We did it.....

Did anyone buy screen protectors for the iPads? The guy at the Apple Store said not to use one?

Just wondering??

TIA

Did anyone buy screen protectors for the iPads? The guy at the Apple Store said not to use one?

Just wondering??

TIA
Some people like them because they can reduce the glare and make the finger prints smears less noticeable. I've never used one on my iPhone and can't see getting one for our iPad either. I just keep a microfiber cloth around to wipe the screen clean.

Well today is my birthday and my husband got me an iPad...well let me clarify...he did not realize that there would be a waiting list and he went last night and put me on the waiting list for a 3G 32GB. I'm now trying to decide do I need the 3G or not? I think if I didn't want the 3G I could probably go pick the iPad up this evening.
What are the thoughts on the 3G versus the WiFi only version? My husband said I might not ever use the 3G but the first time I want to and can't I will regret not having it.

My husband said I might not ever use the 3G but the first time I want to and can't I will regret not having it.

This was our exact reasoning.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for your thoughts. No, the price isn't an issue. I think at this point I'm just impatient to get my hands on it and maybe I'm trying to talk myself into the WiFi version.

Verizon will charge for tethering too..that's not something that's going to go away in the cellular industry. You're better off getting an Android phone which will have mobile hotspots enabled in it's next release (v2.2 aka Froyo) which then using WiFi you can bind your iPad to.

--DB

Verizon does not charge for tethering with certain palm phones. This is an expected feature everywhere else in the world. Hopefully competition will drive the price down. $20 for tethering by ATT is an absolute disgrace. You're paying nearly double for the data service, and they aren't increasing your bandwidth even a little bit.

::shrug:: anyway, I already have a rooted android phone, and tether my 3G connection to my iPad for free.

stitchlover said:
Kevin - do you feel much need for a cover or case for your iPad?

It's funny you should ask.

I was just coming here to post that I just recieved my. gorgeous Oberon cover for my Ipad.

I got Avenue of the Trees in dark green.

They are very expesive ($130) but I personally think they are worth every penny.

And yes..... I definitely feel the Ipad needs a cover.

It's funny you should ask.

I was just coming here to post that I just recieved my. gorgeous Oberon cover for my Ipad.

I got Avenue of the Trees in dark green.

They are very expesive ($130) but I personally think they are worth every penny.

I just got to make sweet finger lovin' to an IPAD tonight. Daddy likes!!!

If it is worse than Coral Reef that's saying something. I am going with Tony's last time we ate there it was complete swill.

Is that a rooted Droid? Or did Verizon finally release tethering?

I don't know what a rooted droid is, but I have the one that has the QWERTY keyboard. The app I use is PDA net. It gives you the option to USB tether or bluetooth.

And I am considering a Ipad. Maybe during my next bonus.

DisneyKevin said:

Thanks Kevin. I will keep that in mind when I get the notice that mine is available. They told me today it could be 1-2 days or 2-3 weeks. We are out of town Tuesday-Saturday next week. So I need it to come in by Monday evening or wait until next Sunday or else I will have to go back on the waiting list. I have my fingers crossed. I would really like to have it for the flight to and from Boston next week.

I don't know what a rooted droid is, but I have the one that has the QWERTY keyboard. The app I use is PDA net. It gives you the option to USB tether or bluetooth.

And I am considering a Ipad. Maybe during my next bonus.

"Rooting" is the Android equivalent of jailbreaking an iPhone. It gives you access to features Verizon doesn't want you to have (at least not yet).

I'll have to look in to PDAnet...looks like it doesn't need root access.

Verizon is supposed to be offering official tethering for a fee, but still haven't. I don't care as my company would be paying for it instead of the wireless modem for the laptop, but if I can get it working sooner rather than later, it would save some money...

In bed, writting on partner's iPad propped on my lap. Still unsure about the keyboard. Can't manage to put words in bold or italics by hitting the attribute choices above.

About covers - partner has decided not to "baby his new toy", expensive as it is. He says the technology will be out of date in a few years, any way.

So far, his only cover / carrying case has been bubble padded mailing envelope to to the exact size. So far, so good.

I would have put a protective sheet over the glass front. Using the iPad at breakfast this morning, the glass was covered with my fingerprint smudges. But they wiped right off. so far, so good.

Any chance it is a rugged little gadget?

I got a 64GB 3G on release day (pre-order), and I LOVE it so far. I stream Pandora when driving, Netflix when I have time to kill, rarely sit at my desktop to check e-mail anymore.

I have a problem that Apple has not been able to solve. I cannot burn digital DVD content to my computer. I have several Disney Digital DVD bundles, and when I try to copy them to use on my Ipad (or any other device, for that matter), I get an error message that I do not have "permissions" to do it. I am using an administrator account, and have checked the individual folders that media is copied into, and they are all unrestricted. I have tried changing to a new media folder. I tried starting a new admin user, which worked on one movie but then stopped working when I tried another. Any ideas? I disabled my Norton 360. I'm afraid to buy any more digital content until I get this resolved, but I love watching it on my Ipad.

"Rooting" is the Android equivalent of jailbreaking an iPhone. It gives you access to features Verizon doesn't want you to have (at least not yet).

I'll have to look in to PDAnet...looks like it doesn't need root access.

Verizon is supposed to be offering official tethering for a fee, but still haven't. I don't care as my company would be paying for it instead of the wireless modem for the laptop, but if I can get it working sooner rather than later, it would save some money...

PDANet does not require rooting, but it won't help with tethering to an ipad because it doesn't tether via wifi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter