We are back, just a few comments

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
Hi, At BCV from Sept 23 to Oct 1. For us, hot hot hot. Low to mid 90's with heat index of a million. One day, with a 50% chance of rain....it poured cats, dogs, lions and tigers for about 30 mins. I gave my cheapie ponchos to DGD. My clothes were wetter than if I had just pulled them from the washer. We had to go back to get changed, the rain stopped at that point. But started up again a little later. The next day, with a 60% chance , we carried our heavy ponchos. Not a drop of rain.

We rented a wheel chair from Walker mobility. No issues there. We attached a small fan to the arm rest for DH and one by the push handles for me. We also put little twinkle lights on the big wheels. Got several comments of cool chair. For getting onto transportation, we just waited in line and folded up the wheelchair and rolled it on like a stroller. Only once did the waters parted and the bus driver motioned for us to board first.

For groceries we used Prime Now. No problems. Now it's not like a normal store, but enough for us. We used them for mostly, water, juices, milk, and a few snacks.

Rides....one day mine train, pooh, space mountain and run away railroad was closed at the same time. Later that night about 6 ish, we were going to us a FP for mine train. The FP line was almost to the carousel. We didn't wait.

BCV had one of the elevators down the whole week. That slowed things down. But we had a great room just a few doors away from the elevator.

Security.....like any other trip, some CM barely looked, others checked like crazy. I brought a few things in ziplock bags. CM flipped it back and forth and said that was easy. One time I walked up to a table, lady in front of me with her purse already on table. I'm behind her with my ziplock bag. On the other side of the table a woman comes up with the standard stroller, couple of backpacks and stops short of the table for a few secs. I guess to get her stuff out from under the stroller. She moves forward and the CM goes thru her stuff first. Then the woman with her purse, then another woman with a stroller with the backpacks. So my two min trip through bag check was more like ten. Yes, not life changing, but still grrrrrrrr.

We did two meals with family. Germany at lunch and Ohana at dinner. Lunch was fine but at the show they didn't use the horns or the bells. Is that only for dinner shows? At ohana, as soon as the platter with the noodles, potsticker, etc was placed down, they started coming with the meats. I just said I wasnt ready yet but others at the table did take some. So while waiting for dessert the CM singer comes out , calls up birthday people and sings happy birthday . Dessert comes and I'm wondering if they are doing anything for the kids. At that point they did do the hulu lesson. Half the table left, they came back, we finished dessert and had extra coffee, but no mention of coconut race. Not sure if they stopped it, or just bad timing on our part.

Cute moment of the trip, going though small world, 2 year DGD starts waving and saying "Hi kids, Hi kids".

Just thought of a few more things....

fuel rod. I don't remember who said where I could find one at Phila. airport , but thank you. I did get one and it did come in handy with the fans. First time I tried to swap it, I messed up. I put the charger in and nothing happened. Someone that had one was walking by and I asked them. They said did you hit "swap", ummm no. So I hit "swap" and it says insert fuel rod, but I had already done that. So I'm standing there with nothing. I saw the number for calling for help. I did , I explained I'm an idiot. She asked for the number of the machine and told it to dispense a battery. I got the battery and continued on.

Marshmallow roasting....I asked at the front desk and a CM in a blue/black suit told me the activity goes from 7 pm until the movie which is at 8:30. Great, we still needed to get dinner, so that is perfect. Go down about 8:05, it's over, no one is around. grrrrr I asked at the front desk, oh that only last about an hour. Next day we come into room, plate of cookies and two glasses of milk in fridge. Card saying enjoy the cookies. No mention of the marshmallows, but I'm guessing that's why we got them.

Last edited:
Great report! Sorry for the heat and rain, but sounds like you made the best of it and enjoyed your family trip. :)

The rain was only one day, but it was the day we were eating at Ohana. We left MK at 3:45, had to wait for bus back to BCV. Got to room , got changed, headed back out , but by now it was about 5. We are not going to get to Ohana by 5:30. Told DD, we'll try but if we aren't there , don't be listed as a no show and pay $90 , just go without us. We get bus to MK, walk over to monorail. DD said Ohana said they will wait for us. Get on the monorail, must be 5:45 by now, get to BT and wait and wait and wait. Finally moves, we get to Poly little after 6. Glad they were able to wait for us.

After dinner, I wanted to do a slow stroll through Epcot. We get to the fountain and see lightening in the distance. Forget the stroll, we hightailed it back to our room. Of course it didn't rain (if at all) for hours.

We did the pearl thing at Japan the previous day. It's in a different spot from when we were there in May. I got four (4 DGD), and they were done as a bunch. Each girl picked one and it was put on a tray. Did the bow, one , two, three The CM did clam one, oooo pretty color , cleans the pearl and puts it in the salt, clam two .....one, two, three....and so forth.........so now there are four pearls in the salt. She polishes pearl one, sizes it , puts in bag. Pearl two....and so forth. Only after the fourth pearl, does she do the drum thing. I sort of wish we had done each one separate for each DGD and not just lumped together. I've only done it once before, so I didn't know what to expect with the four. But the girls all have something from our trip.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter