WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Woild this be 20,000 per park per day for Orlando?

Each park has its own ‘natural’ capacity- 20,000 at Studios or Animal Kingdom would feel a lot more crowded than 20,000 at Epcot or Magic Kingdom as their capacities are naturally so much higher- a ‘crowded day’ at MK can be in the 70,000s vs a ‘crowded day’ at Studios can be in the 30,000s

I doubt there will be an official HARD capacity number like 20,000 as many variables will play in..

There's a lot I would settle for if there were some other incentives. We would come from a long way and I just don't know. We have time to think about it thankfully. I just hope they roll out most of the plan before our refund deadline. There are a few dealbreaker scenarios.
I keep imagining a reservation system where they claim resort guests who already had reservations get first pick and then it's only Epcot available 5 days in a row lol. We were originally going to park hop and are only going 7 days so I'd want to go a little longer if we can't hit the parks we wanted but they probably won't let us modify that before letting the general public book.

Chapek hinted in an interview that they are following the Shanghai model but they are still at 20,000 people a day. Florida is allowing more than that for theme parks, correct? Does shanghai have 4 parks like Orlando? Woild this be 20,000 per park per day for Orlando?
I know your questions are rhetorical in nature as no one knows what will happen.
Good news is that Universal is reopening tomorrow for TM previews/ AP previews and then Friday for everyone, I'm sure there will be some copycat measures between the two properties, Universal is not using a reservation system so we will see if it hits any kind of self imposed capacity

Each park has its own ‘natural’ capacity- 20,000 at Studios or Animal Kingdom would feel a lot more crowded than 20,000 at Epcot or Magic Kingdom as their capacities are naturally so much higher- a ‘crowded day’ at MK can be in the 70,000s vs a ‘crowded day’ at Studios can be in the 30,000s

I doubt there will be an official HARD capacity number like 20,000 as many variables will play in..
Disney never discloses numbers, so we won't have that. Maybe a percentage.

I know your questions are rhetorical in nature as no one knows what will happen.
Good news is that Universal is reopening tomorrow for TM previews/ AP previews and then Friday for everyone, I'm sure there will be some copycat measures between the two properties, Universal is not using a reservation system so we will see if it hits any kind of self imposed capacity
I look forward to seeing how Week One goes for Universal. One thing I hope will be clear before our refund deadline is whether they will loosen capacity rules as early as August. One of the benefits to going was lower crowds especially if we won't have fast passes. I wouldn't want to be locked in and find that crowds are higher than usual for August. We know the demand will be high. For example, the parks don't seem to reach full capacity very often so 50% of guaranteed capacity is a truly scary prospect.

I look forward to seeing how Week One goes for Universal. One thing I hope will be clear before our refund deadline is whether they will loosen capacity rules as early as August. One of the benefits to going was lower crowds especially if we won't have fast passes. I wouldn't want to be locked in and find that crowds are higher than usual for August. We know the demand will be high. For example, the parks don't seem to reach full capacity very often so 50% of guaranteed capacity is a truly scary prospect.
I don't think crowds will be higher than normal in Aug. or Sept., but I think there's no doubt that lines will be longer and wait times higher (in my opinion much higher than normal for that time of year.) The 2 biggest issues are the fact that many things that usually take in crowds won't be (character meets, whatever else they choose to close, water parks, even the limit on restaurant capacity) and the extreme reduction in parl hrs. People that used to go back midday won't be, ppl that like late nights/early mornings etc are all going to be forced to be at the psrk at the same time. Add to that the necessity for social distancing/slower ride process/ride seat capacities etc. and the fact that they won't be anywhere near fully staffed; I don't see how lines and wait times won't be substantially higher than a normal trip over thesr next few months. I think walkways may be a tad better, but definitely I see frustrating wait times.

one thing that they said on dis unplugged is that % included cast members so my guess based on the search at google is you are right on this higher and lower depending on the park.

I don't think crowds will be higher than normal in Aug. or Sept., but I think there's no doubt that lines will be longer and wait times higher (in my opinion much higher than normal for that time of year.) The 2 biggest issues are the fact that many things that usually take in crowds won't be (character meets, whatever else they choose to close, water parks, even the limit on restaurant capacity) and the extreme reduction in parl hrs. People that used to go back midday won't be, ppl that like late nights/early mornings etc are all going to be forced to be at the psrk at the same time. Add to that the necessity for social distancing/slower ride process/ride seat capacities etc. and the fact that they won't be anywhere near fully staffed; I don't see how lines and wait times won't be substantially higher than a normal trip over thesr next few months. I think walkways may be a tad better, but definitely I see frustrating wait times.
I think it will be like Shanghai where you have a 30-minute window to enter in not everyone at once. I've seen a few videos on youtube it seems pretty empty since they are staggering like this. (at least in the entrance time). Another thing I noticed too as far as long waits are the popular rides there I think it was pirates of the Caribbean if you can't be in the social distant line (the markers aren't there anymore) there is a cast member at the end of the line that gives you a 30-minute fast pass window to come back.

Just a friendly request/reminder to try to keep the thread free of abundant speculation and what-if questions. There are several other threads popping up around TPAS and other corners of the DIS going down various possible what-if scenarios for those that want to chat about various angles of this (eg, there is a current thread going about possible wait times). If you have an itch to talk about something, feel free to start a thread as well.

Some of that kind of chatter is inevitable here and that's OK, but mainly just trying to stick to what we know, questions about planning based on what we know, and things of that nature.

Thanks all.

I’m confused on how the Florida resident Silver APs will work. It’s my understanding that the blackouts will remain in effect so I wouldn’t be able to go to go to the parks until the first week of August. However, since they aren’t opening until July 11, will I be refunded the payment for June and the first 10 days of July (or be able to extend my pass) even though those dates are blacked out? Any info on this yet?

I’m confused on how the Florida resident Silver APs will work. It’s my understanding that the blackouts will remain in effect so I wouldn’t be able to go to go to the parks until the first week of August. However, since they aren’t opening until July 11, will I be refunded the payment for June and the first 10 days of July (or be able to extend my pass) even though those dates are blacked out? Any info on this yet?

I have the same question. My pass renewal was 3/12, how great was that? I renewed at the end of February, who knew? We both have the same blackout dates. I would accept the 46 or 47 days from close 3/15 to our blackout date, Monday. If Disney added them to my AP beginning 8/7, our first day after blackout, that would be around 10/9 for my renewal next year. I could live with that and I think it is fair. Only the days I missed added to my AP at the time my AP is open again. Any thoughts?

no info on it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter