WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited the first post to clarify.
The DAS information is talking about 2 different and SEPARATE things.
DAS Advance selections:
- can be selected when guests register for DAS using live video chat registration 2-30 days before the visit
- up to 2 DAS Advance selections can be made; the website says ‘if available’. The meaning has not been specified; it could be specific attractions are available or only certain times, or both
- DAS Advance selections will start at a specific time and have a 1 hour window of time to be used.
- Guests can’t make DAS Advance on the day of visit OR IF registering for DAS at one of the Theme Parks
- FROM EVERYTHING WE KNOW, Guests don’t need to use their DAS Advance selections before they get a DAS Return Time

DAS Return Times
- are separate from DAS Advance selections; FROM EVERYTHING WE KNOW, guests can make a DAS Return Time without using DAS Advance selections
- work the same way as DAS Return Times worked previously
- Guests using DAS obtain DAS Return Times the day of visit at a park; the Return Time can be made by the DAS user or any other member of their party linked to DAS
- Guests using DAS can have only 1 active DAS Return Time at a time
- DAS Return Time is based on the current wait in the Standby (regular) line
- DAS Return Time doesn’t expire. A guest can enter the attraction any time after the Return Time begins
- Return Time is active until it’s used, cancelled or until the park closes
- Once DAS Return Time has been used or cancelled, another DAS Return Time can be made

Can someone kindly help me with understanding everything I have read through? I have two kids who would qualify for passes and we go on June 28th. We have been to Disney several times but the system has changed. I understand there is a video chat we can do ahead of time but 1) do we have to purchase Genie Plus to get the DAS advanced registration and time slots? and 2) how far out is best for me to call? Do I need to have our days very planned out prior to the call to reserve time slots - I have the park reservations, I just want to make sure I understand what will be expected in the call? I am a bit confused because my other child, who doesn't need a pass, was just on her senior trip and a roommate she was with had her asthma flare up really bad on the first day so my daughter just took her to guest relations and she got a disability pass for the time they were down there. Thanks for your help and patience...I got overwhelmed looking at all the details.

Can someone kindly help me with understanding everything I have read through? I have two kids who would qualify for passes and we go on June 28th. We have been to Disney several times but the system has changed. I understand there is a video chat we can do ahead of time but 1) do we have to purchase Genie Plus to get the DAS advanced registration and time slots? and 2) how far out is best for me to call? Do I need to have our days very planned out prior to the call to reserve time slots - I have the park reservations, I just want to make sure I understand what will be expected in the call? I am a bit confused because my other child, who doesn't need a pass, was just on her senior trip and a roommate she was with had her asthma flare up really bad on the first day so my daughter just took her to guest relations and she got a disability pass for the time they were down there. Thanks for your help and patience...I got overwhelmed looking at all the details.
if you want you can do it just like in the past where you go to gr at the park and get the DAS there. or you can do the video chat 30 days to 2 days before your trip I have found 7am EST to be the best time to do the chat. It does help to know if you have anything like dinning for the advance DAS. no you do not need gene+ for the DAS

Hi, question- my window to request DAS is opening next week and I am trying to put together our top three selections per park and I have doubt about the fact that some ILL are now LL up to August (Frozen, Space, etc) but they are available for advance selection under DAS?

Hi, question- my window to request DAS is opening next week and I am trying to put together our top three selections per park and I have doubt about the fact that some ILL are now LL up to August (Frozen, Space, etc) but they are available for advance selection under DAS?
It has been reported that those attractions are not available for advance DAS.

The first post in this thread has a collection of information about DAS. I apologize if it’s a little overwhelming; it is a little messy because it was being updated as things changed, but it is factual.
To answer your questions.
1) Do we have to pay for Genie+ to get DAS Advsnce Selections?
DAS Advanced Selections and Genie+ are 2 separate things.
DAS Advance Selections are made in connection with doing DAS registration using video chat. They are selected from available attraction ‘slots’ at the time of registration.
Genie+ is an optional feature guests can pay for that allows selecting certain attractions to avoid waiting in line. Genie+ attractions are chosen on the day of visit from available times.

2) How far out to call? Do I need to have our days very planned out prior to the call to reserve time slots?
Video registration needs to be 30 - 2 days before your first park visit. You do need park reservations beforehand and if you plan to eat at any full service restaurants, you should make those ADRs and have a note of them so you can work around them. To prepare for the chat, have a list of your park reservations, any ADRs and have all the guests you want linked to DAS listed in your My Disney Experience Friends and Family.
I just want to make sure I understand what will be expected in the call?
Read and sign the Terms and Conditions (by checking the ‘accept’ box) before starting the chat. There are 2 parts of the video DAS registration. It starts out as a text chat (which some people have been stuck on for many hours). A CM will ask some questions on the text chat - Is your first park day between 30 - 2 days from ‘now’? Who are you requesting DAS for and is that person available to do video chat? Names of others you want linked to DAS?
The second part is the actual video chat. Expect to be asked to discuss something along the lines of ‘What are your concerns with waiting in the regular lines?’ The person you are requesting DAS for will need to be present for the video chat.

After completing DAS registration, you will be routed to the DAS Advance Selection text chat. You will be asked who to include in the DAS Advance Selections. For each park reservation day, be prepared to type in the park, any ADR times and your top 3 choices for attractions - you will only get up to 2 DAS Advance Selections for each day; the third is in case one of your first 2 are not available. The CM will leave the chat for a few minutes to schedule and will ask you to check the results in My Disney Experience after scheduling them.
There are a certain number of DAS Advance Selection ‘slots’ for each attraction for each day. You can request things like ‘start at park opening, start after 1pm, etc., but that may limit what is available.

It has been reported that those attractions are not available for advance DAS.
Several posters have reported they specifically asked if the attractions that were changed from Individual Lightning Lane ($$) to Genie+ were available and were told no.
I don’t expect they will be included in DAS Advance Selections.
I

I don’t expect those attractions that were Individual Lightning Lane ($$) attractions to be added as DAS Advance Selections.

@SueM in MN
Hey Sue, thank you for all the work you do in this thread :) It's very helpful.
If you get around to update the first post, can you add something?
Information I missed is when the lines open. it's 7am EST, right?

- Wait times have varied a LOT. Some people have reported shorter waits whrn getting on right away when it opens in the morning

What happens if a DAs advance selections or DAS same day attraction is not operating during your window?
If a ride in down then you can not get a return time. Pretty much if you as a non DAS haolder can get in line then a DAS holder can too

If a ride in down then you can not get a return time. Pretty much if you as a non DAS haolder can get in line then a DAS holder can too
But if an lightning lane or genie plus attraction is down, I though my it converts to a pass to return any other time.

What happens if a DAs advance selections or DAS same day attraction is not operating during your window?

But if an lightning lane or genie plus attraction is down, I though my it converts to a pass to return any other time.
It should.
For a DAS Return Time, since there is no end time, it may just stay active if it looks like the attraction will only be down a short time

It’s now been 7 hours forty minutes. I can see this has not improved from my last failed attempt in October. I’m starting to worry I’ll time out tonight and not get through.

It’s now been 7 hours forty minutes. I can see this has not improved from my last failed attempt in October. I’m starting to worry I’ll time out tonight and not get through.
It was better in January and February- quite a few people (me included) completed registration and choosing DAS Advance Selections in around an hour.
I think right now, there is a lot of demand between Spring Break and Easter guests.

I’ve tried without success most of the day last Saturday & Sunday (4/9 & 10) and late afternoon to closing on 4/11, 4/13 and today.
My iPad battery ran down, so it’s plugged in to charge in my DD’s room. She keeps leaving, so between checking to make sure the chat didn’t answer me and chasing her back into her room, I’m up every few minutes. The only good thing about it is my Apple Watch is giving me Exercise minutes!

It was better in January and February- quite a few people (me included) completed registration and choosing DAS Advance Selections in around an hour.
I think right now, there is a lot of demand between Spring Break and Easter guests.

I’ve tried without success most of the day last Saturday & Sunday (4/9 & 10) and late afternoon to closing on 4/11, 4/13 and today.
My iPad battery ran down, so it’s plugged in to charge in my DD’s room. She keeps leaving, so between checking to make sure the chat didn’t answer me and chasing her back into her room, I’m up every few minutes. The only good thing about it is my Apple Watch is giving me Exercise minutes!
Wow, I’m really worried now about ever getting though if you’ve had to try this much. Wow.

Wow, I’m really worried now about ever getting though if you’ve had to try this much. Wow.
When I got in earlier this year for our February trip, I first tried logging in at 3:15pm central time.

My weekend log ins this week were late morning; the weekday ones were late afternoon. I did get a message that ai saw the
next day twice AFTER 10 pm Eastern Time that the CM was ready for me. The first one was about 10:18 pm after I had logged off. The other was also after 10pm, but I had gotten kicked off right before and got the ‘chat is closed’ message when I tried to log back in.

People have reported success logging in right after 7 am Eastern time. If you log in and see a message right away that says they are no longer taking chats, it’s either ‘left over’ from the night before or the chat queue is temporarily overloaded with all the people trying to log in right at 7. Give it a few minutes and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter