• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Watch Out DCL...oopsiDAISY is Having a Quackattack on the High Seas!!!

Loved your zoo update!!! That's awesome!

Yes, the girls do look entirely too grown up - I know how you feel! It's so hard to watch, you just want to hold on. :hug:

Love the picture of Gabe peeking at the meerkats!

And yay for your countdown - YES, it is getting soooo close!

Glad you've been a bad Diser - so I don't feel alone... It's been hard to keep up on everything while BMT were here... :lovestruc

D~

Hi! Your trip is so close now which means mine is too! :banana:

I haven't started packing yet because there is a possibility I might have to go to Savannah for a work conference Sept 28 - Oct 1. It all depends on how the public hearing for our budget goes next week. I don't want to start packing for Disney until I know whether or not I need my suitcase for the conference! I do have a few things laid out though as our Magic Bands and luggage tags are already here!

The zoo trip looks like a lot of fun! I soooo wish that we had a cool zoo like that. In order to get to our zoo, you have to drive through a less than, less than, less than, let's just say I don't want to drive through the neighborhood. The zoo itself is pretty worn down and it's really really sad.

Yay for getting the suitcases out and starting to put things in them. You are right, planning for a cruise is not quite as intense as planning a trip to the Disney parks. Guess they want you to get in that relaxed cruise mode even before the trip.

Connie, I just wanted to pop in and wish you a wonderful cruise. I think you leave while I'm still on Marco Island (we leave this Friday for Disney).

I hope you and your family and the Quackattack Family have a magical cruise.

Loved your zoo update!!! That's awesome!

Yes, the girls do look entirely too grown up - I know how you feel! It's so hard to watch, you just want to hold on. :hug:

Love the picture of Gabe peeking at the meerkats!

And yay for your countdown - YES, it is getting soooo close!

Glad you've been a bad Diser - so I don't feel alone... It's been hard to keep up on everything while BMT were here... :lovestruc

D~

It IS so hard to see them grow up. :sad1: But they are at a really good age right now, too. So fun to hang out with...when they are getting along. :rolleyes1

Hi! Your trip is so close now which means mine is too! :banana:

I haven't started packing yet because there is a possibility I might have to go to Savannah for a work conference Sept 28 - Oct 1. It all depends on how the public hearing for our budget goes next week. I don't want to start packing for Disney until I know whether or not I need my suitcase for the conference! I do have a few things laid out though as our Magic Bands and luggage tags are already here!

Aw man, that would stink to have to attend a work conference right before vacation. :crazy2: We are going to spend the day at Downtown Disney when we debark the ship, on October 11...next best thing to actually going to the parks! :cool1:

The zoo trip looks like a lot of fun! I soooo wish that we had a cool zoo like that. In order to get to our zoo, you have to drive through a less than, less than, less than, let's just say I don't want to drive through the neighborhood. The zoo itself is pretty worn down and it's really really sad.

Yay for getting the suitcases out and starting to put things in them. You are right, planning for a cruise is not quite as intense as planning a trip to the Disney parks. Guess they want you to get in that relaxed cruise mode even before the trip.

We are so blessed to have such a fantastic zoo. We love going there. Membership is pretty cheap, then we feel like it is a "free" thing to do just for fun whenever we want to! It's a win-win! :thumbsup2

Connie, I just wanted to pop in and wish you a wonderful cruise. I think you leave while I'm still on Marco Island (we leave this Friday for Disney).

I hope you and your family and the Quackattack Family have a magical cruise.

You guys have a GREAT time too, Kathy!!! :dance3:

Okay, so I finally brought my camera to work today. This update is going to be a little of this and a little of that. Remember I said we had a movie night that was laid back, not much to photograph? :confused3 Well, I did take a few pictures. Thought I would share those first. There will be no pictures of people. The Quackattack family brought along someone who we could not take pictures of, so we didn't want to make it seem awkward or uncomfortable. But, we did have a blast with ALL of them. Maybe Quackattack will share the story of who joined us later on...it's great story, just not mine to tell. :goodvibes

Invitation:

Decorations and Food:

The skillet had grilled onions and mushrooms for the burgers...like Pecos Bills. :thumbsup2

That is all I have photos of from the movie night. We played flashlight tag outstide AFTER the movie, and that was SO. MUCH. FUN... until I ran across the DAMP yard yelling like a dork, and had a MAJOR wipeout. :rolleyes1 Yep, I could not even walk AT ALL the next day. But luckily, I was better by Monday. I am such a winner! :rotfl:

The rest of this update will be the "this and that". I took a photo of "packing central" for all to see:

There will be one more suitcase added to that for miscellaneous stuff like FE gifts, sunscreen, door magnets, etc. We will leave behind most of that stuff so that the suitcase can then be used to take our souveniers home. :woohoo:

We got a very special package in the mail yesterday. A couple of ladies going on our cruise have a t-shirt screening business. They designed group t-shirts for the cruise. Our FB cruise group name is Rocking the Docks.

The shirts are SO COOL, and get this... the white parts are GLOW IN THE DARK!!!! Is that not the best? :cool2:

Another random thing to mention is that I have been reading the Kingdom Keepers books for a little over a year now. The timing on the book I am up to right now is crazy:

Yep, it takes place on a Disney cruise! It's on the Dream rather than the Fantasy, BUT STILL! :thumbsup2

And to wrap all this up...

So, it is actually 15 days til the cruise.... but only 14 days til we leave home!!! :dance3::yay::cool1::cheer2:

Now that meal for the movie night is my kind of food! Love me some burgers. :rotfl:

Those T-shirts are very cute, love them! WDW just released some shirts that glow in the dark and I may just have to get one when I'm down there in October. I don't think they are on the Disney Store on-line yet but there was a very cool castle one that has my name on it.

I really struggled with the Kingdom Keeper books. I actually started the one you are on but never finished it. Don't know why because I love to read and love Disney but for some reason I really had a hard time getting into those.

Two weeks to go! :cool1:

Hi Oopsi! Your trip is so close!! :yay: I fell so far behind in your PTR but I am all caught up now and getting excited for you on your upcoming trip! :sail:Can't wait to read the final updates before you guys set sail!

Mmmm... The food looks delicious!!! What a fun meal to have! As usual - you do it up right!

I hope Quackattack shares the story - I'd love to hear it.

OK - the shirts are EPIC!!! I want one!!! And I am not even going on your cruise! ::yes:: Wonder if they'd do one for me with my logo on it? Hmmm....

14 days!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!! :woohoo: Soooo excited for you my friend!!!!

D~

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

it all looks so MUCH FUN!!!!
HOLY COW 2 weeks!!!! I cannot wait to hear about it!!!

You ALWAYS have THE best movie nights! From you decorations, to the food to all the fun that goes along with it. I hope that Quackattack will chime and tell us the story.

Connie, I'm trying to do a little catching up on the DIS while sitting on the balcony enjoying the ocean air in Marco Island, and just wanted to stop by and wish you a spectacular trip (just in case I don't get back here before you leave as we'll still be in Marco). :hug:

Love the shirts! We do custom shirts for our Girls Weekend trip to Food & Wine Festival each year - if possible, can you share the screen printing contact info, I'd love to use them next year!

I can't believe how close your cruise is! So exciting!

Those shirts are awesome!!!

I'm not sure if I'll get on here again before your cruise so I hope you have an amazing time and I can't wait to hear all about it when you return. I'm seriously going to be thinking about you next week while I'm at work. :rolleyes1

Safe travels!

We are home!!! I want to apologize to everyone here....I sort of fell off the Disboards the last week or so before the trip. SORRY!! Thanks to those of you who stuck around, and wished us a great trip. It was FANTASTIC, AMAZING, EPIC... and I cannot wait to tell everyone about it. My goal is to get my TR started today. Lots to do to get it pulled together. When I do get it going, I will certainly get back over here to post a link. :thumbsup2

We are home!!! I want to apologize to everyone here....I sort of fell off the Disboards the last week or so before the trip. SORRY!! Thanks to those of you who stuck around, and wished us a great trip. It was FANTASTIC, AMAZING, EPIC... and I cannot wait to tell everyone about it. My goal is to get my TR started today. Lots to do to get it pulled together. When I do get it going, I will certainly get back over here to post a link. :thumbsup2

Welcome home! I saw a few pictures that you posted on Facebook but can hardly wait to see all of them and hear the tales that I am sure you have to tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter