Waiting for points after closing. . . update

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I purchased a small resale contract of 75pts at SSR to add to my existing contract. Same UY. It closed on May 29 and was recorded that afternoon! I waited until two weeks had passed and called MS to see about getting the points loaded in because the new contract was visible but didn't have points yet. During the first phone call, the CM said, "no, sorry." I waited another week and called again. This time the CM said "probably no, but let me look into it." After a bit of a hold, not only did I have my new contract's points, but my waitlist was confirmed and merged into a single reservation :) Major pixie dust today.

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
I purchased a small resale contract of 75pts at SSR to add to my existing contract. Same UY. It closed on May 29 and was recorded that afternoon! I waited until two weeks had passed and called MS to see about getting the points loaded in because the new contract was visible but didn't have points yet. During the first phone call, the CM said, "no, sorry." I waited another week and called again. This time the CM said "probably no, but let me look into it." After a bit of a hold, not only did I have my new contract's points, but my waitlist was confirmed and merged into a single reservation :) Major pixie dust today.
Congrats. It’s always a great day when things fall into place!

I closed on 5/24 and my points just loaded today. Longest that I’ve ever waited for DVC to handle things on their end! I was able to reallocate the 2017 banked points to my September reservation and I banked the 2018 points.

• jlb727

Earning My Ears
    Congrats. It’s always a great day when things fall into place!

I closed on 5/24 and my points just loaded today. Longest that I’ve ever waited for DVC to handle things on their end! I was able to reallocate the 2017 banked points to my September reservation and I banked the 2018 points.
    Oh wow, so I probably have another week of waiting for my points because I closed exactly a week after you!

kidren21

Earning My Ears
    Seems like it's taking a long time for them to load points.

I called Disney to ask them why my new resale contract showed zero points online, are they told me it would take a week and a half to two weeks for them to load the points because they were backed up.

They told me they received mine on June 12th, so I'm looking at the end of this week at the earliest.

PsycProfPlum

Ears Earned
    Seems like it's taking a long time for them to load points.

I called Disney to ask them why my new resale contract showed zero points online, are they told me it would take a week and a half to two weeks for them to load the points because they were backed up.

They told me they received mine on June 12th, so I'm looking at the end of this week at the earliest.
    This happened to me as well. The contact was showing for about a week before any points showed up for it. Still waiting on a few banked points to show.

Suzabella

Earning My Ears
    Wow...looks like this will be the longest part of the process for us too. From offer to closing and deed recorded was exactly 1 month which I thought was lightening fast compared to our last resale purchase. Very anxious to see those points show up in our account!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS