WDW Reservation site problem???

wintotty

Mouseketeer
We are going there from 2/7 to 2/13, I was checking availability of the hotels during that time just for fun, and almost all resort hotels come out as "unavailable for the dates selected". Does this mean the site is having some problems or all the rooms are completely booked??? That's hard to believe, since the crowd level shouldn't be that high during our stay......if somehow all the rooms are booked, we are in for a very crowded vacation...:sad1:

Anyone experiencing similar issue with the site??

The site is in the process of being changed, and nothing can be trusted on it. Just call. There are longer hold times, of course, because of this, so get comfy. :)

Yeah, plug phone in charger, put phone on speaker and grab a margarita. I kept checking site before I booked and availability seemed to appear and disappear daily. The call center should be able to tell you the real story!

Katie

Coyotesweat said:
Yeah, plug phone in charger, put phone on speaker and grab a margarita. I kept checking site before I booked and availability seemed to appear and disappear daily. The call center should be able to tell you the real story!

Katie

Admittedly, I changed my plans from Feb 3-9 to Feb 1-7, because the values were booked starting the 8th. I think the Play Stay Dine promotion persuaded some of the more well off Presidents Day guests to start their vacation earlier and get more days. My dates were available in mid Dec, but at end of Dec when I got my overtime check, they were gone. Moderate resorts seemed to fare better, but were out of my league. Do call though, cause I bet the service center is on top of any availability! (I drove my boss nuts requesting and then canceling vacation days...couldn't go any earlier because I can't get off work, too busy, and later gets into Presidents Day prices)

Good luck! If you can switch to Feb 1-7, there were still value rooms available as of today. Join us on Super Bowl Sunday to frolic in the parks!

Katie

Well, I already have a reservation at AKL, but was checking to see the booking status at AKL, and saw most of the rooms (all levels) are unavailable. So I checked other resorts and they all came back mostly unavailable. I'm just scared that means the Parks are going to be super busy, and I picked the dates specifically so that the crowd level is not bad (before the President Day weekend). If for some reason the Park will be super packed, that really sucks for us......:furious:

I don't think parks will be super busy until close to Presidents' Day, but resorts will be somewhat booked as the play stay dine encouraged some of us to stay on property instead of off. Obviously, Disney tries to fill as many rooms as possible, I would not expect to see a ton of resort availability two weeks before any date. I think I saw some figure that Disney has nearly 25000 hotel rooms. Split between 4 parks, that doesn't mean crowded, it just means if folks can afford to stay on property they will!

Have you tried adjusting the dates to less?
It's possible that there's only one night "blocking" you out, and thus only one night actually has the Disney hotels at capacity.
When I went for my honeymoon, I noticed that the hotels were booked pretty full for my entire trip, but when I adjusted the dates, I realized that the only dates that were blocked out were those over Marathon weekend. As I expected, the hotel, buses, and the parks in general were fairly empty for most of our trip excepting those few days.

Disney does a fairly good job at keeping their hotels at capacity all year round during times when the rest of Orlando is practically a ghost town, so if a crowded hotel is your concern, then you may be frustrated.

As to the glitching system. That's also a possibility. I was trying to make ADRs a little over a week ago to much frustration on my part, because it kept glitching. The next day, the system was updated to the new "My Disney Experience."

Hmmm.....maybe you two are right. I guess because of the promotion, more people are staying on property than usual. Also maybe saturday or sunday may be full and other days are not.............hope that's what that is. I don't enjoy walking around with a toddler and a baby at full capacity parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter