Way Early I know but anyone going on Eastern May 1-8 2004?

Happy New Year from Florida! (Happy belated New Year to Conny! ;) )

A belated Happy New Year from Chicago. I would like to do Palo's also, but didn't think I would because I didn't want to go by myself either. So if there is a group going, count me in. I would be interested in either the brunch or dinner.

I don't know if we'll have the time to stop at the Guavaberry Improrium, but maybe I can just give someone the money to pick up a bottle. We are doing the Anguilla Dophin Excursion (I think).
Can I sign up for the excursions now, or do you have to wait until you're on board?

Happy New Year 2004 from Maryland to all!!!

Alice Sr. - Through all my research I read that you have to wait til 60 days before your trip to book and that you CAN book excursions online (actually I think you have an 800# or fax number to do this).. of course I could be wrong, so if I am someone will correct me.

Jason - thanks for the soda card info! I doubt I'll spend the money to do it....I may even think about bringing a 6-pack of cokes with me, just in case.. Also, I sure hope they still have those mimosa specials - YUM-MY!

-Tracey
:tongue:

Originally posted by LogansMommy_MD
Happy New Year 2004 from Maryland to all!!!

Alice Sr. - Through all my research I read that you have to wait til 60 days before your trip to book and that you CAN book excursions online (actually I think you have an 800# or fax number to do this).. of course I could be wrong, so if I am someone will correct me.

Tracey is right-on concerning the excursions. We have booked excursions online (it's actually just through e-mail) and have found that they are very prompt and expedicious in handling our requests.

Here is the contact info from the Disney Cruise Line site:

Shore Excursion Request

Three easy ways to reserve your shore excursions:

Call the Special Services Desk at (877) 566-0968†.

E-mail your shore excursion requests along with your name and reservation number to dcl.shore.excursions@disneycruise.com*

Click here to download and print a PDF of the Shore Excursion Request Form. Then fill out the form completely and fax to (407) 566-7031† .

Shore excursions can be made within 60 days prior to sailing. Some excursions have capacity limits so be sure to make your request early. Reservations are taken on a first come first served basis. You can alter your shore excursion requests anytime up to two (2) days prior to sailing. You should note that after that time, no new excursion reservations can be made and all existing shore excursion reservations are considered final and unfortunately cannot be changed or refunded. Of course if you decide not to pre-reserve shore excursions prior to your cruise, you can still stop by the ship's Shore Excursion Desk, located on Deck 3, on embarkation day, to check availability and purchase excursions. But remember, some excursions may already be full and therefore unavailable.

When your shore excursion is pre-reserved, you will receive excursion tickets delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day. Payment for confirmed excursions is conveniently billed directly to your shipboard account. We unfortunately will not be able to accept payment in advance.

*We are unable to accept attachments with email requests. Please provide the required detail from the Excursion Request Form into a text email.

† If you are not 18 years of age or older, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

Alice Sr--

We would be happy to pick up some Guavaberry for you from the Emporium if you would like.

Tracey--

I'm actually quite fond of mimosas as well! In fact, I think that's why I like Champagne Brunch so much. Well, that, and all the glorious food! :teeth:

but, I can't find it..

I'm booking ground transfers and included is a free grocery stop - so does that mean that you can literally carry grocery bags onboard, or do they have to be packed in your bags somehow? I am considering doing this is if its as easy as it sounds to stock up on some sodas, snacks.

TIA,
Tracey

:confused:

Tracey--

I wish I could help answer your question but we always drive directly from Clearwater to the port and have no experience with transfers.

I would post your question on the main Disney Cruise Line board. I have seen many threads discussing transfers over there.

Hi everyone!

Just a quick note to let you know that we've added new cruisers to the Disney Magic May 1st Cruise List at <a href="http://www.threecircles.net">ThreeCircles.net</a>!

Tracey--

I've also added the quick link to your hometown. I looked and looked and looked but couldn't find a really good site on Millersville, Maryland. I used the best one I could come up with but if you know of a better one let me know and I can change the link!

Hope everyone had a GREAT New Years Day!

Jason

Thanks Jason - actually surprised you found anything!

thanks though!!

P.S. I was waitlisted for early dining, but after thinking about it a little, I asked my TA to switch to late.. so, if want to switch our dining to Late, that would be great - thanks a bunch!!!

-Tracey

:sunny:

Originally posted by LogansMommy_MD
P.S. I was waitlisted for early dining, but after thinking about it a little, I asked my TA to switch to late.. so, if want to switch our dining to Late, that would be great - thanks a bunch!!!

Taken care of Tracey!

I know that early seating is popular but personally I like the late dining. Do you think Logan will do OK with the later dining time?

Also, I take it Millersville is not a big place? ;)

I think he might do okay! We'll see I guess!! I don't think he'll be disruptive - you know, to the other guests, so I know I won't have to worry about that.. we'll just nibble on things til dinner and then he'll probably zonk out right after!!

Actually Millersville is about 15 miles from Annapolis and 15 from Baltimore; sort of right smack in the middle, so either of those links would be fine to add too!! thanks again - website is really cool!!!!!!

-Tracey

Originally posted by ThreeCircles on September 28, 2003
We'll be with you on the May 1st Magic!

Only 215 days to go!
:teeth:

I was just going back though all of the mesages on this thread and came across my very first post. I can't believe we were at 215 days when I first posted! We really are making progress!!!

ThreeCircles,
Thanks for the info. I have not been on line for a couplke of days, seems I didn't stop celebrating the new year when I was supposed to -- in fact, I don't think I have stopped yet being off work and enjoying the family and my bartending skills aquired while working through nursing school. I make a mean bloody Mary and Mimosa -- and I am pretty good at making them disappear. Are you telling me that they actually start serving the specials at 10:00 AM? I think I am iun trouble as I have a tendency to let loose when there is not work the next day. WOW, I havn't been like this in seven years or more since I became the responsible dad. Thanks for renewing my excitement for the cruise, now I can't wait again. :crazy: :p

Well, after all that school for nursing and being a dad, I think we'll agree it's time for a little celebration! :) We will all support you and join in! :p

What a week it has been in the world of cruise planning - I bought my airline tickets, reserved my hotel room for the before the cruise and the night we return, reserved my rental car both ways and found a jacket to complete my formal night attire.

We still have 119 days until we go, what am I going to do to keep me occupied. What is everyone else doing to prepare?

Also forgot that I'm still tormenting my DD's - they think we are driving the 16-18 hours to get to the cruise - they don't know we are now flying instead :-)

Anyone else arriving the night before the cruise? Where are you staying? We'll be at the HIFS in Orlando, hoping to do a day at the park on Friday!

Tammy
princess:

Hello everybody

Whoa,I was just gone for 3 days and whoops 3 more pages to read.I guess everybody is getting more excited by the day.

hey gooyguy-I know exactly what you mean,but my golden rule on vacation is no drinks before 11 a.m.I think,this cruise will be very dangerous for me too.But anyway,count me in for the drinks.Our cabin will be on deck 7,so it´s not a long way for a quick nap to recover.

I thought,I had everything allready planned,but Just found out that I forgot the most important thing- my ID expired in 2003.So,now I have to hurry,get new pictures and go to Town Hall verry soon,It will take about 8-10 weeks to get a new one and we are leaving on April,22.Can you believe this waiting period AND you have to pay 30,-€ on top.Great service!!!!

Jason and Travis-I now know my cabinnumber,it´s 7014.Could you please change it on your website?Thanks a lot.

Lots of greetings from Germany
Conny

:wave: :Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc :wave:

I've kinda finished all my booking/planning. I actually didn't make my final decision to go on this cruise til about two weeks ago if that, so the agony of the long wait hasn't been quite as bad for me, but I can imagine these next few months will hurt!! lol.

Tammy - DS and I are flying in the Friday before, but we don't get in until 5:30ish or so. We're staying at La Quinta Orlando (not the nasty one you hear so many things about) for $30; tried the Hyatt for $30 on priceline, but they just wouldn't take it, can you believe it??LOL.. anyway, our flight out the following sat. is not until 5:30, so I'm going to book a day room at the Hyatt like its been suggested. I can imagine my DS will be POOPED as I'm sure I will too, so we will just take that day to rest, swim, whatever.
And booking that day room is the only thing I haven't managed to do yet; done everything else. Now, just a matter of waiting.

Good thing you remembered your ID, Conny, that would not have been fun I'm sure - good luck in getting it all taken care of!

Have a great week everybody!

Tracey

Conny - Good thing you realized your id expired. Sounds like a long process to get a new one. What are your plans for the days before the cruise?

Tracey - I noticed your from MD - what airport are you flying out of? We went back and forth between BWI and PHL, and finally found the lowest rates out of PHL. We live right outside of Hershey so the drive is about the same either way.

Is your son excited about the cruise? My youngest DD is also 5 and she can't stop talking about it. She keeps asking if it time to pack. She has her Cinderella suitcase next to her bed and has her formal dress packed inside. We made a chain to countdown the days, but it is sooo long.

The day room at the Hyatt sounds like a great idea. We are staying over Saturday night and plan to lounge by the pool Saturday afternoon, visist Downtown Disney, then head to the Polynesian for dinner at O'hanas and to watch the MK fireworks.

Take care,
Tammy
princess:

Tammy - We are flying out of BWI via Airtran - I wanted a nonstop and they were the only ones offering it, and besides, its pretty inexpensive!!! Yeah, definetly finding the cheapest is a deciding factor with me too! Near Hershey, huh? I imagine you've seen Hershey Park a time or two? Love that place.. plan to take my DS maybe this year..

Yes, he is getting excited. I don't think he comprehends the idea of "cruising", ya know, on a ship, but I've been showing him pictures and we looked at the 360 degree pics from the disneycruise website and I think he's getting excited, but I must say, I'm more excited than he is right now! lol.. That is so cool that your DD is sooo excited!! i bet that just helps keep the enthusiasm going in your house!!!

I had contemplated staying over Sat. night, but I figure DS would be exhausted and I needed/wanted that next day (Sun) to get unpacked, laundry done, etc. before back to school/work.. It will be hard to leave I'm sure, but back to reality!!

Are most of ya'll doing the DCL transport or a private car? I decided on FLTours; wanted the relaxation and comfort and unhurriedness of a private car... Seemed to have a pretty good deal ($10 off, free grocery stop and free booster seat).

Later,
Tracey

Hi dthogue.

Yesw,our authoritys are sooo quick,but what can you do.They need their beautysleep!!!
My sister and I are flying in to Orlando on April,22.,get a car from Avis and spend 1 night at a Best Western at the Airport,just to have an early start the next morning.We have than a reservation for 3 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge with a sunrise safari(can´t wait).After that we´ll switched resorts to the Caribean Beach Resort for 5 nights.One other highlight of our trip will be the Dolphin in depht program at Epcot´s Living seas.
We are planning on an early start on saturday to drive to Port canaveral,return the rental car at Avis and be at the Terminal by 10.30.
So,I guess I see you there.
Lots of greetings from Germany
Conny
PS: our countdown is down to 108 days.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!