WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based in the UK and at the 30 day window for our trip to WDW in October :) However the link in the first post doesn't seem to take you to the DAS registration pages and I can't seem to find it via anywhere else either. :(. Does anyone have a current link that works please?

Completed Videochat Friday with a minimal wait. I had expected a LONG wait. It was about 20 minutes before the CM got my info. We were videochatting within 5 minutes and it didn't even take 5 minutes to complete. Chatting with the CM for advance selections was very easy too. I had anxiety about the whole situation because I didn't know if I really wanted to apply for the DAS but felt I really may need to utilize it. After going through the process my anxiety about it is gone. If we need to utilize we will, if not we won't.

After reading through it all, am I correct that let's say we want to go to Flight of Passage and the wait is 120 minutes, then we would be able to get the selection and show up at the allotted time. They aren't like the old Fastpasses and "sell out" are they? Thank you all.

Even with VPN still can't access the link. Any other ideas?
I believe the pre-registration service is only for people in the United States? At least that's what I've been hearing. People used to be able to use the VPN but it's not allowed. You can always go to guest services when you arrive. We found the 2 pre-selections to be rather useless, actually. Either they were too far apart physically, or at odd times, or we just didn't get there early enough and they expired. Using the regular DAS selections each day was much better, and the app made it really easy.

After reading through it all, am I correct that let's say we want to go to Flight of Passage and the wait is 120 minutes, then we would be able to get the selection and show up at the allotted time. They aren't like the old Fastpasses and "sell out" are they? Thank you all.
DAS access doesn't "sell out" - just closes out at park closing. If the return wait time in standby is after park closing (posted at a 45 minute wait and the park closes in 30 minutes, for example} the attraction probably won't be available in the app but the CM at the LL entrance can give you a return time.

DAS access doesn't "sell out" - just closes out at park closing. If the return wait time in standby is after park closing (posted at a 45 minute wait and the park closes in 30 minutes, for example} the attraction probably won't be available in the app but the CM at the LL entrance can give you a return time.
Thank you very much. First time using this so I wasn't 100% sure.

Thanks for getting back to us on this. That's a little different than the way it was described earlier.

At least one person could see all three though, correct? Could either one of the das holders book for themself and the female?
So I am totally confused now. DD and I both signed up for DAS online today (on the same MDE account) and we made pre-arrival selections for most of the trip. I asked the CM to put all booked under me, including DD, which he did. When I look at MDE, each is showing 3 people (includes DH) with me having a "registered" notation by my name. Does this mean they did not add DD's DAS? If i read the posts here correctly, she would not have been able to be included on mine since she should have her own. I called to ask but the DAS rep said they are unable to see who has it. This will only be an issue for thrill rides that I won't do, so I could wait until we get there. Or, is it possible she is set up for her own but it won't reflect till we book a ride under hers?

From what I know, if she is registered for DAS, it should say that, but there might be something different for DAS Advance Selections than for in the parks.

We only have guest in our group registered for DAS - see the screenshot of the screen for making a DAS Return Time in the park.
When you are actually at WDW, she should be listed with you in the Registered Guest part.

C116E107-A958-46CD-B574-0AEFDEC0A7E4.jpeg

Thanks so much for the great info! Also wondering if there is a maximum number of days you can book the pre-arrival selections, as they stopped me at 10 days. The CM encouraged me to make a couple at the same time- if we miss the 2nd due to issues with the first ride, will they still honor it? Thanks!

You should be able to book Advanced Selections for any days you have theme park reservations within the next 2-30 days. If you trip dates extend beyond the 30 days, you may need to reconnect once within that window.

Reports seem to vary with regards to using Advanced Selections after the 1-hour window. Many are told no, a few have been allowed. So I would not count on it. If you have 2 within the same 1-hour slot, I suggest getting to the first at the very beginning of that time period and then going directly to the second.

Are the ILL rides at each park the only ones that aren't eligible for Advance DAS reservations? I'm looking at the list of available rides on the Disney website, and rides like Space Mountain and Frozen Ever After are not listed.

Just finishing the advanced DAS selections, so 3 hours to complete the process from logon. No Advance DAs for our MNSSHP day but said we could use when there and during the party.

Good morning all, just completer DAS registration. Flawless, took <15 Min. TBH, second time for me (completed last March too), signed on right at 0700 EST on a Sun. Completed the terms and conditions (which shows just before ‘start chat’ button, then used atomic clock to start right at 7. You’ll see ‘start chat’ button turn blue. I had a CM on within two min. Have your ressies, party names, good idea of what rides and times and away u go. Difference from last time was the CM this time stayed on video whole time while I made selections. Last time we shifted from video to texting and I got bombarded with rides and times. Stressful 😬. This CM was great and went off my requested rides and times. My ‘special daughter’ was on for about 30 seconds to simply get pic. She’s pretty involved so minimal Q’s from CM. Been doing DAS for over 20 years (going back to handwritten return times) and this was about the easiest. Take care.

I bolted key points…

I registered for DAS for my daughter yesterday (Saturday, Oct 8). I read and accepted the Terms and Condition, then tapped the link to start the chat at 1:17 pm, Central Time.
Almost instantly, I got a message requesting the name of the person DAS was being applied for, names of the other people in our party and our first park date.
As soon as I typed that in, I got a reply asking if the person applying for DAS was present. After I replied she was, the CM sent a message asking saying she would need to send a request for a video chat. The video chat is used to continue the conversation, discuss
concerns and take a picture of the guest requesting DAS.
I said OK to that at 1:19 and the video Chat actually began at 1:20.

My daughter has used DAS since it began in 2013 and used GAC (Guest Assistance Card) for many years before that. I explained DD’s issues with waiting in line and she was approved.
The same CM started the process of making DAS Advance Selections on video chat (a change from previous times we’ve done DAS). Before she could schedule any, the video chat cut out, but I was still on the text chat with her. She tried several times to resend a link, but we were never able to get back in. She finally ended the chat and I was able to log back in with another CM.
She sent a secure document for me to type our choices for our first 3 park days. After completing those, she just asked for each day in the chat window.
I was able to choose morning, afternoon or evening and was given a choice of 2 times for many of them.
After completing 7 days of DAS Advance Selections, she indicated I would need to ‘reach out to planning‘ after using the first day. I verified that after using the first day, I would be able to schedule the rest of the visit and not need to call in each day.

I completed everything by 2:23 pm; it would have probably been about 1/2 hour less if there had not been technical problems. I was using Safari browser on an iPad Air

Good morning - I was going to attempt to sign in at 7:00 am this morning (30 days out today), but the rush of school/work just wasn't worth it. So I'm going to try again later today once I know we are all home for good. This will be around 5:30 when I know we are all home. What time would you suggest I start to log in? How late are they available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter