Way Early I know but anyone going on Eastern May 1-8 2004?

Hey Everyone - our thread was almost to page 3 - thought I'd bump it up and see what everyone is doing.

My girls finally got back to school after 2 days off and one day with a delay. It is so cold here, I can't wait for spring. I am sick of snow.

I just looked at our countdown and we only have 91 days til we leave for Florida. We are planning on arriving Friday and that night my girls have deceided we should have dinner at Chef Mickey's. This is our usual 1st night at WDW dinner spot. I can call on Saturday for our reservations.

What is everyone else up too?

Take care,
Tammy
princess:

Hi all - and thanks to Tammy for the bump!!

We've been recovering from the cold and snow here in MD too - we're delayed today AGAIN and its just been one of those wierd weeks - but glad its over!!

I've just been doing a little more research and making sure all my T's are crossed, so to speak, with all my reservations. Found a really cool Soft-sided cooler that holds 24 cans at Target last night for $6.33 !! Woohoo... (I get excited over the littlest things!)

Just anxiously counting down the days! My DS got a postcard from "Mickey" last week and boy was he excited!!

Take care,
Tracey

15 below here this morning, wind chill -25. We are arriving on Friday also, we are thinking about DTD, AKL, or maybe we will just drive straight to the coast. Guess we still have some time to decide. This is the 1st year since '98 that we haven't gone to WDW, I think I'm going through withdrawal.

You all stay warm and healthy, see you when it's :sunny:

Alice

Hi All,
I have just recently come back to the DIS boards (it was a long rough summer & Fall, we lost our beautiful little Princess Lauren 7 yrs. old to Leukemia:( )
So we are healing and just need to get away, Spent Christmas at WDW with the whole family, now DH and I just need to have some alone time.
I see from here there are several who will be going on the Magic, that's great! I would love to get to know you. I already e-mailed Jason to get on his special site and a Great site it is:cool1:
With our cold cold winter we sure are getting anxious to get to some warm tropical sun! See you there:wave2:

Bobbidiboo - I am so so sorry to hear about your loss!
I have read several of your posts on this site, and my heart just sank when I read about Lauren..

But glad that you're here!! This is a fun thread and hopefully we'll all get to know each other in the next 3 months before our trip!!

And yep - Jason's site is awesome, isn't it??

-Tracey
:sunny:

Brenda--

I too am very sorry to hear about Lauren and I am so glad that you and Bob will be able to take some time with one another this May.

I have updated <a href="http://www.threecircles.net">ThreeCircles.net</a> and have added your information to the list. Thanks so much for sending it in and becoming part of the group. It's a great picture! (And thanks for the nice words about the site as well!)

WOW,:eek:

I have been going through all the post from page one to get to know everyone:crazy: and I get back to page 9 and there are a couple replys:Pinkbounc . Tracy thanks for your kind words, it has now been 4 months and I know she is a beautiful Princess Angel who is pain free and at peace.
Jason you are really, really good I just e-mailed you and there is all my info on your site already. Hey congrats on finishing college, my son who is 26 just finished last fall, so I know how you must be feeling.:jumping1: What was your major? My son is now an electrical engineer and I must say very proud of him.

Sounds like several are interested in a Palo brunch count us in too!

The one thing I am looking forward to is the Dolphin encounter, so I am hoping to get in on it. Jason I read on one of your post that there is a place to download the form to fax in?

It looks like most of you are having the late seating? We have the early, I guess I'm so used to that time for eating because I run a Home Daycare and teach pre school so it is always early to bed early to rise!! But who needs to watch the time onboard right?
Oh my gosh look it me ramble on can you tell I have not been in touch for awhile
Brenda

Thanks for the congrats on finishing school Brenda! I don't think I could have taken much more! :) I just have to keep telling myself, only 2.5 more months. Only 2.5 more months… 2.5 more months…

My major is Clinical Social Work (M.S.W.) and I'm completing my internship at Moffitt Cancer Center here in Tampa. It's actually been a wonderful experience and one that has provided me with unparalleled learning opportunities.

Now, if I could only figure out a way to earn the salary of an electrical engineer! ;)

According to the Disney Cruise Line site, shore excursions can be reserved via e-mail (dcl.shore.excursions@disneycruise.com), phone ((877) 566-0968), or fax ( <a href="http://apsc.disney.go.com/dcl/media/GenericShoreExOrderForm.pdf">Excursion Form</a> ). Travis and I have reserved reservations through the e-mail option and DCL has always been very prompt in communicating with us. Hope this helps!

Hello everyone.

After a period of totally hectic and nonstop work I found some time to check the boards again.

Bobbidiboo-I lost two friends last year from cancer and I can only imagine losing a child.My deepest sympathy and wishes to you from the bottom of my heart.It is a good thing that you take your time and do something enjoyable.I´m sure your little angel is watching and smiling.

My sister and I are really looking forward meeting all of you and hopfully we managew to get a nice champagne brunch at palo organised.Just say when and we´ll be there.
It´s interesting to read how cold it is in the States.Over here we had just 1 day of snow,everybody panicked and now its back to almost springlike temperatures.Today we have 12° Celsius.i don´t know what this is in Fahrenheit but definitly to warm for february.The first little spring flowers are allready blooming in our front yard.

Lots of greetings from Germany and only 78 days to our flight date.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Conny

Hey Jason
My hats off to you, this is a very difficult but rewarding job::yes::
We sure can use more dedicated people like you and believe me you should be paid much more than an Electrical Engineer. Who would you rather work with Adults or children? The Social Workers we had for Princess Lauren were amazing.
Thanks for the Link to the shore excursions form it's copied and I can't wait to fax it in:bounce:

Conny, Two weeks ago for almost a whole week we had -34 Celsius which is -30 Fahrenheit here. right now we have 2.7 Celsius (37 Fahrenheit) Ahhh.... spring flowers well maybe in about 3 more months I will be seeing some.
Yes cancer is a terrible thing but to watch a child fight so hard for 5 years and than lose her is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.
How far are you from Berlin? The grief counsellor who is working with us will be going to Berlin in April, so lucky! I would love to go some day. My husband has been all over Germany while he was in the service and says some day he will take me there! Maybe a DVC trip to Disney Paris and than over to Germany Hmmm. have to think about when to plan that one:) You and your sister must be so anxious to get to the "House of The Mouse"::MickeyMo You are going to have a great time!!

Brenda

Brenda - welcome to our little group, its great to have more cruisers joining us.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. May the memories you have of her help you through this difficult time.

Conny- I'm jealous of your weather. It has been so cold here, I can't wait to see the flowers bloom.

Can you believe we are under 3 months now. My girls have been trying on their summer clothes and we have a huge shopping list.

Since we all are interested in the Champagne Brunch, maybe we should try to decide when we would like to go. Is there a way to make a reservation for a group or do we still have to stand in line on boarding day?

Take care everyone and we'll be meeting soon!:)

Tammy

Wow - I had much to catch up on!

1st off bobbidiboo welcome aboard! We are hoping to do the Dolphin Encounter also, (well actually I plan on doing my impression of a beached whale):) while my DD's do the encounter part.

I would love to do Palo's anytime, brunch or dinner if anyone else is interested. Do we make resv. the day we board or can we do it ahead of time?

We are in the middle of a heat wave today too, 18 degree F unfortunately it's not going to stay through the weekend.

Well, I better pay attention to dinner or we'll be going out:crazy:

Look forward to seeing you all.

Alice

About Palo Champagne Brunch...

From what I have read from other Dis Board members postings on the boards, organizing a Palo Champagne Brunch meet with such a large group can present some difficulties.

Palo does have one large room that they use for large parties. It appears that it may hold 15 or so people comfortably but probably not more. Larger groups would probably have to be split among many different tables in the main dining area. I remember reading that some Dis groups have been as large as 50+. While Palo has tried to be as accommodating as possible, all of the members just couldn't be seated together, even in one general area of the restaurant, due to space constraints.

I believe that if we do want to get a group together, one person can make the reservation for the whole group. The individual making the reservation would have to have the names and cabin numbers of all people who wish to attend though. They could make the reservation and then leave the day and time of the brunch reservation on the attendees voice mail on their stateroom phones.

Brenda--

Thanks for the kind words! The work itself is very rewarding and I find myself enjoying it more each day. Moffitt Cancer Center is an adult-only hospital as there are several All Children's Hospitals in the area with specialized pediatric oncology departments. We attempt to work in conjunction with them and avoid duplicating services. However, some services do see younger "adults" (14 - 18) on occasion.

I actually found a thread that gives information on a DIS Brunch or something, probably just as Jason said:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=402422&highlight=+Palo++large++group

Anybody have Concierge service? Apparently, that person could book this brunch (or whatever it ends up being) in advance.

Jason - on a personal note, I commend you for getting as far as you have with Social Work and enjoying it!! I made it to a BSW with an Associate license, working in a group home for troubled/neglected teens, until I was involved in a car accident (I'm fine now!) But as challenging as it was, it was also so very rewarding!!!
Kudos to you!
:tongue:

Tracey--

Wow! Another tried, true, stamped, and degreed social worker on this cruise! I knew we hit it off well from the beginning! :teeth: Are you still practicing?

Thanks for posting the link to the thread with all of the info on the Palo Brunch. Just quickly reading through it I get the distinct feeling that the private room may not be the direction to go.

Jason - No, unfortunately, my college education was put to waste! lol.. After I was in my accident, my employer wasn't able to hold my position for me, (which was understandable as I was in wheelchair and crutches for a year!).
By the time I got back into the workforce, I realized that I could make more money in another field; due to my lack of SW education & experience. :(

But, I did enjoy it immensely, and still find myself using my good 'ole SW ethics, which is definetly a good thing!!!

Re: Palo's, I think we could probably get them to push some tables together and call it a day!!

:)

It's funny how things work out in life sometimes. Guess it's all that crazy serendipity stuff! :crazy: But, I'm glad to see that you're still a social worker at heart and apply our profession to your new area of employment. ::yes:: I'm sure you continue to make us all proud!

I can't believe that we're already down to 85 days (and less in some cases)! The time is going by really fast and I can almost feel what it's like to be on the Magic again! Can't hardly wait!

How is everyone doing with their plans? We're still GTY as far as cabin assignments go but I'm thinking that may change in a month or so. We started calling DCL to inquire about Florida Resident Rates for the cruise but so far they only have them released through mid-March. Hopefully soon! If not, I guess we have a pretty good rate as of right now, and hopefully, an upgrade? One can hope! :teeth:

Are some of you organizing a Dis Meet at the Raddison the Friday prior to the cruise? Perhaps we should start a page on the site for the various meets so that people, as they filter into our thread, can have a heads up as to where and when they can meet fellow Disers.

We'll keep your fingers crossed for you and your upgrade Jason!!!
Heck, I'll keep 'em crossed for all of us!! :hyper:

DS and I will not be at the radison the night before - we are flying in early evening on Friday so are staying at the airport. I'd be curious as to hear where others will be, but sounds like a good idea for those who will be there!

:bounce:

Hi:wave:
My DH and I fly into MCO on Friday afternoon and we will use FL Tours to shuttle us to Cocoa Beach to the Comfort Inn. Spend a nice evening on the beach than they will shuttle us to the port around 10:30 I think.
When we come back our flight isn't until 6:45 p.m. so we also got the day rate for the Hyatt at the airport we will relax there until we have to get on the plane. (But don't want to think about that
:eek: )

Brenda

Brenda - We are also doing the dayroom at the Hyatt - our flight out isn't til 5:30ish. I had contemplated doing a day at Disney, but I'm SURE my DS will be exhausted, as will I. We'll be relaxing I'm sure, BUT I don't like thinking about it either!!!!
:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter