VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi groupies!
I thought I would let you know first (since I know there are a few strong opinions here :rolleyes1) They just announced at the D23 event that they are bringing back the original tiki room as part of the 40th Anniversary!

Hi groupies!
I thought I would let you know first (since I know there are a few strong opinions here :rolleyes1) They just announced at the D23 event that they are bringing back the original tiki room as part of the 40th Anniversary!

:cool1::yay:
Nuff said!

Hi all. Back from the beach, had a nice visit. Got to catch up on all the Groupies going ons!

Hi groupies!

Excited as we never saw the original. Thanks for sharing!

Hello everyone! I feel like I've been so out of touch! SOOOO busy at school! But now I have some time. I am having achromioplasty (impressed?) Fancy word for arthoscopic surgery on my right shoulder on Tuesday. I am off until after the surgery to try and catch up on things...like my life! So glad to see the brand new thread! Hoping to be back on a more regular basis!

Good luck with the surgery :goodvibes
Some great news! My eldest is graduating from Clemson's Industrial Engineering program Friday!:dance3: Wish I could say we were flying off to VWL tomorrow instead of NC and would prefer ME to driving 3 hrs to Clemson, but this is a huge accomplishment and not one I'll let myself nor his little brother or sister miss!

Now to figure out the car rental situation in CLT... I heard those airport roads were like a maze - I like mazes, but not when I'm being timed by a return flight. "Turn left at Rental road" (left turn made) ".... recalculating" :headache:

Blossomz, best wishes for an easy surgery and fast recovery. Your shoulder's not required to come visit us here ;) A perfect place to recoop.

Congratulations to the grad!

Hey folks
Wanted to share T and I have been happily wed for 21 yrs today! Its been great!!

Muushka

Check out English Channel on youtube.com May pop up as British Airwaves
New band at UK in Epcot. Will miss British Invasion, but these guys are good. I know your like of music so thought you might enjoy

Oh! I will have to check out the new band. I'm listening to the Beatles as we speak!
Happy Anniversary to Jimmy and Tammy. One very special couple.:love:

Hello everyone...Newbie to this thread here. Hope it is ok to join. We are dvc members and headed to the VWL for the first time in 20 days. So excited!

Hope it's ok to join?:confused3 Joke, right :rotfl2:. Are you kidding, we live for new Groupies!:yay:
Visit often and post pictures often. We really like that!

We had a great time at VGC. We're at John Wayne Airport waiting to board a flight to Vegas. Then it SUV time and away we go around the Grand Canyon.

Happy trails WD! Hope it is awesome.

Hey folks
Wanted to share T and I have been happily wed for 21 yrs today! Its been great!!

Sorry I'm a day late.....wanted to wish you both an awesomely happy Anniversary !!!!!
1746439xf0yo5wqrc1.gif

Got back late last night from the Lodge. Had a wonderful week. It was hot! Record setting temps a couple of days if I'm not mistaken.

My family loved the villas. We were in room 2508. A dedicated 2 bedroom, which faced the bus stop, but we didn't mind as we had a short walk to the room and to everything.

Had some problems at check-in which resulted in the manager putting us in as a cash reservation instead of points, so we had a full cleaning every day. Even though I called housekeeping to tell them we didn't need or want it, every day we came back to a cleaned room. Not sure what the problem was, but it was a couple linked reservations, and maybe that was the problem? Not a big deal, just was strange.

DS enjoyed the Electric Water Parade. We did not get to see the Electric Light Parade at MK. Just didn't work out. But did see the new castle show and Wishes. Spent a lot of time at Epcot and only a few hours at AK. Missed out on some attractions, just never seems to be enough time without running ourselves ragged. DS did ride Tower of Terror with me for the first time. He shook like a leaf! He wanted to ride it, but I'm guessing he won't ride it again for a very long time. His favorite rides this time were Figment and Spaceship Earth, he likes the interactive screen.

DS caught some sort of stomach bug and was a little sick the last day and now here at home. Hopefully he will be better soon, but no school for him tomorrow.

Well, better get the little guy to bed. Hopefully he sleeps and doesn't get sick.

Well Groupies, we're back! What a great stay we had! The weather was wonderful - DDad will say it was too hot.... For the first time ever, we ventured outside the world. We did some outlet shopping, went into Celebration for breakfast and even drove to Clearwater Beach where we spent about 30 minutes and drove back. We had the honor and privilege to be Flag Family and to become acquainted with Ranger Jack.

As luck would have it, we rode the Tron monorail. Believe it or not, Tron is nothing more than big stickers. Here all along we thought it was one pretty spectacular paint job, but up close and personal, it's all just temporary 'enhancements' applied to a pink stripe monorail.

Clarissa, from the pin cart, will be retiring, I believe, next week. Unfortunately we were not able to see her. She was always so very helpful. I would like to have said good-bye to her.

We did not see very much new resort-specific merchandise. I had hoped there would have been more.

We were assigned a corner dedicated studio near the elevator. The room wasn't quite ready for our 2:00 arrival. We stowed our gear with Bell Services, met up with Maria and her family, then headed to the Magic Kingdom.
It was wonderful to finally meet Maria, her DH and DD. We tried to do this a few years ago and it just didn't work out. I hope we have the opportunity to meet again. Great family!

We received a text about 2:45 that our room was ready. I've read reports that the text room ready is hit or miss. It worked for us. Our room was clean and guest ready.

We attended the DVC sales presentation at the TOWL. DDad was the days lucky winner of a Disney gift card - which we immediately spent at the Art of Disney.

Over these next few days, I'll go back through and get caught up on what we've missed. While I thoroughly enjoyed our time in the World, it's always good to be home and back to a normal routine.

Sounds like all of the recent trips home were wonderful. I am knee deep in planning for our trip in 41 days!!!

Thanks for all of the well wishes. It shouldn't be too bad, but can't help feeling nervous!

Excited to here the original Tiki room is returning. Wish they would do the same for the Peoplemover in tomorrow land!

Hi Groupies!

Sorry to have been out of touch, but no better place to be than the VWL! DiznyDi has already filled in the high points. The trip was great, hot, and short! We rented a car for the first time in 5 years and went outside the bubble. I had a need to show DiznyDi what real Florida was like. It also helped orient me as to where we were and where all of the parks and event locations were in comparison to each other (no better way than to get out of the bus and drive it yourself).

A few comments:

We ate at the Yak and Yeti for the first time - glad we did but we probably wont be back; nothing terrible, I just had such a "thing" built up in my head about how great it should be; my head does stuff like that.

We had a good time at the DVC Sales presentation at the TOWL. It was my birthday and somehow I won the $100 gift card.

We visited all of the resorts once again. I just had to see what stage the new Paddock Pool at SSR was in; GF was as grand as always; the Poly was lush and Kona Cafe presented a great meal once again; AKV was wild, with the pool bar very inviting.

Here is our "Groupie Meet" with Maria and family:

DSC00586.jpg

And something I found outside the bubble: powered by Mickey!

DSC00732.jpg

Dad Reckon we could get one of those Mickey power plants for our neck of the woods?:thumbsup2

Well Groupies, we're back! What a great stay we had! The weather was wonderful - DDad will say it was too hot.... For the first time ever, we ventured outside the world. We did some outlet shopping, went into Celebration for breakfast and even drove to Clearwater Beach where we spent about 30 minutes and drove back. We had the honor and privilege to be Flag Family and to become acquainted with Ranger Jack.

It was wonderful to finally meet Maria, her DH and DD. We tried to do this a few years ago and it just didn't work out. I hope we have the opportunity to meet again. Great family!

We received a text about 2:45 that our room was ready. I've read reports that the text room ready is hit or miss. It worked for us. Our room was clean and guest ready.

Yay ! You guys are back ! It was equally wonderful to meet you both ! Maybe next time we can have some more time together or enjoy a meal together ! Glad you had fun---and congrats on DiznyDad winning the gift card. What did you get with it ?!!!

Welcome home to some of my favorite Groupies! Maria, DDad DDi and Nicole!

It sounds like you had a great time, wish I was there.:goodvibes

Nicole, can I assume that the point stuff is all right? Let me know if there are any problems.

DDad, loved that Mickey power thingy!

Welcome back Nicoal, DiznyDi & Disny Dad! Glad everyone had a good time.

Dizny Dad - love the power line picture! That is awesome. :goodvibes

DiznyDi - Planning way far ahead, but I noticed on the vacation list you & your DD will be in the World at the same time we will in Oct. I would love to catch up & say hello if we can work it out.

12 more days til OKW! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

thanks for the updates and pics. Loved the power tower thing. We are doing the countdown dance here:cool1:

Welcome back DiznyDi&Dad! I love that power thingy, we took a picture of it our first time off campus too!

I'm jealous of everyone planning a trip! We leave tomorrow, but we plan to head out yo DHS and see if we can hit a soft opening for Star Tours. This trip was too short!

Zion National Park is great. We're diving to Bryce Canyon and then to Grand Canyon North Rim today. Cell service is non-existent at Zion and wifi is spotty at best. Will post pictures when I can.

They're Back...... Di and Dad, Maria, and Nicoal :cool1:

So glad you all had a wonderful trip Home!

Nicoal hope your little one is feeling better.

DDad Love Love the Mickey power lines.
We always pass it on the way down to visit DD so cool.

franandaj.. Good luck with getting into the soft opening of Star Tours
fill us in when you get back.

WDad I can't wait for your pictures.. Happy Trails ;)

Barb - yes, the points are all ok on my end. I'm not sure what the problem was exactly at check-in. They never really told me. But it seemed to work out, didn't have any problems the rest of the week.

DS seems to be feeling better today. He is home from school, but seems much better.

Getting through all the laundry. We washed while on vacation, but somehow have a bunch of dirty laundry yet.

Starting to think about the next trip...maybe a couple days at WDW and then Vero Beach to relax. Or a cruise, we've never tried cruising.

Dad Reckon we could get one of those Mickey power plants for our neck of the woods?:thumbsup2

Maybe now that all the engineering calculations are completed, FEA is done, permits granted, government approvals made, they might be able to provide one in your neck of the woods. We could never get one here in Ohio. The power company is too busy billing us $30.00 each for a "free" compact fluorescent bulb. What, a Mickey Tower? Hate to think what they would charge for that!

Yay ! You guys are back ! . . . . . . . . and congrats on DiznyDad winning the gift card. What did you get with it ?!!!

DiznyDi decided that I needed some Disney art for my office. She knows that it will always come home after a stay at work. We selected a canvas version of the Disney World Railroad poster. I've always enjoyed steam trains and she thought it would go well in an engineering office. If we would now start using steam to power up all those computers, , , , ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter