WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

Are you wearing step counters and counting all walking done during the day, or just walking that you do on top of regular errands and walking around the house?

Count me in. I am walking from my house to the Magic Kingdom. 0/1185 miles

Are you wearing step counters and counting all walking done during the day, or just walking that you do on top of regular errands and walking around the house?

I'm counting what I do throughout the day and on the treadmill. Off to put my pedometer on right now.

I have to get a counter. Right now I am using the treadmill.

I'm just going to use the miles I walk on the treadmill or when I go outside for walks..........I've actually have given up on pedomoters...... I haven't been able to find one that lasts and that doesn't give me steps when I"m sitting down:rotfl:...............

count me in on this (again) :yay:- I'm 2000km's to WDW from my house
maybe if I walk there then I will treat my self to a visit

I'll be counting treadmill and walking outside

Tamara

How does it work? I am a loooong ways from the World but determined to get the half marathon done (finally) in 2011.

Linda:tinker::donald::dumbo::mickeyjum

I am 659 miles from my door to the Caribbean Beach Resort (Aruba Village ;))

Today I walked 3 miles.

1/1: 659-3=656
1/2: 656-3=653

January Total: 6 miles
Total: 6 miles; 0.9% complete :rotfl:

How does it work? I am a loooong ways from the World but determined to get the half marathon done (finally) in 2011.

Linda:tinker::donald::dumbo::mickeyjum

Go to google maps or mapquest or something and use the "get directions" feature. Start with your house and end with someplace in WDW. It will give you the number of miles from your house to your selected location in WDW.

Then, just walk/bike/swim that number of miles. It helps if you divide the total miles by 365 to see how many miles/per day you need in order to pace yourself.

I'm in for this challenge.

I have 2/1095 to Fort Wilderness as of today.

I have been wearing my pedometer for a while now. I will be counting what I do during the day. I have been averaging 4000 while I have been on vacation. Will be trying for 10,000 starting next week.

I'm in for this, too! I don't know if I'll get there or not before our trip--664 miles in 5 months--but I'm going to try!! It's about 4.4 miles a day!

I walked/ran 1.3 miles today. That leaves me with 493.01 miles. I better pick up the pace if I'm ever going to get there!!:goodvibes

Between yesterday and this morning, I did 1.94 bringing me to 3.94/1237.

Thanks!

I am 2011.66 miles from my house to the Magic Kingdom in Disney World.

Now that is a challenge, and it would take me at least a year to do it.

But you know, maybe I will try to see if I can get it finished by the time I leave for the Disney marathon next year - January 6, 2011.

It averages about five miles a day, but if I counted every step...

Great idea though.

Linda

:tinker::donald::mickeyjum

I would like to join. I had also joined on the other thread. There are 1154 miles from my front door to Hollywood Studios. I started tracking Jan 1. I am only tracking the mileage from my workouts using my pedometer watch.

So far I am at 3.6/1154.

Walked 4 miles yesterday.

So, 7.83/771 miles
I might make it have way before we go in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!