Wait! Where's your wedding ring? An Oct. 2013 Disneymoon TR Updated 5/7!

The Boyz II Men show sounds like an amazing time. How awesome they were able to play your song and that Wanya was able to pick you out of the crowd for the comment and thumbs up. Though DW did spoil it for me since she already knew what happened from FB while ya'll were there. lol And nice strategy for being able to leave the show and still get a good spot in live for the next one. Smart move :thumbsup2

The clouds were really working in your favor for the world showcase shot.

Nothing like topping the night off with some amazing food and a view to match.

Can't wait to see what Franklin was able to accomplish during EMH.

That's the problem with FB and Twitter, they totally spoil TR surprises! ;) Tokyo Dining is one of the more underrated restaurants at Disney. It's one of our favorites, the perfect end to the day!

Amazing concert photos!!

Wondering about the Frozen Beer...all frozen like a slushie or just has a frozen top/foam on it? Looks good!

Thank you! Franklin should be along shortly to answer your question about the frozen beer. Sadly, I never tried it!

wow, I am "Amazed" at your concert experience! - see what I did there ;)

I do and I like it!

Seriously though, if I had been in your place and watching our wedding song performed to us by the artist (in our case Ben Folds) I would have been crying like a baby.

That picture Franklin took of the sky is so cool - the clouds look like packages or something.

Glad dinner worked out well and very impressed with Franklin in taking in the moment and not taking pictures - looks like a neat view

Love Ben Folds (his music is awesome and he's just so great on The Sing-Off). There were lots of emotions coming out of my tear ducts that evening. I was so happy to be married and to hear our wedding song while sitting in our favorite place was just the most incredible feeling. :goodvibes

Mmmmm....the escargot just made me drool.

I......hate......iPad photographers! Don't you realize you look like a tool!?

How cool that Wanya remembered, they sang Amazed, and then he recognized you guys off to the side. Priceless.

I am trying that frozen beer in January. It's a must have for me.

The escargot is, year in and year out, one of Franklin's favorite F&W treats. He loves it, a lot.

I don't get the whole "iPad for a camera" thing. It's so big and clunky, why would you rather schlep that around all day instead of an easier-to-carry camera?

It was a totally priceless moment with Wanya. We'll probably be telling the grandkids that story someday.

Can't wait to hear how you like the frozen beer!

Franklin- the cinemagraphs are supremely cool!!! Brings your spectacular photography to a whole new level!

Stunning pictures of the World Showcase, American Adventure and Space Ship Earth at night.

What great experiences you had at the Boyz II Men concerts. That was amazing that you met Wanya beforehand and that they played "your song" and acknowledged you during the show. Certainly something that will be a treasured memory forever!

Once again, your meals at Tokyo Dining looked fantastic! What are the brown cubes with your chicken teriyaki? I really must try the restaurant someday. Frozen beer??? Yes, please!

It was actually refreshing to hear that Franklin just watched Illuminations. As tempting as it must have been to photograph the show, I hope you were both able to enjoy the show together.

We had so much fun at the concerts that day. The Eat to the Beat concerts are one of the reasons why we love F&W so much. It makes for such a different day at Disney!

I think the brown cubes with the chicken were tofu? I don't remember for sure, since I was happy with just the chicken and steamed rice.

SO AMAZING!!!! What a beautiful memory for your honeymoon!! I love when celebrities do things like that...something that is so minor to them, but so huge to their fans. :goodvibes:goodvibes

That's so fun that you were able to go to all 3 shows. I tried to do that with Hanson last year, but DH was just not having it. :lmao: And the photo Franklin got while waiting in line is so beautiful!!

Great update! I can't wait to see what Franklin captured at EMH.

Thank you! It will definitely be a honeymoon memory we treasure for a long, long time. You went to Hanson last year at F&W?!?!? I heard those concerts were ca-razy crowded.

His EMH chapter should be fun. I don't know if I've mentioned this yet in the TR, but the Disney Photography Blog was having a giant meet-up in the parks that week. So Franklin got to meet some of the other Disney photographers that he'd met online. And MK EMH was the first of his meet-ups with them! There are some awesome pictures heading your way. :thumbsup2

I think it's so great that the guys still dress alike!

Ughhh iPads...so infuriating. I just don't understand how people don't realize how annoying they are!

That is amazing that Boyz II Men sang your song, and that Wanya came over and talked to you! What an awesome memory.

I've never eaten at Tokyo Dining but I LOVE chicken teriyaki...might have to get over there at some point!

The funny thing is that Franklin and I have a running thing going about Boyz II Men's clothes at these Eat to the Beat concerts. The first couple of years we saw them there, they were in suits... in 85-degree weather. Yuck! Last year, they finally seemed to get it together and wore short-sleeved button-down shirts and shorts. Yay for comfort! But then this year, they were back to jeans and long-sleeved cardigans. Yikes! So. Much. Sweat.

Tokyo Dining is well worth a try. The food is great and so is the service!

So cool to see your new friend in concert
That was so cool to have him spot you guys out.

It was very, very cool!

I've followed (OK, LURKED) your last few trip reports. Like everybody else with functioning eyeballs, I am in AWE of Franklin's photos. :love: My children get so excited when I tell them we are going to look at his fireworks pics-- we've been know to play the Wishes music and read your report:rolleyes1

I can't wait to hear about the FUN you have on your honeymoon-- your trips are always so full of enthusiasm! Yay and congratulations!!:cheer2:

Yay! Thank you for coming out of lurkdom! It's so fun to hear from people who are following along!

Congrats!

Thanks! And welcome!

The clouds were really working in your favor for the world showcase shot.

Nothing like topping the night off with some amazing food and a view to match.

Can't wait to see what Franklin was able to accomplish during EMH.
The clouds did look amazing. It was still difficult to expose for. Clouds were super bright while there were a lot of shadows on the ground.
Amazing concert photos!!

Wondering about the Frozen Beer...all frozen like a slushie or just has a frozen top/foam on it? Looks good!
Thanks! It was just the foam that was frozen. It is beer flavored. The beer was all cold liquid. It's like ice in your beer without it being watered down.
That picture Franklin took of the sky is so cool - the clouds look like packages or something.

Glad dinner worked out well and very impressed with Franklin in taking in the moment and not taking pictures - looks like a neat view
Thank you! Those clouds were just spectacular with the sun lower in the sky.
Mmmmm....the escargot just made me drool.

I......hate......iPad photographers! Don't you realize you look like a tool!?

How cool that Wanya remembered, they sang Amazed, and then he recognized you guys off to the side. Priceless.

I am trying that frozen beer in January. It's a must have for me.
Yeah, iPad users block my shot, but the really ruin the experience for everyone behind them. No consideration at all. It's not even necessary to hold it that high. They just hold it high so they don't block their own view.
Franklin- the cinemagraphs are supremely cool!!! Brings your spectacular photography to a whole new level!

Stunning pictures of the World Showcase, American Adventure and Space Ship Earth at night.

It was actually refreshing to hear that Franklin just watched Illuminations. As tempting as it must have been to photograph the show, I hope you were both able to enjoy the show together.
I'm glad you enjoyed the cinemagraphs! Even just watching Illuminations I couldn't leave the camera a lone.
That's so fun that you were able to go to all 3 shows. I tried to do that with Hanson last year, but DH was just not having it. :lmao: And the photo Franklin got while waiting in line is so beautiful!!

Great update! I can't wait to see what Franklin captured at EMH.
I'm with your DH on that. I'm not even sure I would sit through one Hanson concert. :rotfl2: That photo was one I couldn't pass up. I looked over, did a double take, then shot it.
I've followed (OK, LURKED) your last few trip reports. Like everybody else with functioning eyeballs, I am in AWE of Franklin's photos. :love: My children get so excited when I tell them we are going to look at his fireworks pics-- we've been know to play the Wishes music and read your report:rolleyes1

I can't wait to hear about the FUN you have on your honeymoon-- your trips are always so full of enthusiasm! Yay and congratulations!!:cheer2:
Thanks for joining in! It's wonderful to hear you guys enjoying our trip reports.

Great updates!!! Somehow I fell behind over here! :confused3 Must have been DDs Nutcracker and Christmas ballet shows, the holidays and work cutting into my DIS time!! :laughing:

Franklin, loved the cinemagraphs!!! Very cool shots. All your photos are always so beautiful. I am going to find that book you recommend for understanding settings on the camera. I have been messing around with mine for about 6 months, but still not brave enough to mess with the manual settings. I need to just go out and shoot around the house with nothing particular in mind and mess with the manual programs.

Missy, we never had any FP+ line issues or had them be so long. Maybe TT was down for a while or something. But I do know that they seem to be having more problems with things now that most of the resorts are online and they are trying to add day guests as well. I didn't mind it too much until we wanted to change things around our last day. Then it became an issue because we were 2 different groups, and my friend, Pam had set everything up and I could never get MDE to let me accept her invitation, so she always had to make our changes from her phone.

Awesome with Boyz2Men remembering to acknowledge your wedding song!! And I can't stand those IPad photo takers. We've had them in front of us during graduations. Such inconsiderate idiots.

We have never eaten in the Japan area. (except for Kaki Gori) ;). Have to try that area some time.

Looking forward to reading more!

Loving your honeymoon TR, Missy...and Franklin! Your wedding pictures were/are amazing...oh..wait a trend...anyway... Glad you had a good meal at Cali Grill. Its still my favorite at Disneyworld, though I haven't been back post-rehab. I wonder how many of the pre-rehab staff they retained? They really had some incredible servers, although I did have a couple who were just Ok.

Love the Yacht Club....just like the Beach Club...lots of crisp white and you just can't beat the location.

I had forgotten you were there for Food and Wine...great timing! Its like EPCOT on steroids! :banana:

Hope to stay caught up...maybe...:rolleyes:

Franklin, love the moving pictures...so cool!

Great updates!!! Somehow I fell behind over here! :confused3 Must have been DDs Nutcracker and Christmas ballet shows, the holidays and work cutting into my DIS time!! :laughing:

Trust me, I know what it's like to have real life get in the way with your TR reading. I've been really guilty of that lately. I'm just glad to have you back with us!

Franklin, loved the cinemagraphs!!! Very cool shots. All your photos are always so beautiful. I am going to find that book you recommend for understanding settings on the camera. I have been messing around with mine for about 6 months, but still not brave enough to mess with the manual settings. I need to just go out and shoot around the house with nothing particular in mind and mess with the manual programs.

I can't wait to see the pictures you take once you start messing with those settings!

Missy, we never had any FP+ line issues or had them be so long. Maybe TT was down for a while or something. But I do know that they seem to be having more problems with things now that most of the resorts are online and they are trying to add day guests as well. I didn't mind it too much until we wanted to change things around our last day. Then it became an issue because we were 2 different groups, and my friend, Pam had set everything up and I could never get MDE to let me accept her invitation, so she always had to make our changes from her phone.

I know this system is supposed to make things easier to plan trips with other people. But the whole invitation/accepting invitation thing never seems to work the way it's supposed to. Franklin and I are taking family members with us in August and in December and I've told everyone that I'm controlling everyone on my MDE. No one is making their own account.

Awesome with Boyz2Men remembering to acknowledge your wedding song!! And I can't stand those IPad photo takers. We've had them in front of us during graduations. Such inconsiderate idiots.

We have never eaten in the Japan area. (except for Kaki Gori) ;). Have to try that area some time.

Looking forward to reading more!

Japan is definitely worth a try. :thumbsup2 And speaking of more, Franklin has more of this TR coming right up!

Loving your honeymoon TR, Missy...and Franklin! Your wedding pictures were/are amazing...oh..wait a trend...anyway... Glad you had a good meal at Cali Grill. Its still my favorite at Disneyworld, though I haven't been back post-rehab. I wonder how many of the pre-rehab staff they retained? They really had some incredible servers, although I did have a couple who were just Ok.

Thanks Tina!!! The meal at Cali Grill was good, and we're planning to go back in August for another try. I know they kept a few of the waiters, but I believe tha majority of the wait/kitchen/bar staff was new to the restaurant post-rehab.

Love the Yacht Club....just like the Beach Club...lots of crisp white and you just can't beat the location.

I had forgotten you were there for Food and Wine...great timing! Its like EPCOT on steroids! :banana:

Hope to stay caught up...maybe...:rolleyes:

Franklin, love the moving pictures...so cool!

I love all the Epcot resorts, they just feel like home to me at Disney. F&W is our favorite time to be at The World, so getting to enjoy it on our honeymoon was the icing on a perfect cake!

I am loving your report! Getting lots of pointers and ideas for my own Disneymoon in May :)

Yay for another Disneymoon! Where are you staying? What do you have planned? When in May are you going? So many questions!

What an awesome experience at the Boys II Men concert!! pixiedust:

Thanks, it was quite the highlight!

It was a very long day. So we headed back to Yacht Club. Missy crashed for the night. But I was just getting started. You see, it was EMH at Magic Kingdom to 2AM. I hopped on an empty bus at Yacht Club with one other family, and off to the kingdom we go.

This week also happen to be the week the DisneyPhotographyBlog.com held their first meetup at the world, Photo Magic 2013. They had been to Animal Kingdom earlier that day, and were heading to Magic Kingdom for EMH. Now, I was off to find them. I didn't put too much effort into it. After all, I was there in a fairly empty park with my tripod. I would have my fun anyway.

A nice walk down Main Street. Yay, everyone is leaving! This is about 10:45 PM.

DSC_0434-L.jpg

I took a right, into Tomorrowland. This is a nice spot for people watching, or a cinemagraph.

DSC_0435-L.gif

New Fantasyland is the next stop, at Prince Eric's Castle.

DSC_0442-L.gif

I continued down to the Tangled bathrooms. A couple approached me here, asking if I was part of the Photo Magic group. I told them I wasn't, but I was looking for the group. They actually were with the group earlier in the day, then broke off to do their own thing. They were trying to take this same shot right next to me, hand held. So I offered my tripod and gave some tips. We chatted for a bit.

DSC_0443-L.jpg

I was about to continue my loop through the park but I just happen to check my phone. The group tweeted that they were in The Little Mermaid queue. So I went right back. I figured I would see folks with tripods milling about, outside the ride. Nope. I asked a couple cast members. They didn't seen any people with tripods and cameras. Finally, one of the cast members offered to take me through the queue in reverse to find them. Sure enough, we come to a group with tripods. They were in the "Umbrella Room". I was able to get this one shot before the group moved on.

DSC_0446-L.jpg

After everyone was done, (they were waiting for me) we started to exit the ride. Someone said, why don't we ride this while we're here? Most of them walked out to take photos outside. A handful of us got on. There wasn't anyone in line at all. So, one person per clam it is!

DSC_0448-L.jpg

Sebastian is a surprisingly difficult shot with that bright spotlight.

DSC_0453-L.jpg

DSC_0454-L.jpg

DSC_0456-L.jpg

DSC_0460-L.jpg

DSC_0461-L.jpg

DSC_0464-L.jpg

DSC_0467-L.jpg

DSC_0470-L.jpg

DSC_0472-L.jpg

We finished Journey of the Little Mermaid then moved onto Beast Castle. Everyone started setting up and do their own thing. Seriously, several people, including cast members, stopped to ask what was going on. It was pretty hilarious.
"Is something going to happen?"
"Is there a meet and great?"
"What's with all the tripods?"
"Can we do a PhotoPass shot here?"

DSC_0487-L.jpg

Once everyone was done, we made our way to Frontierland. And even while walking people kept asking what was going on. I mean, everyone had backpacks, cameras, and tripods that were still extended.

I really wanted to try a cinemagraph for Big Thunder Mountain. But is was way too dark, even with all those lights. This photo was a 1 minute 30 second exposure. You can see the stars though.

DSC_0491-L.jpg

DSC_0494-L.jpg

Onward to Adventureland! Can you see Orion's Belt?

DSC_0496-L.jpg

The Tiki misters shot was pretty difficult to get. I didn't do much with the composition. There were already a couple guys right below my camera. But the difficult part was the exposure. It is extremely dark there. So I kept trying longer and longer exposures until I got something usable. This is a 2 minute exposure. Even then, if the wind blew towards us it would have made the shot too foggy. Re-shoot again.

DSC_0499-L.jpg

Everyone was trying to get this shot, with the Castle and reflection in the water. The problem was that there were a few ducks that kept stirring up the water. We were all annoyed by the ducks. Another hilarious moment.

DSC_0504-L.gif

We made it! 2:30 AM and the second Kiss Goodnight from the Castle. The second one is basically trying to tell us to leave already.

DSC_0511-L.jpg

UGH! Photographers always getting in the way! :rotfl:

DSC_0527-L.jpg

I eventually made it to a bus. At 2:45 AM I had the pick of the litter. No one else was at the station. I told the bus driver I was staying at Yacht Club, and off we went.

DSC_0531-L.jpg

I finally made it to the room just after 3 AM. In a daze, I had to force myself to remember to charge batteries and backup photos. Eventually I went to bed. We have a breakfast reservation the next day... I mean later that day... In the morning!

Beautiful shots as usual Franklin! I like the cinemagraph of the castle... that one is a little sneak, it's almost not quite noticeable and it looks like you're really there because standing there, that would be the only thing moving! So thanks for that moment for me. :)

I had a few LOL moments just reading about your LOL moments! Those darn photographers getting in each others' way!

And I have to agree! Sebastian is the hardest for me on the Little Mermaid ride. His eyes are never quite right.

Amazing Photos Franklin! I find the thought of a bunch of adults in the Magic Kingdom getting all mad and yelling at ducks :rotfl2:

And I continue to love the cinemagraphs. I think one reason they work so well at Disney is there is usually so many things moving and going on that isolating just one movie part really stands out. good job!

UGH! Photographers always getting in the way! :rotfl:

Your pictures are gorgeous. :lovestruc

It would have been nice if all the photographers could have "taken turns" so each of you could have gotten the best shot, but all of you are probably too free-spirited for that. ;)

Have you ever used a program like Photoshop to erase people from your pictures?

Such beautiful photos! I really like the cinemagraph photos. I see TRs like this and I wish I had a "good" camera myself! Instead, I'll just keep taking the phone pictures and deal with it. :faint:

Gorgeous photos!!!! Love the cinemagraphs as well. So nice of you to share your equipment and your tips!! I found the book you recommended and am working through it. Tough in the winter in Chicagoland, though. Not much to look at or photograph.
Headed to Museum of Science and Industry on Thursday for the Disney Archives and to see the trees. Hope to get some good shots then.

Wanted to be sure to wish you both a very Happy New Year!!

clip_image030.jpg

Just joining! So happy to have found this! Missy I love your other TR's and this one even has me more excited for our first stay at BLT/BCV with first experience at MNSSHP and F&W in Sept/Oct this year.

Your wedding pics are fantastic!!! You guys look so great :)

And as always I love Franklins photos on the TR! Can't wait to read more.

So I just found your TR's. I've read 3 of them while I've been snowed in today. They are fabulous.

1) Love the pictures! They are all breathtaking.
2) Your wedding pictures are gorgeous.
3) We spent part of our honeymoon at Disney before jet setting to Hawaii for the rest of it. It's the perfect place to celebrate the beginning of your honeymoon. It's so magical as newlyweds. It's also the best time to slow down and take it "easy" at Disney.
4) I can totally empathize with you on always being beat by your husband in Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear. My husband destroys me EVERYTIME!

I wanted to just chime in and say Congratulations! and that I love all of your TRs. Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter