Waiting for points after closing. . . update

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I purchased a small resale contract of 75pts at SSR to add to my existing contract. Same UY. It closed on May 29 and was recorded that afternoon! I waited until two weeks had passed and called MS to see about getting the points loaded in because the new contract was visible but didn't have points yet. During the first phone call, the CM said, "no, sorry." I waited another week and called again. This time the CM said "probably no, but let me look into it." After a bit of a hold, not only did I have my new contract's points, but my waitlist was confirmed and merged into a single reservation :) Major pixie dust today.

I purchased a small resale contract of 75pts at SSR to add to my existing contract. Same UY. It closed on May 29 and was recorded that afternoon! I waited until two weeks had passed and called MS to see about getting the points loaded in because the new contract was visible but didn't have points yet. During the first phone call, the CM said, "no, sorry." I waited another week and called again. This time the CM said "probably no, but let me look into it." After a bit of a hold, not only did I have my new contract's points, but my waitlist was confirmed and merged into a single reservation :) Major pixie dust today.
Congrats. It’s always a great day when things fall into place!

I closed on 5/24 and my points just loaded today. Longest that I’ve ever waited for DVC to handle things on their end! I was able to reallocate the 2017 banked points to my September reservation and I banked the 2018 points.

Congrats. It’s always a great day when things fall into place!

I closed on 5/24 and my points just loaded today. Longest that I’ve ever waited for DVC to handle things on their end! I was able to reallocate the 2017 banked points to my September reservation and I banked the 2018 points.
Oh wow, so I probably have another week of waiting for my points because I closed exactly a week after you!

Seems like it's taking a long time for them to load points.

I called Disney to ask them why my new resale contract showed zero points online, are they told me it would take a week and a half to two weeks for them to load the points because they were backed up.

They told me they received mine on June 12th, so I'm looking at the end of this week at the earliest.

Seems like it's taking a long time for them to load points.

I called Disney to ask them why my new resale contract showed zero points online, are they told me it would take a week and a half to two weeks for them to load the points because they were backed up.

They told me they received mine on June 12th, so I'm looking at the end of this week at the earliest.
This happened to me as well. The contact was showing for about a week before any points showed up for it. Still waiting on a few banked points to show.

Wow...looks like this will be the longest part of the process for us too. From offer to closing and deed recorded was exactly 1 month which I thought was lightening fast compared to our last resale purchase. Very anxious to see those points show up in our account!

I closed 7/22 and my deed was recorded 7/23. Contract showed up yesterday (8/1) midday, but CM told me it may be as late as 8/15 before I see points loaded. I was an existing DVC member, bought resale at same resort with same UY. I'll update when I see points. The offer, ROFR, and closing all happened in less than a month, so hopefully this moves faster than what they are telling me to expect.

Update: I spoke with a very nice CM today after seeing there were still no points loaded into my account. I was told the process is taking roughly 7 days right now and advised to call back in on Friday if the points still weren't there. I explained I had a unique timeline as the resale contract I purchased included full banked 2018 points that I would lose if I couldn't book and travel with them before the end of January. Just checked my account and all of my points are now loaded. The CM couldn't have been nicer / more understanding about my situation. While she didn't make any promises to me to "fix" anything, she clearly followed up with the points department after our phone call. I was just able to apply those "use it or lose it" 2018 points to the trip I have already booked for September and I can bank my 2019 points for next year!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter