• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Way Early I know but anyone going on Eastern May 1-8 2004?

Just wanted to mentin that for me it´s only 120 days as of today.
I NEED this vacation.
Conny:sunny:

Hi all!

Well, myself (mid-30) and my DS-5 will be on the Magic on 5/1! Can't wait! His first cruise, my 4th, but our first cruise on Disney!

Tons of great information on these boards helped to make my mind up about going the Disney-route!!

-Tracey
:p

Hello and welcome LogansMommy_MD!

Great to hear that you'll be joining us on the cruise! We're hoping to get a Dis Meet together at some point. Probably on the first day.

You can post your information on <a href="http://www.threecircles.net">ThreeCircles.net</a> if you would like.

Talk to you soon!

Jason

Happy New Year Conny! And everyone else as well!

Just wanted everyone to know that new cruisers have been added to the Disney Magic May 1st Cruise List site at <a href="http://www.threecircles.net">ThreeCircles.net</a>. I've also added a cruise matrix (see front page of site) in order to help everyone plan out their cruise.

Don't forget, if you would like to add your information to the site, just send me an e-mail and I'll post it. You can also add pictures so that we'll be able to recognize each other once we get onboard the Magic! If you don't have a scanned picture and would like to send me one via regular mail, I can scan it and post it to the site for you. I'll just return the picture when we meet on the Magic.

Hope everyone is well and talk to you all soon! Just TWO more days until our sailing year!!! :teeth:

Thanks Tracey!

I put together a site similar to the May 1st one for a cruise last August. It helped people get to know one another prior to actually meeting each other in person. I hope the May 1st, and this thread, does the same.

If you (or any of our fellow May 1st cruisers) have any suggestions for things to add to the site, please e-mail me. I want it to be a group effort! :)

Do you have any set plans for the cruise? Any excursions you're going to book? Dinner at Palo? Gosh, with this being your first Disney cruise you've got a lot of ground to cover! :) We're glad you found the Dis Board!

Talk to you soon,
Jason

HI Jason,

No, not really anything set yet; I've just only completed my cruise booking and need to take care of all the other things now (air, transfers, hotel) which I've decided to do on my own (cheaper!).
Checking out the excursions that are available and trying to figure out what me and DS would be interested in doing. I'm not determined to do a ton of stuff on all the islands, just something here and there to say we did it.
And to be honest, I doubt I'm doing the Palo's thing, only because I'm not interested in eating in a fancy spot by my lonesome.. and thats ok with me.. I'm just anxious to be on vacation!

I have found SOOO much information on this board that has been soooo helpful!!

Any advice or suggestions on what TO DO or NOT TO MISS?

-Tracey

You sound a lot like Travis and myself. We don't really plan too much in advance of our cruise and just kinda do the spur-of-the-moment deal. That's one of the best things about cruising I think. You can do as little or as much as you want!

Hmmm... Things not to miss. We'll, all of the shows are quite good in y opinion. But, Disney Dreams is outstanding and that's one you really will want to see. From what I hear, Golden Mickeys (new to DCL this year) is outstanding as well.

Palo is quite the experience as well. Especially Champagne Brunch. You're more than welcome to join Travis and myself at Palo for Champagne Brunch, dinner, or both! We would love the company!

Studio Sea always has a lot of fun activities for the family too. Usually game show or challenge show activities that all ages will find fun. The more adult-oriented stuff is scheduled later in the evening in Beat Street.

I'm not too sure what we'll do on the islands this time around. Travis want to snorkel somewhere so we'll probably hit the beaches somewhere. Other than that, about the only must-do for us is to stop by the Guavaberry Emporium on St. Maarten and buy some Guavaberry Liquor.

Hi guys,
the site looks great,I allready used all the links for the islands.Very helpful.
Just a quick question-when you rented a car at St.Maarten,did the rental car company provide you with a street map or did you buy one elsewhere.
And WHAT is guavaberry liquor,sounds tasty.
By the way,Slke and I will definitly do a Palo champagne brunch,maybe we´ll form a whole group for that.

Lots of new year greetings from Germany
Conny:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

what is guavaberry liquor? sounds awfully fruity!!

And Jason, thanks for the tips and the invite - if Palo's is as cool as you say, i may have to take you up on it! and Conny has a thought - maybe we can do a group Brunch.. I think I'd be more inclined to do a brunch than a dinner..

Hope everyone has a happy & healthy New Years!

-Tracey

Oh my! You guys are in for a scrumptious treat! Guavaberry Liqueur is made from a fruit that only grows a few places in the world. St. Martin being one of them. It's got this most wonderful taste to it! So yummy!!!

On Front Street, close to where the tenders from the Magic will dock, they have a Guavaberry Emporium where you can sample their liqueurs, rums, and other products. We stopped in on our last cruise and sampled the Guavaberry Colada! Oh my gosh, it's like liquid heaven! We purchased a bottle of the original Guavaberry Liqueur but have since run out. Now we need more!

Check out the <a href="http://www.guavaberry.com/">Guavaberry Emporium</a> web site for more info. You can actually buy their products online but with shipping it become quite expensive. The bottles at the shop run only about $13. I can't wait! :hyper:

colada.jpg

Originally posted by conny264
Just a quick question-when you rented a car at St.Maarten,did the rental car company provide you with a street map or did you buy one elsewhere.

Conny--

The company that we rented a car from did not provide any maps. I'm not even sure if they sold them or not as I didn't see any. We actually picked up a free tourism magazine from a stand that is right near the dock. The magazine had several maps right inside. The roadways on the island are not too difficult to navigate. In reality, the main roads are nothing more than a big loop around the whole island.

Speaking of which, what is the policy onboard about buying alcohol? can you actually buy alcolhol, bring it onboard and drink it for the rest of the cruise? or do they stash it until end of the trip?

May have to put $13 aside to try that!

-Tracey
:wave:

Disney Cruise Line has one of the least restrictive policies on bring alcohol onboard. You can actually bring any unopened drinks onboard that you would like, even from Port Canaveral. Travis and I usually bring 6-8 cans of Coca-Cola to keep in our stateroom fridge so we can have something to drink without having to venture out of the stateroom.

Many people bring aboard beer, wine, or other alcohol from Port Canaveral. Others buy it at various ports and bring it onboard.

The only alcohol that Disney holds until the end of the cruise is anything that is purchased onboard the ship from their duty free shop, Up Beat. Those purchases are held until the last night of the cruise and are then delivered to your stateroom.

The drink prices onboard aren't too bad. Mixed drinks usually rin from $2.99 to $7.00 or so. Wine can run anywhere from $4 per glass to $300.00 per bottle with most prices somewhere in-between. They also run daily specials on drinks.

I'm not a big drinker, but am considering bringing a bottle of wine in my carry-on so I can have a "nightcap" after my son goes to sleep!!

I also imagine I'll be trying the Drink of the Day on occasion!! Not one to pass up a tropical fruity drink!

What about the soda card? think its worth it? I know I could drink 2-3 sodas a day and my DS, well, I try not to let him drink soda... (I know, i'm a mean ma!)...

-Tracey

Asm I sit here having one of my favorite adult beverages -- Yuengling Lager -- you have peaked my interest with by mentioning the drink specials. Three Circles, tell me more about these drink specials. I can't wait to try each new drink, it is kind of like an Olympic vacation event for me to try any drink spec ial I have yet to experience -- in moderation of course.;) ;)

I just read my last post and it kind of looks like I have already been trying all the drink specials (I only had one beer, I promise). Sorry for all the typos.

Happy New Year's fellow crusiers - looks like our little group is growing. Welcome to our new cruisers. We are going to have a great time.

The Guavaberry Emporium has just been added to "must do" list, thanks for the heads up.

My DH and I are also planning on the Palo Champagne Brunch and would love to go with a group.

I hope everyone has a terrific New Year's and look forward to talking to you again in 2004.:wave2:

Tammy
princess:

Wow. Looks like a lot of us are counting down the minutes to 2004 while visiting the Dis Boards! I guess that's appropriate; after all, our Year to Cruise is only about an hour and forty-five minutes away!!! :hyper:

Tracey--

The drink card can be worth the money if you drink a lot of Coke. I'm usually a big Coca-Cola drinker at home, usually 3-4 a day like you, but when I'm on the ship I tend to become occupied with other types of beverages! :p Not that I'm a big drinker either. Anyway, soft drinks are free at meals, of course, but otherwise they run about $2.00. This might help you decide if the soda program would be worth it to you. I purchased it on one cruise and used the complementary AAA soda mugs on another.

Goofyguy1958--

Hmmm... How many drinks have you had this New Years Eve? ;) The drink specials vary from day to day. They usually include a "Drink of the Day" that varies with each day. Usually these are $3.50 and include such favorites as Cool Breeze, Bahama Mama, Tequila Sunrise, etc. Then they also run different specials at certain times of the day and at certain locations. For example, one of my old Navigators says Bloody Marys & Mimosas are $2.99 from 10 am - 12 pm in the Promenade Lounge. They also run two-for specials on specific days. All in all, I think we'll be quite busy keeping up! :crazy:

Tammy--

Glad to see you'll be checking out the Guavaberry Emporium. It's actually a cool little shop with lots of merchandise. They sell their own brand of hot sauces, salsa, marinades, and, of course, beverages. They also sell lots of souvenirs like t-shirts, etc.

Hope everyone is enjoying NYE. Talk to you all soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter