Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

There's now several reports from guides on this price for the Transient tax. And it increases in 2024.
Wow. If that's the new tax rate, no wonder they pulled it out of dues - and I'll bet they'll pull it out of 2024 VGC dues too!

Wow. If that's the new tax rate, no wonder they pulled it out of dues - and I'll bet they'll pull it out of 2024 VGC dues too!
That is what I m thinking…but most VGC owners use points there anyway, so it may not seem that different?

Yeah VGC's is in the dues and a lot cheaper. I think it's going to be a no from me.
I think you might not be alone in that thinking. lol

At $9.06 + $2.73 per point (IF in addition to?) will definitely hurt sales, but maybe that's okay with them. Maybe similar to park attendance, more money with fewer people works well for them, IF it works. ;)

9.06+2.73= $11.79 (can't be... can it?)
9.06-2.73= $6.33 (sounds much better)

I think you might not be alone in that thinking. lol

At $9.06 + $2.73 per point (IF in addition to?) will definitely hurt sales, but maybe that's okay with them. Maybe similar to park attendance, more money with fewer people works well for them, IF it works. ;)

9.06+2.73= $11.79 (can't be... can it?)
9.06-2.73= $6.33 (sounds much better)
From what literally everyone who has actually spoken to a guide has been told, it will be $9.06 v+ $2.73 = $11.79. Now, the $9.06 is what you'll pay no matter what in January, but the $2.73 is only paid when you use the points at VDH (and is charged per-point at checkout). If you decided to use those points at VGC, or a WDW resort, then you wouldn't pay the transient tax.

From what literally everyone who has actually spoken to a guide has been told, it will be $9.06 v+ $2.73 = $11.79. Now, the $9.06 is what you'll pay no matter what in January, but the $2.73 is only paid when you use the points at VDH (and is charged per-point at checkout). If you decided to use those points at VGC, or a WDW resort, then you wouldn't pay the transient tax.
Even $9.06 seems high for a resort that isn't anywhere special (beach, etc), doesn't it.??

VGC:
Point: $310/38 years = $8.16
Dues: $8.04
Total: $16.20 per point per year
DLH:
Point: $230/50 years = $4.06
Dues: $9.05 + $2.73 Transient Tax = $11.78
Total: $16.38 per point per year
Interesting... Taken from an FB group.

Exactly; that's why contracts for VGC disappearing;

the unknown is the incentives. $230 really busted people but what really hurts is that transient tax with HIGH MFs
Yep, VGC just went up... wish I had found a small contract when prices were down. :(

facebook twitter