WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I don’t think we know yet. They’ll most likely remove some chairs and limit the amount of people allowed in the pool. I don’t think they’ll close the pools as they’re guidance on wearing masks states that masks are required except when dining or swimming.
Yeah I don't think they could close them....just wondering if they could "close" pool if it reaches some sort of capacity

Have a trip at the Poly booked for August 7 - 17. Has anyone heard anything about the pool situation? How will social distancing be enforced at the pools. Believe it or not, this is a big factor for us in August.
Us too regarding the pool. We're at the GF for 12 nights arriving 7/12 so we were planning a more leisurely trip but if the pool isn't open there's a very good chance we'll cancel.

Yeah I don't think they could close them....just wondering if they could "close" pool if it reaches some sort of capacity

They can and could before. Pools already had occupancy limits. They’ll cut down on those limits similar to parks and restaurants and won’t allow others to go in if it reaches capacity.

I don’t think we know yet. They’ll most likely remove some chairs and limit the amount of people allowed in the pool. I don’t think they’ll close the pools as they’re guidance on wearing masks states that masks are required except when dining or swimming.
I can‘t see anybody wearing masks at the pool. Even sitting in a lounge chair seems far fetched. Remember, we are SIX weeks out. Things seem to be changing for the better where covid cases are concerned. At least in Ct things are getting better daily, and we were hit hard initially!!!

As for capacity, that’s always been a rule. I don’t know how that will play out.

Last edited:
I cant see anybody wearing masks at the pool. Even sitting in a lounge chair seems far fetched. Remember, we are Six weeks out. Things seem to be changing for the better where covid cases are concerned. At least in Ct things are getting better daily, and we were hit hard initially!!!

I think that it’ll be similar to restaurants. You’ll need to wear it when walking around, but will be allowed to remove it when at your chair or in the pool. Chairs will be distanced and you won’t be allowed to move them.

Disney posted this on Thursday and it has been reported on this thread as well, some pages back. I know there's a lot of pages but if you go to page one you will see all the updates where you can read what Disney has already posted
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/All Guests ages 2 and up—along with Cast Members—are required to wear face coverings when visiting Walt Disney World Resort. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.

I have a reservation, hotel only (Fort Wilderness Cabins) in the end of August. No tickets purchased yet. I did receive the email (which specifically states "Because you have valid theme park admission, you will have access to reservations before other guests". Kinda strange as I do NOT have theme park admission. Don't know if that'll be true or if I wasn't really supposed to get the email. We will see.

The only way I can MAYBE see them thinking i have tickets.......we were in Florida unexpectedly for a conference this February and bought one day tix. My wife got sick, we couldnt go, and the tix expired. I know the $$ can be used towards another ticket in the future; but the ticket is technically expired. Who knows?

I also have a week of at the end of July which we may be able to go. Still awaiting approval from my wifes employer. I booked a hotel immediately AFTER that email through Orbitz and linked it to MDE. Curious to see if that loophole lets me in. Orbitz no longer has reservation available but many third party sites such as Undercover Tourist and Priceline still do. I'm surprised Disney hasn't squashed that yet.

Disney posted this on Thursday and it has been reported on this thread as well, some pages back. I know there's a lot of pages but if you go to page one you will see all the updates where you can read what Disney has already posted
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/All Guests ages 2 and up—along with Cast Members—are required to wear face coverings when visiting Walt Disney World Resort. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.
Swimming, and sitting in lounge chairs are two different things. I‘m interested in knowing if you literally have to be swimming to be mask free, because that can’t happen. You have to get into the pool. Therefore, you’d leave your mask at the chair to keep it sterile. IMO

Swimming, and sitting in lounge chairs are two different things. I‘m interested in knowing if you literally have to be swimming to be mask free.
yes, and no one has any additional info other than what Disney has posted on the link above.
The endless discussion of what MIGHT be done can carry on on the rumors and news thread. This is for things already reported and announced

I don’t know. Disney says one thing, and then does something else. I arrive July 11th. All my ADRs are there. Maybe they will stay because I’m in the 60 day window???? I only post to keep updates on what I see happening on my end.

I arrive 7/12, and several of mine have been canceled. Most, if not all, ADRs will be canceled, no matter how soon your vacation is. They will need to be redone to take into account park reservations, if they do ADRs at all. It might be day of.

I don’t know. Disney says one thing, and then does something else. I arrive July 11th. All my ADRs are there. Maybe they will stay because I’m in the 60 day window???? I only post to keep updates on what I see happening on my end.
Same boat here. We have July 5-17. We had the free QS Dining plan from January. Received the 35% off room portion of stay email. Hoping to move our reservation to later in July if able. Staying at POP.

Our reservations are:

Be Our Guest 8:00 AM x2 (will keep without the dining plan, but will only order Grey Stuff cupcakes)
Via Napoli
ABC Commisary (will probably keep, like their food and prices aren't too bad)
Restaurantosaurus Burgers and Sundaes (won't do without the dining plan)

But they don’t specifically mention pools. Maybe they meant swimming in the lake?

Has anyone had their dining reservation cancelled yet? Mine is still showing in the DVC page for October. Only 2 of my dining reservations are gone (Story book dining and Beaches and Cream) the other 5 are still there. I have had NO e-mails from Disney as of yet.

All dining ressie's , its called a reservation not a ressie, are going to be cancelled. Don't know why people keep posting they still have them.

Anyways I will say I love that Disney has taken the planning out of your stay now. I'm hoping it stays that way. Booking FP the day you get to the park would make things much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter