WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Limit reached was issue all day until last night then it was all the parks greyed out. Stayed up super late refreshing dates in incognito mode and all the other stuff people recommended. Was hoping it would be fixed this am. Nope! On hold with the 800 # for the third time after the first two calls dropped. Have a DVC AP and AP voucher (I suspect the voucher is the root of my issues). My DH & DD also have APs & vouchers attached to MDE so am afraid to reassign 3 at once.

Also, in retrospect, I was always getting stuck every time after I booked Epcot (which was my Day 3). Seems odd, but I figured I would put it out there.

Very Interesting point. I booked HS on my first day and Epcot on my second and have been stuck ever since. Took me forever to make those for our Sept. 2-7 trip. Now all I do is refresh and I get One or more parks are not available, so frustrating. All my friends on Disboards are incredible, I am keeping my sanity because of y'all. :earsboy:

Finally got through. Was told that I can’t modify a room only to include tickets. I would have to cancel and rebook. And I can’t do that until Wednesday. I’m room only from UT so that adds a whole other series of issues. The only other option is to wait to have tickets go back and sale and as we know — they still have no idea when that will be.
For the record: this is the fourth differing answer I’ve gotten from Disney to the same question.

They said you can add tickets to room only Wednesday? I thought they aren't selling new tickets.

They said you can add tickets to room only Wednesday? I thought they aren't selling new tickets.

My understanding is if you have a room only for 2021 tickets will start to be sold to make packages tomorrow, tickets for 2021 for everyone else will go on sale Sunday. Tickets for 2020 are going on sale 'Soon'? (Someone can correct me on this)

Yeah... again, I’ve had four answers from Disney via chat or phone on this (this being when can I, as a room-only onsite guest, get tickets so that I can reserve my park days):

1) we’d get priority as room only because it’s assumed that if we are staying onsite, we intend to go to the parks. Not true.
2) can reserve on the 28th... tbd.
3) could modify room-only to add tickets yesterday... not true.
4) can cancel and rebook as a package tomorrow by calling - also tbd.

Sigh.

Yeah... again, I’ve had four answers from Disney via chat or phone on this (this being when can I, as a room-only onsite guest, get tickets so that I can reserve my park days):

1) we’d get priority as room only because it’s assumed that if we are staying onsite, we intend to go to the parks. Not true.
2) can reserve on the 28th... tbd.
3) could modify room-only to add tickets yesterday... not true.
4) can cancel and rebook as a package tomorrow by calling - also tbd.

Sigh.
According to the Disney website, and the emails I've gotten...
  • June 22: was only for people who already had both a room reservation and tickets to reserve Park Passes
  • June 24: people with room-only reservations with arrival dates in 2021 can call and convert their reservation to a package, and then reserve Park Passes.
  • June 28: package and ticket sales for arrival dates in 2021 and Park Pass reservations for anyone with tickets open to everyone .
  • Ticket sales for 2020 won't resume until "later this summer."

According to the Disney website, and the emails I've gotten...
  • June 22: was only for people who already had both a room reservation and tickets to reserve Park Passes
  • June 24: people with room-only reservations with arrival dates in 2021 can call and convert their reservation to a package, and then reserve Park Passes.
  • June 28: package and ticket sales for arrival dates in 2021 and Park Pass reservations for anyone with tickets open to everyone .
  • Ticket sales for 2020 won't resume until "later this summer."

My question is this: Do DVC rentals count as a room only? We rented points for a BWV studio for May 2021. Can I add tickets to that tomorrow?

Anyone had any luck getting through to an IT cast member regarding the no park availability issue? I tried calling all day yesterday only to reach someone around 9:00 p.m. last night who said they had to close the phones early due to high volume and to call back this morning. I started calling at 6:00 a.m. this morning and still can't get through.

My question is this: Do DVC rentals count as a room only? We rented points for a BWV studio for May 2021. Can I add tickets to that tomorrow?
That has been debated for awhile. Early indication was the 28th, then most CM chats said the 24th, but not all. You won't know till tomorrow. Look online at 7 and get in the phone queue at 7. Keep an eye on these boards. I figure by 8 am tomorrow, we will know if it is the 24th or the 28th.

That has been debated for awhile. Early indication was the 28th, then most CM chats said the 24th, but not all. You won't know till tomorrow. Look online at 7 and get in the phone queue at 7. Keep an eye on these boards. I figure by 8 am tomorrow, we will know if it is the 24th or the 28th.

Thanks for the reply! This is our first time renting points so it’s all brand new to me! We usually book packages through Disney’s website.

I swear either I'll have already posted this or someone else will have (totally losing my mind at the moment) but if you had a party booked during you stay and have managed to book a park reservation for that day already but not others, delete that days reservation ONLY and this should apparently open up availability in other days then book your "non-party" date last as the system is having issues with some people who had a party booked originally so ensure this is the last day you try to book. Fingers crossed this one works as well as the booking backwards like it did for some people 🤞🏻

I swear either I'll have already posted this or someone else will have (totally losing my mind at the moment) but if you had a party booked during you stay and have managed to book a park reservation for that day already but not others, delete that days reservation ONLY and this should apparently open up availability in other days then book your "non-party" date last as the system is having issues with some people who had a party booked originally so ensure this is the last day you try to book. Fingers crossed this one works as well as the booking backwards like it did for some people 🤞🏻

Some people were reporting this working for them last night. However, I tried it and not only did it not work for me, I ended up losing that day's reservation and never getting it back. Now instead of four booked days I only have three (and I should have six.)

Some people were reporting this working for them last night. However, I tried it and not only did it not work for me, I ended up losing that day's reservation and never getting it back. Now instead of four booked days I only have three (and I should have six.)
Oh no - it's a horrible risk you take isn't it. I realise it's each to their own and I've seen reports of it obviously not working that's why I'd never sort of say "100% it works, cancel everything" but I really hope you manage to get your other 3 back x

Oh no - it's a horrible risk you take isn't it. I realise it's each to their own and I've seen reports of it obviously not working that's why I'd never sort of say "100% it works, cancel everything" but I really hope you manage to get your other 3 back x

Exactly, it's a huge risk to delete anything at this point! And I knew that going in, but I was desperate for anything to work. Luckily I "risked" my least desired park, haha! I have hope that eventually everything will get worked out, but it's a bit maddening at the moment.

Anyone had any luck getting through to an IT cast member regarding the no park availability issue? I tried calling all day yesterday only to reach someone around 9:00 p.m. last night who said they had to close the phones early due to high volume and to call back this morning. I started calling at 6:00 a.m. this morning and still can't get through.
I fixed my issue on my own. I actually had booked a reservation with four people months ago and needed to add one more but wasn't sure if the fifth was going to make it so I booked a separate reservation for 5 people and was going to cancel one or the other when I knew more about the 5th person's plans. Then...all went crazy and I couldn't make any changes so I had two active reservations. I was able to go in and cancel the second reservation and cancel the one day park pass that I was able to make and then I started over and got everyday of our 5 day stay in August. Apparently, multiple tickets for the same person cause the reservation system to shut you down. I'm happy now.

Anyone have the issue where none of the parks appear available but is? I can’t seem to get it no matter how much I refresh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter