WDW Marathon Waivers Are (sort of) Up!

My biggest concern is being in one of last two corrals and not being able to at least run a decent time :confused: Either way, it's my fault as I did not include proof before the deadline.

Unfortunately, without a proof of time, I think it's almost certain that you will be in one of the last 2 corrals. However, that doesn't mean that you can't run a decent time. Hopefully the spreading out of corrals this year will allow for that. Just try not to make up too much time early in the race. Take advantage of when the roads are wider and use that opportunity to pass people. Take what the course gives you in the beginning and then when it opens up a little bit in the 2nd half of the race, then take advantage.

Don't let being in one of the last corrals ruin the race for you. It's Disney and it will be a magical race no matter where you start!

Thanks again - I just talked to her yesterday so I'm pretty sure she did not submit any proof of time. Based on our Bib numbers do you think your formula still holds true and we can approx calculate our placement corrals?

My biggest concern is being in one of last two corrals and not being able to at least run a decent time :confused: Either way, it's my fault as I did not include proof before the deadline.

It would be a major shift in strategy to not have the numbers align with corrals. Basically, it's a second check for the gate keepers. i.e. corral f looking for 44000 - 44755 or the letter F

So my wife and kids are in the 71000s for the 5k. how big are the Corals in the 5k? any guesses as to how far back they are going to be?

The date was only off by 1 day and it was probably my typo. I will be the same age in January regardless. FYI, I will be this same age for the rest of my life if anybody asks... :rotfl2: I am holding on to 29 forever.

I don't think it was just you. My date was off my one day as well. Fairly certain I know my birthday.

Unfortunately, without a proof of time, I think it's almost certain that you will be in one of the last 2 corrals. However, that doesn't mean that you can't run a decent time. Hopefully the spreading out of corrals this year will allow for that. Just try not to make up too much time early in the race. Take advantage of when the roads are wider and use that opportunity to pass people. Take what the course gives you in the beginning and then when it opens up a little bit in the 2nd half of the race, then take advantage.

Don't let being in one of the last corrals ruin the race for you. It's Disney and it will be a magical race no matter where you start!

True, although nothing will ruin the race for us - just curious where each of us will start :) Having said that, based on the Donald bib numbers starting at ~40,000 and with my anticipated number of 51,800 it still sounds like I should be in the middle of the pack, assuming there will be well over 20,000 poeple in the race? With the new corral placement (16 corrals), how many people will be in each?

I went to that link and typed in my last name and birthday and it keeps saying my name and birthday don't match...is anyone else having this problem?

Yes. DOB are incorrect for many people.[/QUOTE

Okay...I did type in reversing my birthday to no joy...I typed in my brothers info and nothing...

I am pretty sure I will be assigned coral P....so when I find out my bib number I will post it here and whatever that number is, is probably going to be in the caboose.

I don't think it was reversing - the reports I've read have all been off one day.

My nuimber is in the 8000's Very anxious to see what corral I am in. I will need all the cushion I can get this year

did the goofy runners last year use the same bib for the half and the full? i wonder if the dopey runners will use the same bib for the four races. have to remember to go easy on it if so, i always tear mine when i try to get the safety pins off.

i'm excited to have my bib number! i have my first 4 in a row weekend coming up so like someone said, it's good motivation!

good luck everyone! i'm sure the corral placement obsession will be at a fever pitch shortly. personally it doesn't matter where i am. i've been in A and i've been in D and no matter where i've been i've had a great time :)

good luck everyone!

Very exciting. Makes it feel real and get more more motivated for my 3, 6, 10, 20 mile runs this week.

I am Dopey #30150. A nice easy number to remember. Hopefully Corral A.

My nuimber is in the 8000's Very anxious to see what corral I am in. I will need all the cushion I can get this year

We are in the 8000's too and just like you very anxious. Hopefully we will be middle of the pack like the wonderful Coach suggests :)

via Facebook: Just spoke with Disney about my race. Very helpful and he stated the bibs and run corral numbers will be released the same day in about two weeks along with you waiver that we need to print, sign and bring. He stated the list that is floating out is not correct and peeps might be suprised if their bib numbers are diff. He stated no one has a waiver yet, bib number, or corral assignments....just an FYI.....I spoke with Matt and he was very helpful!!!

Ugh
Both registered in my husbands name AGAIN! I didn't care about not having a personalized bib for wine n dine last month, but I do for DOPEY. This is nuts. How can they screw up the registrations so bad?

35974 is my bib, but with my husbands name, gender, age.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter