Way Early I know but anyone going on Eastern May 1-8 2004?

Hi COnny,

Sounds like you quite a trip planned. The AKL looks amazing. The Caribbean Beach is my all time favorite WDW hotel. We stayed in Jamaica and loved the location. My girls would be jealous of the Dolphin program. They are pleading their case to go on the Anguilla Dolphin excursion in St. Maarten, but for the price for 5 of us, I don't think we'll be doing it.

Tracey -

We are also flying Airtran, a first for us. I liked the non-stop flight and I got tired of waiting for Southwest to open their schedule. Hersheypark is one of our summer hang outs. Although everytime we go, we end up complaining how its not Disney :-)

Tammy

All this talk about WDW has me wanting to plan a trip there maybe next year! I went years (and years and years) ago, but want to take my son eventually and I think next year may be the year.
Yes Conny - your trip sounds fabulous!!!! I am sure you two will have a BLAST!

Tammy - I've flown Airtran several times and I like it. Never have I had a delayed flight or any kind of mishap like lost luggage - knock on wood. I get very apprehensive when flying with my son if we have to make stops; it seems much too hurried for either of our likings and he's at that age where he doesn't wanna be pushed around in a stroller so we usually have to beat-feet to the gate, etc.. Too much hassle..lol...

So, everybody's bookings/plans all made? This is the worst part, hurry up and WAIT!! lol... counting down...

-Tracey

Ooh Conny - You are going to love Animal Kingdom, especially the concierge and Sunrise Safari! Big bucks but definitely worth it. We stayed last August after staying 5 nights in a 2 bedroom at Beach Club. I was worried going from a 2 bdrm to a regular room would put a damper on the experience, but it didn't. It is our all time favorite hotel. We never even left the hotel the 3 days we were there:) Just to give you a heads up - we had reservations for dinner every night we were there and never kept one of them, we were always too full. I'm soooo jealous:)

Hi Tammy - are you near Indian Town Gap?

I'm so glad we have this thread going. Between this thread and Jason's website it's adding another dimension to the trip.

Alice

Alice-we saw the Lodge being built when we did the backstage safari in November 2000 and made a promise to ourselves,if we ever come back,we have to stay there.Well,2 years of no vacation and money saving and here we go.

Tammy-I´m going to report on the dolphin program to your girls.You are right,the dolphin exursion at the cruise is very pricey.the epcot Dolphin tour is our christmas present from my parents and I found a 15% discount coupon in the 2004 Birnbaumguide.That helped,also the weak dollar against the Euro is really nice.

Lots of greetings from Germany
conny:wave: :Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc :wave:

Greetings All -

Tracey - Glad to hear the positive comments on Airtran. I was a bit hesitant, but after reading the good comments on the DIS boards, I decided to give them a try. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good experience.

Alice - Yes we live close to Indiantown Gap - are you familiar with the area? Did Megan ever receive Kristen's email? Has she changed her mind about the cruise?

Conny - My girls would love to hear about the dolphin program. Shhh, don't tell them, but we are planning on doing Discovery Cove at Sea World as their Christmas present in 2004. That way I can still do the Golden Eagle Catamaran excursion while in St. Marten.

Take care everyone!!

Tammy
princess:

Hi Tammy - My father was stationed there before he left for Europe in WWII. A couple of years ago they had their WWII Army reunion there, in fact he flew out of PA on Sept. 10th. We were so thankful he made it out before "9/11" grounded all flights for that week. We have some very cool, old pictures taken there with my father and his Army buddies, and there is a book published about his infantry at Indiantown Gap. He had a fabulous time there, they treated the "old guys" like royalty.

Yes, Megan did receive her e-mail. She just asked me again to unblock the Hotmail domain so she can receive the incoming e-mail when she writes her. (my bad) I'll do it now before I forget again. She is coming, she just doesn't want to talk about it:rolleyes: the goofy chic that she is. I guess for her it's like a dentist appt. you try not to think about it until you have to.

I hope you all are warmer than we are today - 19 degrees and overcast:(

I guess I'll just have to think :sunny: thoughts

Alice

Hi Everyone.

Thought I'd bump our thread up - We have started our countdown to the double digit dance. Time is flying by.

Alice - sorry to hear that Megan doesn't want to talk about the cruise. If in the future she wants to talk to Kristen please have her email. My girls are so excited - it seems like all they talk about.

What's everyone else doing to pass the time?

Take care,
Tammy
princess:

Yep, pretty soon it'll be cruisin time!

I'm just trying to figure out which excursions my son and I will be prebooking come the 60-day mark! I think we're leaning towards either the Butterfly farm tour or the Semi-sub tour in St. Martin and MAYBE the boat ride to St. John at St. Thomas. I've been to St. Thomas twice before, so getting off the boat at St. Thomas is really no biggie to me. But, I have never been to St. John. I think on Castaway Cay, we'll probably just rent some floats and be lazy....

On one hand it seems eons away, but then again, I know it will be here before we know it!!

-Tracey

:wave2:

Hi all!

I made some minor updates to the Disney Magic May 1st Cruise List at <a href="http://www.threecircles.net">ThreeCircles.net</a>. I think I have the correct dining time down for you now Tracey. I think I told you I had corrected it when I actually hadn't! :eek:

I also added your cabin number Conny! Sorry it took so long!

As for passing the time, that's one good thing about school, it really makes the time fly! Before I know it we'll all be lounging on Deck 10 of the Disney Magic sipping Pina Coladas, soaking up the tropical sun, and listening to Bob Marley songs drifting softly on the Caribbean winds! :teeth:

The waiting is KILLING US! I guess that's why hubby and I planned a small weekend trip to Vegas and the Tom Jones concert so we can have something closer to look forward to.

I think at one of the stops we are going to go on the schooner boat to snorkel and other than that we are just going to walk around and hang out shopping and on the boat.

We are ALMOST into the double digits from the triple so that is awesome!!

heidi

Thanks Jason! Oh, and I also know our cabin number - its 2092 - but take your time getting it up there on the website - no hurry!!

And that thought of the pina colada, Bob Marley and the tropics may possibly be enough to get me through these next few months!!

Heidi - what a great weekend trip - I'm sure you'll have a blast! Sounds like fun.. Vegas is soooo awesome!!

-Tracey

P.S. Have any of you purchased the Passporter's Guide to disney cruise (I think thats what its called!).. I just got it last week and what a GREAT book with TONS of cool information!!!

Yes ,yes -we finally reached the double digits today.

I looked at our reservation doc.and couldn´t believe that we started our countdown at 407 days.I tought,we would never reach this point.,,but thank God we made it.

Tracey-the passporter cruise guide is really great,you will find yourself reading in it again and again.Trust me.

Conny:Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc

I have been looking for the Passporter Cruise Guide but haven't been able to find it. I thought maybe they were out of them because the new one is supposed to come out in March I think. I'll call Border's and ask them to order it.

St. Maarten - I think we are going to do the Dolphin Encounter on Anguilla, if not we are going to take a ferry over there anyway.

St. Thomas - We are doing a daysail to St. John to snorkel and fish, eat, drink and relax.

Does anyone have plans for the Spa? If so, what treatment are you looking at?

Hi Heidi - I love Utah, it's one of my all time favorite places. I used to live in Provo. Had season passes to Sundance - life was good.

Won't be long and we will all be doing the double digit dance with Conny.

Hi All,

It is soo cold here today and they're calling for snow tonight - I want to go somewhere warm :-)

I bought the Passporter cruise book and also think it is great. I read it over and over, looking for more tips to make this a great trip.

We are planning on doing the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St. Marten, then doing Coral World and Coki Beach on St. Thomas = has anyone been to Coral World? Looking for tips on the best way to get there and plan the day.

Count me in on the Pina Coladas, my favorite drink :-)

Take Care,
Tammy
princess:

I got my Passporter book through Overstock. It was only like $9 I THINK! I had also heard that a new one was coming out, but I didn't think I could wait!! lol...And yes, I've been reading it ALOT - I finished the book, but last night began going back over, looking for tips like Tammy said!

Alice Sr- I am considering a spa treatment, but unsure what to do as well. I was considering the spa tester, as I've NEVER had a massage before (I know, can you believe it?), and the idea of a facial sounds great too... So, thats probably what I'll do. I'm also leaning towards checking out the Rainforest; I've heard great things about that spot too!!

-Tracey

Alice you should know all about the LOVELY (NOT) Utah inversions we have and boy do we have a whopper of one right now. Highs arent getting out of the teens the whole day, the air is so crummy that they have cancelled recess at my kids school indefinitely because the particulate matter in the air is so high and people are flocking to emergency rooms and doctors at an alarmingly high rate due to the fact that their hearts and lungs are being constricted. I'd bet you certainly DONT miss that about Utah! The lovely inversion is what made us decide to go to Vegas for a weekend. The air is gunky, breathing hard and it is humid and cold as he**!

I am SO looking forward to getting to the warmth of the Caribbean and we are SO close to being in double digits! Hubby and I plan on getting massages on the ship and also on Castaway Cay since they are probably our favorite thing to do on a cruise (besides eat and play with the kids) but they are SO relaxing.

I need a serious Pina Colada about right now with warmth, sunshine and clean air! :)

Heidi

Hi all

I seriously considering to spoil yself with the Absolute Face and Body Treatment,I love massages.

my sister and will not go on any organised shore excursions.On St.Maarten we will rent a car and explore on our own and on St.Thomaswe would like to go to the Paradise Point and do a little shopping.

Conny:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We're all doing the double digit dance! I can't believe in a little over three months we'll all be sailing - it still seems like a dream.

Take care,
Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!