Wait! Where's your wedding ring? An Oct. 2013 Disneymoon TR Updated 5/7!

Missyrose

DIS Veteran
Hi friends, and after all these years and all these trip reports, I do mean FRIENDS! It’s time for another Missyrose and Pixel Dust trip report. But this isn’t just any trip report, it’s our super romantic, relaxing and all-around fun Disneymoon report.

Let’s back up for a minute, for those of you who don’t remember our TR from last October… Franklin (ever the perfect Prince Charming) proposed one morning at Cinderella’s Royal Table. There was a glass slipper, a beautiful ring, lots of princesses and even more love. If you want to catch up on that morning here’s Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4. It was the perfect moment for a girl who is pretty convinced she’s a Disney princess.

Fast forward to October 2013 and the happy couple was married on the rooftop of the Newseum in downtown Washington before jetting off for the world’s most perfect honeymoon in Disney World and Aruba. You’ll get all of it in this jam-packed report -- a little wedding :bride:, lots of Disney ::MickeyMo and the perfect dash of island life. :beach:

And if you’re wondering where the TR name came from…In the first four days of our marriage Franklin forgot to wear his wedding ring on two of those days. The first time it happened, I panicked that it had fallen off (he’d taken it off to wash his hands in the resort room and forgotten to put it back on). After that, I was more surprised when he had it on than when he didn’t!

But before we get the party started, let’s make some introductions for those who may be new around here.

DSC_1661-L.jpg

That’s me on the right, with the veil. I’m Missy, the 31-year-old Disney-aholic.

To fund my Disney habit, I work as an editor in the sports department of a newspaper in Washington D.C. I love all things sports, pop culture and, of course, The Mouse. My favorite Disney character is Minnie Mouse. My favorite Walt Disney World ride is Big Thunder Mountain. And my favorite Disney snack? Casey’s corndog nuggets.

My partner in crime (and now my loving husband!) is Franklin, a.k.a. Pixel Dust here on the Dis.

He is also 31 and works for an architecture firm to pay the Disney bills. His passions are cars (both the lower-cased cars and the movie “Cars”) and photography (he is who we have to thank for all the beautiful photos in this TR).
Guido from “Cars” is his favorite Disney character. And he could ride Expedition Everest all day if given the chance.

We started going to Disney together in February 2009, this trip marks our eighth together. And we’re the proud owners of three Disney Vacation Club contracts, one at Boardwalk Villas, one at Bay Lake Tower and our newest contract at Villas at the Grand Floridian.
Now that you know the who, let’s give you the rest of the trip data:

When: October 20-25

Where: Yacht Club, Club Level

Why: Because Missy and Franklin got married!

And like many of my previous trip reports, I’ll make you this promise: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, but mainly, you’ll wish you were in Orlando RIGHT NOW! Let’s get this trip started with a wedding!

You can’t start a proper Disneymoon report without at least a few wedding details. Now, all we have are some preview pictures from the photographers. So, we’ll start with an overview for now. But once we get more photos, I’ll let you in on some of the fabulous Disney details that made their way in.

Let’s start at the beginning… of the wedding day, of course! I had all my girls gather in my suite for a fun day of champagne, yummy treats and beautification! I made each one a hoodie with a customized Minnie head on the back.

missyfranklin_preview01-L.jpg

missyfranklin_preview02-L.jpg

Me and my dad.

missyfranklin_preview03-L.jpg

Franklin and his groomsmen. They totally thought they were the Rat Pack in their tuxes, it was adorable.

missyfranklin_preview04-L.jpg

missyfranklin_preview05-L.jpg

Ain’t he cute?

missyfranklin_preview06-L.jpg

During our first look at the hotel.

missyfranklin_preview07-L.jpg

On our way to taking pictures at the Lincoln Memorial

missyfranklin_preview13-L.jpg

And since the girls were in charge of holding my dress up as we walked, the boys were in charge of the bouquets.

missyfranklin_preview12-L.jpg

The extra face was a cut-out of our friend Brian who was supposed to be a groomsman, but had a mandatory event for work that weekend and couldn’t leave Houston. So his lovely wife bought the cutouts so he could still be a part of everything!

missyfranklin_preview14-L.jpg

I had custom Minnie ears made for all of us. I had a bridal bow with a veil and my girls all had bows that matched their bridesmaids dresses.

missyfranklin_preview16-L.jpg

missyfranklin_preview17-L.jpg

The ceremony took place on the terrace of the Newseum, overlooking the Capitol.

missyfranklin_preview20-L.jpg

missyfranklin_preview21-L.jpg

missyfranklin_preview22-L.jpg

missyfranklin_preview23-L.jpg

We have the greatest friends! You might remember a few from previous TRs. Kristin and Dan went with us in October 2010; Kelley, Mike and their twins in Oct. 2011; and Meghan and Laura in May 2013.

missyfranklin_preview24-L.jpg

Toward the end of the night, Franklin and I snuck away with the photographers to take some night time photos. Here we are in the elevator.

missyfranklin_preview25-L.jpg

And just outside the museum.

missyfranklin_preview26-L.jpg

And out on Pennsylvania Avenue.

missyfranklin_preview28-L.jpg

That’s it for the photos we have now. Like I said, there are lots of Disney details from the wedding that I am dying to share with you, but I want to wait until I have photos to show you. So you’ll just have to stay tuned! Until then, on with the Disneymoon!

Missy! I am here! (And hopefully made first comment hehe)

First, congrats congrats congrats!

I am completely obsessed with your dress. So gorgeous and it fits you perfectly!

Love the Minnie hoodies and ears

AHH the Newseum! How perfect! I loved it when I visited, I was thinking about college in DC and went there when I was doing tours. It's awesome.

Great pictures! You guys look so happy! Can't wait to see more and hear about the trip.

:welcome: back, not just Missy but Mrs! ;)

Great start so far! Can't wait to hear ALL about it!!!

:cool1:

So happy for the both of you! I love all the Disney touches to the wedding and all of the wonderful shots in DC for the wedding! Simply beautiful!

Congratulations! We share anniversary dates now. We've been married for 20 years now.

May you embrace the roller coasters of life, keep your eyes filled with dreams to fulfill and many mouseketeers to follow you down Main Street.

I'm here! Missy, you look stunning. Just absolutely breathtaking! I'm glad that you guys were able to find a photographer that took Franklin quality photos! I think with a photographer as a husband, the standards are going to be super high for your wedding photography, and you guys obviously found someone that did a great job capturing you and your friends/family.

Your dress was amazing! It looked great on you and it's just so pretty. Love the little Disney touches you have shown so far. Now on with the report, Disney or bust! :yay::yay::yay:

Beautiful wedding pics so far, I can't wait to see the rest!

So excited that you are starting the TR, but I am still so bummed that it didn't work out for us to meet up!

Hello!! Followed your link from the October group! Gorgeous pictures! Love the sweatshirts and Mouse Ears! Can't wait to read/see more!!

Congrats from a fellow District of Columbian! I live in Woodley Park and work downtown. Great to see another "local" on the boards! Can't wait to read more!

Jennifer

I'm joining of course!

I would have though Franklin lost the ring too!!!!! Glad that wasn't the case, and he simply didn't put it back on before leaving the room.

I commented on your other TR about the wedding, but again, you look beautiful!

Hey everyone!
I'm the other half of this trip report. Thanks for joining in. You guys are in for a real treat. I decided to try some new things with my photos. I won't give anything away, so stick around.

Weird- when I subscribed while on FB it showed a bunch if pages... Now it's just one.... I'm confused..... Oh well... ;) Oh my gosh what a beautiful wedding!!! The capital is a gorgeous back drop!! Sometimes I wish we did something a little more (all I miss is not having professional pictures!) However I must say your dress is elegant and just classically beautiful! The guys don't look so bad in their tuxes either!! The picture of you guys outside the museum (edited after re reading descriptions!) (under the first amendment...) stunning!!! I can't wait to read and see more.... After all how can you go wrong with a Disneymoon!!

Congratulations and welcome back!!! I'm so excited to learn about your trip! Your wedding looks gorgeous and your dress was amazing! I love the national monuments in the backgrounds. Your hoodies are super cute, too! I can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!