers or upload.
Let me repeat there is no ipad VPN client :)
(This PSA brought to you by the Werner Technologies IT Department proud users of Linux and Windows since 1999)

I am glad you like the koolaid Kevin ;) Knew that you would love it.

Selling off our netbook; hopefully since no one one likes it at home. If I buyer comes through in 3 weeks I will be looking at a iPad in the Florida Mall in 3 weeks :goodvibes

I did download the new issue of Vanity Fair (which I subscribe to anyway). It's $4.99 per issue and it's very crisp.....but there is something easy and natural about flipping through a magazine.
Umm, yes...

This month's issue is particularly enjoyable...

Kool Aid, YUM! Enjoy the new toys - I mean, advanced technological tools that are surely needed for many practical and serious purposes.

No there is no VPN client, you can not use them to access servers or upload.
Let me repeat there is no ipad VPN client :)
(This PSA brought to you by the Werner Technologies IT Department proud users of Linux and Windows since 1999)

Who needs VPN when you have SSH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter