VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi jimmytammy:

buttonwdwanniversary.jpg

Sorry this is late. I hope you and DH had a beautiful day!
Congrats!

Hello everyone...Newbie to this thread here. Hope it is ok to join. We are dvc members and headed to the VWL for the first time in 20 days. So excited!

Hello everyone...Newbie to this thread here. Hope it is ok to join. We are dvc members and headed to the VWL for the first time in 20 days. So excited!

Welcome GoofyTraci! Of course it's okay to join us. I hope your stay is magical, and you'll come back and tell us all about it after it is :sad1: over.

Good Morning Groupies:

We are leaving in a little while for Newark airport and by late morning we'll be in FL! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been planning this vacation for 1.5 years and it's finally here. I'm so psyched!!!

GoofyTraci ~ Welcome to the thread and glad to have you with us. It's a great group of members here and I know you'll enjoy it. Happy planning and have a fantastic vacation.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll be checking in from time to time during our vacation.

Welcome to the groupies GoofyTraci! :welcome:

Good Morning Groupies:

We are leaving in a little while for Newark airport and by late morning we'll be in FL! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been planning this vacation for 1.5 years and it's finally here. I'm so psyched!!!

You're likely almost to MCO right about now! Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about it.

We had a great time at VGC. We're at John Wayne Airport waiting to board a flight to Vegas. Then it SUV time and away we go around the Grand Canyon.

Hi groupies!

I'm a little behind here, Happy Anniversary jimmytammy!
I'm sure you must be here by now "I book he pays". We just finished the first half of the Destination D conference. I got some amazing pics and saw two great presentations!

Thank you everyone for welcoming me into the group. Our family is getting so excited about staying at VWL. Anyone have any tips?

Thank you everyone for welcoming me into the group. Our family is getting so excited about staying at VWL. Anyone have any tips?
If you happen to be back at VWL around 9:30pm, go down to the beach closest to VWL (next to the boat rental) and watch the Electric Water Pageant. It passes VWL around 9:35-ish. There are lots of lounge chairs on the beach. You can also see the higher fireworks from Wishes from that same area. Wishes will be at either 9pm or 10pm depending on the day of the week. Just an FYI if you do this, we did get a few bug bites while we were watching the EWP and Wishes.

You can rent surrey bikes or regular bikes and ride to Fort Wilderness and back. You can also do the same trail on foot. We did that last week and saw a group of five deer in the woods along the way. You can also rent a boat and cruise around Bay Lake and even go over to the MK and back.

Allow some time to check out the VWL lobby. There are many special details in that space. My favorites are the carved animals on the support posts around the center of the lobby. The WL lobby is also spectacular. It's a great place to hang out in the evening.

If you like to relax by the pool with an adult beverage, try a Lumberjack from the pool bar. It's WL/VWL's signature drink. It's not on the standardized drink menu but they will make one for you if you ask.

ETA: In general, just take the time to take a good look around. There are amazing details all around you starting with the architecture to design details like the light fixtures, the walkways and flooring, the pictures on the walls, even the elevator doors and the music in the background.

If you happen to be back at VWL around 9:30pm, go down to the beach closest to VWL (next to the boat rental) and watch the Electric Water Pageant. It passes VWL around 9:35-ish. There are lots of lounge chairs on the beach. You can also see the higher fireworks from Wishes from that same area. Wishes will be at either 9pm or 10pm depending on the day of the week. Just an FYI if you do this, we did get a few bug bites while we were watching the EWP and Wishes.

You can rent surrey bikes or regular bikes and ride to Fort Wilderness and back. You can also do the same trail on foot. We did that last week and saw a group of five deer in the woods along the way. You can also rent a boat and cruise around Bay Lake and even go over to the MK and back.

Allow some time to check out the VWL lobby. There are many special details in that space. My favorites are the carved animals on the support posts around the center of the lobby. The WL lobby is also spectacular. It's a great place to hang out in the evening.

If you like to relax by the pool with an adult beverage, try a Lumberjack from the pool bar. It's WL/VWL's signature drink. It's not on the standardized drink menu but they will make one for you if you ask.

ETA: In general, just take the time to take a good look around. There are amazing details all around you starting with the architecture to design details like the light fixtures, the walkways and flooring, the pictures on the walls, even the elevator doors and the music in the background.

thanks so much for this info. I total forgot about the Electrical Water Parade..and I have never seen it in all of my trips to Disney so thanks. But can you tell me more about this Lumberjack drink? Is it a fruity drink? frozen? whats in it? Tell me more please...Thanks

Raphael! We had Raphael as our server last year in January... DD was so very disappointed when he was off on the day we were there for her birthday last month. He made that same face/finger point with her last year! :rotfl:

We have had Raphael as well, he is fun!!!

Hello everyone! I feel like I've been so out of touch! SOOOO busy at school! But now I have some time. I am having achromioplasty (impressed?) Fancy word for arthoscopic surgery on my right shoulder on Tuesday. I am off until after the surgery to try and catch up on things...like my life! So glad to see the brand new thread! Hoping to be back on a more regular basis!

Blossom, hope the surgery went well! :flower3:Hope you will update us soon.

Congratulations Jimmy & Tammy! Wishing you many more happy years together!

:welcome: Goofi Traci!!

Stopher & Horselover, if you have made a plan to meet I would love to try and make it too!

But can you tell me more about this Lumberjack drink? Is it a fruity drink? frozen? whats in it? Tell me more please...Thanks

Yes, please do share more details LisaS! I've never heard of this drink.

Traci - be sure to get the hidden mickey hunt list from the front desk. That's a lot of fun. Be sure to find time to just hang out in those rockers on the front porch of the villas. So inviting! :goodvibes And also take the time to find a hidden nook for yourself in the main lobby. There are many secret spots that you will likely have all to yourself. I'm not telling where mine is! ;) Don't forget to rub Humphrey's nose on the totem pole for a magical trip. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!

Stopher & Horselover, if you have made a plan to meet I would love to try and make it too!

Sending you a PM!

But can you tell me more about this Lumberjack drink? Is it a fruity drink? frozen? whats in it? Tell me more please...Thanks
The Lumberjack is a fruity drink. It is not frozen. My DH says it has rum in it but he doesn't know what else. It is similar to a Mai Tai but a bit different. I ordered one a few years ago just based on the name and ever since it has been a VWL tradition! Even though it is not on the new standardized pool bar menus, a few of the pool bar CMs have been there a while so they know how to make one and actually seem quite happy to do so.

The Lumberjack is a fruity drink. It is not frozen. My DH says it has rum in it but he doesn't know what else. It is similar to a Mai Tai but a bit different. I ordered one a few years ago just based on the name and ever since it has been a VWL tradition! Even though it is not on the new standardized pool bar menus, a few of the pool bar CMs have been there a while so they know how to make one and actually seem quite happy to do so.

Thanks Lisa S. it is on our list on must trys!!!

Lisa...as always, an excellent and informative post. I've quoted the last paragraph here because I think it is probably the single best advice to truly enjoy and appreciate Wilderness Lodge. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter