Way Early I know but anyone going on Eastern May 1-8 2004?

Oh yes,I know exactly what you´re talking about.
I NEED my vacation.

Greetings from Germany
conny:sunny:

It does seem far away. However, the time seems to be moving fast! :hyper:

Do any of you have any ideas on what excursions you'll be booking?

I am not sure we are going to be doing any excursions. With ALL the kids I think we are going to take it easy and relax most of the time.

Lisa--

I just noticed your countdown clock for "OKW." Is that the Old Key West Disney Resort?

The weeks have seemed to fly by lately, but then you look at the calendar and see 6 months! I NEED my vacation too. I've been getting more excited about it lately.

I know I want to do some snorkeling again...::yes::

Travis

Anyone have any ideas as to what excursions they may end up (or want) to do?

The Eastern seems to have a lot of great ones. Guess we still have a little bit of time to decide though! :crazy:

Hello everyone.

Good question,this is bothering me for the last 11 montrh,since we booked our cruise.I´m reading the passporter guide back and forth and so far our plans are:St.Maarten-rent a car and take off on our own to the Butterfly Farm,a beach(Orient maybe) and Marigot;St.Thomas:Take the Paradise Point tramway and some strolling around Charlotte Amalie and Havensight Mall.
The only thing that still worrys me a little is the car rental in Philipsburg,specially after what you told me on a previous post.
I will probably go to guest relations on the ship and see,if they can help or grill you guys with more questions,when we are on board.
Anyway,my sister and I are no big fans of organised tours(we are the adventures typ),so I´m sure we will come up with something nice.
I believe there is also a beach in Philipsburg.Does anybody know,how nice or crowded this one is?
Lots of greetings from Germany
conny:sunny: :wave2: :Pinkbounc

Conny--

Sounds good ladies! :)

I hope I didn't deter you from renting a car in St. Maarten! Perhaps our experience was an isolated one and that type of thing is not that common. I would hope so!

Anyway, there were many different car rental offices right near the dock. I can only relate our experience with the one, but the others may (or may not) be more reputable. Pehaps you can scout out some more experiences from others on the Dis board.

I don't think that Travis and I will end up renting a car this time. We may just take advantage of the taxis and head out that way. It is nice having your own transportation while on the island but we hope to explore more of the Dutch side this time. We spent several hours on the French side in May.

I know that Travis wants to snorkel and the water looked beautiful on the island. There is also a hiking excursion through Disney that looks kinda cool. So many choices and so little time!!!

Don´t worry,we will rent a car but decide on which company,when we get there.We definitly want to go to the french part of the island,but snorkel too.
Yes,there are to many choices and not enough time.

See you in May
Conny:Pinkbounc

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would bump this up and see how everyone is doing. Can you beleive it, 152 days til our cruise - boy time is flying.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday.

Are there any new cruisers out there that will be joining us? My olderst DD's (14 and 11) are looking to make some friends prior to the cruise. Please email us so we can introduce ourselves.

Tammy

Tammy--

Count us in as being excited as well!!! ::yes::

We keep slugging through the days by thinking about our upcoming trip on the Magic! Can't wait.

As for the holiday, we spent it with Disney. After spending last Thanksgiving on the Magic, we wanted to continue the tradition. We drove up for the day and had dinner at the Brown Derby at Disney-MGM. Outstanding food and a fun atmosphere too.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Hello everone.
just wanted to mention that my personal countdown is down to 140 days,since we are flying to Orlando April,22.To keep me up in the mood,I called WDW-Tour yesterday and booked the Dolphin in depth progam in Epcot for my sister and me.I had a very nice Lady on the Phone,who tried her best to cope with our impossible german name and adress.It took us 20 minutes but we made it.
After Hotels(AKL +CBR),Cruise,flights and the 2 extras(dolphin tour and sunrise safari) are all taken care off,only rental car arrangments are on the to do list.

What really gets me cheering is,that our trip becomes a little cheaper every day,thanks to the Euro and Dollar exchange rate.Hopfully it stays that way till May.After that I don´t care .

One other thing to those experienced Cruisers:is it true,that we may use our Euros in St.Maarten,since it belongs to france and the netherlands?

So,bye for now and lo´s of greetings from Germany
Conny264

Hello Conny!

From what I remember, the Euro and the dollar are accepted everywhere on St. Maarten.

We'll be joining you, yeah!! I just booked a couple of weeks ago, we'll be in 5128. So far it's just me (Alice-46) and my DD, Lindsey-16. She may bring a friend or my youngest DD Megan-13 might change her mind and decide to come. This is our 1st cruise and of course we are very excited; and it's great to have other DISer's going the same time.

dthogue - Maybe your DD's can talk Megan into going.

Conny264 - We had an exchange student from Germany 2 years ago but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the town. It's near Frankfort, it's where the Christkind Market is.

ThreeCircles - I'll get our info to you sometime in the near future. Thanks for setting this up.

Alice

Hi Alice.

Welcome to our cruise.I can´t believe your daughter needs time to think about going on a cruise.If someone would make me the offer,my only reply would be:How fast do i need to pack?
Maybe she reconsiders her opinion.
Well,Christmas markets are all over Germany,we have a nice one ,too.My guess would be Rothenburg or Nürnberg.They are in the south and have famous Christmas markets.
Lets figure it out onboard.
See you then and lots of greetings

conny:Pinkbounc :sunny: :Pinkbounc :wave:

Hi Alice,

Glad to hear you'll be on our cruise. I can't believe your daughter doesn't want to go. My girls are so excited.

Send me a email and I can have DD's email back to Megan. My oldest DD just turned 14 and is in 8th grade. She loves playing soccer and cheerleading. Her name is Kristen and loves to correspond via email - she would also love to get to know someone before we cruise :-) Hopefully you can convince her to come along.

Take care,

Tammy
princess:

Just wanted to take a short moment to wish everybody a verry merry christmas and a happy new year.

See you all in May and lots of greetings from Germany

conny:goodvibes :jumping1: :grouphug: :boat:

Glad to see this thread active again! I thought it had fallen off the list for good! :eek:

Only 129 days, 14 hours, 34 minutes, and 20 seconds left!!!

:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter