WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at Disney World this week and there is a slight change to the in-app DAS selection. It now lists all available DAS attractions for all four parks in one long alphabetical list no matter which park you are in. When we were getting my wife’s DAS (in person at Magic Kingdom) they explained it was a system change to help the app run better. Not sure about running better but now you need to scroll through all the rides to find ones you are looking for.

So one thing we have been doing is my wife will look at the wait time list on her phone to find a ride, then I will scroll through the DAS list on mine to select it.

View attachment 658965
You still have to have scanned into the park with the ride before it will let you book it, right?

You still have to have scanned into the park with the ride before it will let you book it, right?
Yes. We're here now too and have noticed This. It's honestly a nuisance because you can't select a ride from a park you aren't scanned into even if you have a parkhopper but you still have to scroll through every park. I literally tested it 15 seconds ago to confirm, again.

We are just using the tip board because its a pain otherwise.

We are at Disney World this week and there is a slight change to the in-app DAS selection. It now lists all available DAS attractions for all four parks in one long alphabetical list no matter which park you are in. When we were getting my wife’s DAS (in person at Magic Kingdom) they explained it was a system change to help the app run better. Not sure about running better but now you need to scroll through all the rides to find ones you are looking for.

So one thing we have been doing is my wife will look at the wait time list on her phone to find a ride, then I will scroll through the DAS list on mine to select it.

View attachment 658965
Why does your wife have to scroll to see wait times? It looks like standby times are already posted for the DAS rides based on your screen shot above.

View attachment 658965
There is a way around this. Instead of clicking the "DAS button", click the "TIP board" button. Then you can select your park and it will only show the wait times for the park you are in. Then click the ride you want and there is a button there to book the DAS. Much better than scrolling through 4 parks worth of rides!

Why does your wife have to scroll to see wait times? It looks like standby times are already posted for the DAS rides based on your screen shot above.
She doesn’t have to do this, it was just a way to see things easier. In the screen shot you can see that attractions from all four parks are in the DAS list, there is no way to filter it to just one park. My wife was looking at the list of wait times for just one park and letting me know what rides might be good to choose.

There is a way around this. Instead of clicking the "DAS button", click the "TIP board" button. Then you can select your park and it will only show the wait times for the park you are in. Then click the ride you want and there is a button there to book the DAS. Much better than scrolling through 4 parks worth of rides!
Ah ok. I hadn’t noticed that. I find the tip board klunky to use. Thanks for that tip

Afternoon y'all! Long time no talk on here. I'm attempting to get DAS advance selections- logged on at 10:18am EST this morning (I know- probably already too late in the game, but I have nothing to do today so I figured it was worth a shot). Still stuck on the "If you would like to pre-register..." message, nothing about a CM or asking me to type anything. Waiting game it is! We shall see. I'll keep y'all updated with how my experience goes. I just read through 38 pages of this forum, and I feel fully prepared for what I need to do! Wish me luck :)

Well that was easy and painless! Got connected to Morgan about 10 minutes ago, quick 30 second video chat to explain, then a 0 minute wait to get with the planning team, Gala was wonderful and helped me pick all of my attractions for my trip! Done in less than 10 minutes. She even congratulated me because its my graduation trip in which I graduate in the morning on May 1st and drive to Epcot that evening, so I needed evening DAS selections haha. Good luck to everyone else who needs to do the advance registration!

I registered my son for the DAS pass on Friday and the whole process (including advance selections) only took 75 minutes. I started the chat a couple of minutes after 7am and was finished by 8:15am. I was expecting to have to wait for hours so I was pleasantly surprised! I’m guessing I just got lucky, but I hope they figure out how to make this process quicker for everyone.

I'm finally getting down to the little details of planning out our trip- my neices are joining us and they are short. If my son wanted his DAS for whatever ride, now somebody has to wait with the littlest, can that person use a ride swap to ride after the initial group of us rides? Or should I be planning that we leave out the adult that is going to wait with the little girl(s)?

That brings up a secondary question- on most of our days, we will have 7 ticketed people. I know there's a chance they will say no more than 6, so do we get to pick which 6 people for each ride, or do we have to swap bands around if we vary who doesn't get to ride with the group? Some days we will have up to 9 people, and some days are various subsets, so do they "connect" everyone and we have to pick which ones are there, or is it a set group for all of our park days?

Question regarding Advanced DAS.

When hours get extended, do they add more slots for DAS and when? We have a trip from May 6-15, and expect hours to get somewhat updated this Friday and next, and our selections for DAS are a little all over the board (mostly morning slots), and we'd rather try to get earlier slots if they come up. Like on our Epcot day, they assigned us the same time slots for Soarin and Test Track, so we'd like to try to shift one of those to an earlier time.

Question regarding Advanced DAS.

When hours get extended, do they add more slots for DAS and when? We have a trip from May 6-15, and expect hours to get somewhat updated this Friday and next, and our selections for DAS are a little all over the board (mostly morning slots), and we'd rather try to get earlier slots if they come up. Like on our Epcot day, they assigned us the same time slots for Soarin and Test Track, so we'd like to try to shift one of those to an earlier time.
I don't know the answer, but I'll be following a long because I would also like to know. For dining it's usually a few days later that they add the extra.

The earliest I've read DAS Advanced Selections being offered is 10am. Maybe I just haven't caught the right reports if earlier times are available. I expect the times offered are for "base" hours and wouldn't change with adjustments to actual park hours.

In-park DAS Return Times should be available, though.

The earliest I've read DAS Advanced Selections being offered is 10am. Maybe I just haven't caught the right reports if earlier times are available. I expect the times offered are for "base" hours and wouldn't change with adjustments to actual park hours.

We have SDD DAS for 9:30 our HS day, and PP for our MK day.

I guess we can wait until a few days after they extend the hours to chat with the team and find out. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't gonna be a waste of time.

I agree.
Park hours sometimes change multiple times in a fairly short time period. If they are increased and then pulled back, guests would have Advanced DAS Selections for times the park is no longer open.

Pretty sure I’m over-thinking this but, don’t want to mess up

thus far, after having the DAS pre-selections in place…when we modified our onsite resort, keeping the same #, our selections & ADRs held - yea!

before the new system, if I would switch over to a DS property or Swolfin, I’d would just book an entirely new reservation. Link it to MDE, then cancel the first one. The ADRs would still be intact.

confused if the DAS pre selections run with the actual resort reservation or just with MDE. I’m thinking the latter, not sure tho.

:scratchin if the DAS Pre-selections would go poof, think I’ll stop looking this go-round.
We had advanced DAS booked and then switched hotels after, about 2 weeks before arrival. Did not lose our advanced selections.

View attachment 658965
You can also find rides and book DAS using the map in MDE. If you tap the wait time for a ride on the map, a pop up for the ride appears with the name of the ride and some other details. Tap that pop up and it’ll bring you to a new screen with more details as well as a button to reserve a DAS. We probably used this method exclusively to book same day DAS selections, never used the tile or tip board.

I'm finally getting down to the little details of planning out our trip- my neices are joining us and they are short. If my son wanted his DAS for whatever ride, now somebody has to wait with the littlest, can that person use a ride swap to ride after the initial group of us rides? Or should I be planning that we leave out the adult that is going to wait with the little girl(s)?

That brings up a secondary question- on most of our days, we will have 7 ticketed people. I know there's a chance they will say no more than 6, so do we get to pick which 6 people for each ride, or do we have to swap bands around if we vary who doesn't get to ride with the group? Some days we will have up to 9 people, and some days are various subsets, so do they "connect" everyone and we have to pick which ones are there, or is it a set group for all of our park days?
Ride swap worked well for us. Used it for three rides at AK that my littlest wouldn’t ride. The rest of us were all booked on the DAS return, and I was able to wait while the DAS rider and rest of the party rode. All three times I was offered to have someone from the first group ride again when I took my turn. Pretty sure I needed to be on the return. Worst case scenario you can also cancel a specific rider’s DAS (or have a CM do it) if they’re not going to ride something.

Ride swap worked well for us. Used it for three rides at AK that my littlest wouldn’t ride. The rest of us were all booked on the DAS return, and I was able to wait while the DAS rider and rest of the party rode. All three times I was offered to have someone from the first group ride again when I took my turn. Pretty sure I needed to be on the return. Worst case scenario you can also cancel a specific rider’s DAS (or have a CM do it) if they’re not going to ride something.
Thank you- I think at some point this is going to get weird if they don't let us put an extra person on. Usually the rides that my son really needs it for are things like Nemo or Little mermaid that have a short wait regularly but the regular queue location is an issue. It's going to make for a very odd day to have most of us going through the lightning lane and the other person having to enter just a few minutes ahead and see if we can line up near enough when we get in there. 😆

Just reporting my pre registration das experience. Got on at 7 am. Put phone down for five minutes at 8am which of course happened to be the exact time the cm was trying to chat, and I missed it. Restarted in queue at 8:10 am and didn’t get through til 2:30. Done with first cm in 30 seconds. So, getting on exactly at 7 got me an 8am chat, getting on just one hour later at 8 and I had to wait over 6 hours. Moral of the story: get on at 7 and don’t ignore the chat fir even a minute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter