WDW Marathon Waivers Are (sort of) Up!

via Facebook: Just spoke with Disney about my race. Very helpful and he stated the bibs and run corral numbers will be released the same day in about two weeks along with you waiver that we need to print, sign and bring. He stated the list that is floating out is not correct and peeps might be suprised if their bib numbers are diff. He stated no one has a waiver yet, bib number, or corral assignments....just an FYI.....I spoke with Matt and he was very helpful!!!

FWIW, they have said the same "unofficial" thing the past two years, and I have yet to see anyone's number change from the initial one.

did the goofy runners last year use the same bib for the half and the full? i wonder if the dopey runners will use the same bib for the four races. have to remember to go easy on it if so, i always tear mine when i try to get the safety pins off.

i'm excited to have my bib number! i have my first 4 in a row weekend coming up so like someone said, it's good motivation!

good luck everyone! i'm sure the corral placement obsession will be at a fever pitch shortly. personally it doesn't matter where i am. i've been in A and i've been in D and no matter where i've been i've had a great time :)

good luck everyone!

No, the 5 and 10k have one then the half and full use a second

FWIW, they have said the same "unofficial" thing the past two years, and I have yet to see anyone's number change from the initial one.

Another I heard from somebody on the net so it must be better info.

Actually for about 4 years now...

Yes they are unofficial but I agree the numbers have not changed in the four years since folks have figured out how to break the code. If folks would think just a little, the numbers (bibs) have been ordered with our names imprinted on them for a while. The first year we uncovered the code we did get in front of the rD folks putting shirt sizes on the waiver.... but the number should be ok in most cases.

Another I heard from somebody on the net so it must be better info. Actually for about 4 years now... Yes they are unofficial but I agree the numbers have not changed in the four years since folks have figured out how to break the code. If folks would think just a little, the numbers (bibs) have been ordered with our names imprinted on them for a while. The first year we uncovered the code we did get in front of the rD folks putting shirt sizes on the waiver.... but the number should be ok in most cases.

I was speaking from my own experience from the past two years. NOT saying "I read it on the internet". Sorry I haven't been running as long as you have to have more than 2 years to go by. Jeez.

Sooooo.....what would a HM bib # of 44260 equate to as far as the corral?

Okay I am bib number 34388 for the Dopey...which sounds like I will be somewhere in the middle?????

I was speaking from my own experience from the past two years. NOT saying "I read it on the internet". Sorry I haven't been running as long as you have to have more than 2 years to go by. Jeez.

I was actually agreeing with you but adding that the code has been cracked for two additional years and a poor attempt at poking at the post that said the numbers will change... Sorry, sometimes the point gets lost. I'll keep my day job and leave the comedy and references to ads to others :(

Keep in mind that the numbers from 30,000-50,000 are not all lined up in that order. the 3's are Dopeys so within that group will be runners who will end up in each corral (the lowest 3's will be at the front and the highest 3's will be at the back). Assuming the 4's and 5's represent Goofy and HM participants then the same will be true for them.

Hmmm, last year I had bib #49831 which put me in E. I submitted a time at the expo (1:07:55 10k) and got bumped up to C. I submitted the same race time for this year.

C would have been about a third back back... I am working off of an assumed 15000 half only runners and approximating where 44xxx would lie. If there are more half only runners then you would be further up.

My assumption 15000 half only + 5000 Goofy and 5000 Dopey = 25000 runners. That is about where the cap for the race would lie +/- a thousand or so...

I was actually agreeing with you but adding that the code has been cracked for two additional years and a poor attempt at poking at the post that said the numbers will change... Sorry, sometimes the point gets lost. I'll keep my day job and leave the comedy and references to ads to others :(

Thanks. Silly internet making things confusing! No hard feelings!

Well, since I had no proof of time and with a bib at 51,800 plus it sounds like I'm guaranteed to be way in the back. Therefore, watch out to those ahead of me :drive:

32630 and still plan on being in the back for all starts if allowed for the 5K and 10K.

McFlurry John

32630 and still plan on being in the back for all starts if allowed for the 5K and 10K.

McFlurry John

I am sure you can start in the rear of the 5 & 10k a lot easier than the other two. Though, your races will be a lot longer if you try for a McFlurry in those races.

Coach any idea which corral 8222 might get me? I am thinking last or 2nd last but not sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter