WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

I did 2 miles on elliptical yesterday. I did create an excel spreadsheet to keep track of miles. Total now is 12/1458.

I had replied to the other thread as well and can no longer find it. Anyway, count me in for this year's walking challenge. Thanks njcarita for hosting this one.

I wore my pedometer to work today, 2.75 hours "coordinating" birthday parties at the bowling alley. My pedometer says I walked 2.635 miles :-)confused3), right on target to meet my 1000 miles goal.

Can I join too?

I walked 2 miles of 1000 miles to Disney World.

Eden

I am 659 miles from my door to the Caribbean Beach Resort (Aruba Village ;))

Today I walked 3 miles.

1/1: 659-3=656
1/2: 656-3=653
1/3: 653-1=652

January Total: 7 miles
Total: 7 miles; 1.0% complete :rotfl:

I only did 1 mile today, but I'm sick so rest is important! :rotfl:

welcome to all the new walkers............
I think this is going to be a fun challenge

I walked another 2 miles tonight so I'm @ 6.3/1102

njcarita - I forgot to thank you for updating the first page!!

Just got back from biking 8 miles.

20 down
1438 to go

Alright I'm in and I'm starting tomorrow! We are staying at Windsor Hills but I like the idea of finishing my walk at the start of Main Street in Magic Kingdom. So I'm at 541 miles and we leave at the end of May. May not make it all the way BUT this will help keep me motivated to get in shape before the trip and keep walking!!! Great idea!

0/547 miles

Well got a 1.6 miles in yesterday - so now just 2010.06 to go - lol.

I want to try this. I have dreamed the Donald for more than four years - it will elude me this year due to the pace requirements and the fact that I am just not ready yet.

But, God willing, 2011 will be the year and it would be cool to "walk" there.

This is a fun challenge. I will have to use every step I take, due to the distance, but I am going to wear the pedometer and count.

Linda

:tinker::donald::mickeyjum

Hi Everyone,

I'm Sabrina and I think this challenge will help me jump start my goal.

I live 937 miles from Disney World.

So right now I'm at 0/937.

I look forward to getting to know you all!!

What a cool idea. I'm in. 1,251 miles to AKL. Five miles done.

Ronda
5/1251

Ok no laughing I'm starting out small since I fell off the walking wagon during the summer. I was doing 3-4 miles a day, but today my goal way 1 mile and I did that. I did also do a 15 minute balance ball routine but that doesn't get me any closer if I'm walking to Disney!! This week I'm going to do 1-2 miles a day depending but in the next few weeks I should be back up to 3 miles a day. :)

So I'm at 1/547

I could've sworn I posted my miles from yesterday, but I don't see it today. I got in 2.4 miles yesterday bringing me to a total of 6/1154.

I still have this image saved from the last time I participated in the walking challenge.

Feel free to add it to your sig.

walkingtodisney.jpg

This will totally help motivate me - I love the idea someone posted about getting the map and plotting their progress! I just started my workout/weightloss journey Dec 31 and I was only counting minutes walking on the treadmill, not distance - so for the 30 minutes I walked on each of the last 4 days - I will conservatively estimate 1/2 mile each day so....

2 /1386

Great thread! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!