"Walking" a reservation

roselark

DIS Veteran
What is this? I have seen it referred to several times. I think I understand the purpose, but not how it is done?
Thanks!

What is this? I have seen it referred to several times. I think I understand the purpose, but not how it is done?
Thanks!

You make a reservation ahead of the dates that you are really wanting (works for bookings at 11 months). So if you wanted a reservation for the first week of December for a few hard to get room categories you get in when you can, maybe a couple of weeks (or months for certain rooms) ahead of time whenever the room happens to be available thus securing yourself a reservation. As dates progress you add the new dates at the end of the reservation and drop nights at the beginning....eventually you end up with the dates that you want. It is really only needed for a few booking categories.

Let’s say there are 10 rooms in a category. If on the first day of the 11 month window, you book that day plus the next five, then you’re holding one of the 10 rooms for at least those next 6 days.

That room would not show up in each of the next five mornings as an available room. If eight people were walking already, at 8 am the first two people could grab the remaining two rooms and then there’d be no more availability. If 10 people are already walking all 10 rooms, there’d be no availability even before the 11 month window opens.

So. 4 days later, you modify your reservation to add 4 nights to the end and remove four from the front of the reservation, and you’ve walked the reservation forward by 4 nights.

In the meantime, nobody could book the room out from under you because for at least that room, you are blocking it’s availabiity at the 11 month window; you’re occupying that room already on each morning the 11 month window opens.

Once you secure the room at the 11 month window, you are blocking anyone else from it for as long as you hold it with days beyond the 11 month window, days that you keep modifying forward until you get where you want to go.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter