Voicemail Issue

Which may be true. But posting to “google” it isn’t really helping. Just ignore the post if yuh can’t offer any real help.
Oh, my goodness! Perhaps always starting with the manufacturer, service provider, or company might consistently provide better results? Or locating a technical forum that applies to one's device? I'm surprised that voice mail issues would suddenly become so urgent on a Friday night that it couldn't wait eight hours?

So you want someone to google for you? I suggest taking your own recommendation and ignoring the post if it doesn't offer any "real help".
FWIW, no one even suggested googling until you complained about someone suggesting it (post #8).

NO!!!! Since I has already posted that I DID google it. But found no help in fixing it. And at 10pm I was not going to sit on the phone with tech support trying to get it fixed. I thought if someone here had had the same issue they might know how to fix it. Even if that fix is in fact having to call the carrier.

I guess what it boils down to is the way the "help" is presented. If one was to say, "Hey I don't know, maybe you need to call the carrier" is different than just saying "did you call the carrier" or "did you google it." Like they are the only person to ever think to do that.

I guess what it boils down to is the way the "help" is presented. If one was to say, "Hey I don't know, maybe you need to call the carrier" is different than just saying "did you call the carrier" or "did you google it." Like they are the only person to ever think to do that.
I think you took the suggestion too personally. You can't read tone on a message board. Then you criticized someone who was trying to help you.

I think you took the suggestion too personally. You can't read tone on a message board. Then you criticized someone who was trying to help you.
Maybe. But honestly those types of comments are really that helpful. Sometime you are just looking to see if someone has had the same issue and KNOWS how to fix it. Even if that fix is calling tech support.

FYI- nearly 2 hours on the phone with the carrier and it is still not fixed. I was being transferred to "corporate" but the call disconnected.

They have (supposedly) reset my voice mail twice. Reset the phone settings. Reset the carrier setting. Told me to uninstall an APP that isn't on my phone and never was.

One time a Sprint software update caused me to not be able to answer any phone calls. I'd receive them but be unable to answer them. Uhhh that's kinda an important aspect to a phone. So I googled and searched and searched and found that others were having issues and it seemed to be related to the software update. The reason I couldn't answer any phone calls......pre-set messages that came with the phone when you decline a call (you know like saying "I'm in a meeting, call back later". I guess when the Sprint update occured it caused the phone to not be able to answer phone calls because there were 6 pre-set messages (that I hadn't even touched/used/altered). The suggestion was to delete 1 and get down to 5. Once I did that boom everything worked great.

My husband is quite good with tech but there's no way he would have been able to figure that out without googling and getting into phone/tech internet forums (which is where my googling took me) and if you tell me that someone would have known that off the top of their head..yeah no I don't even know how someone figured that out. I don't think anyone with Sprint could have figured that out unless I got the needle in the haystack employee lol.

A bit of research on your issue pointed to it being a carrier issue for some where switching carriers worked..not sure most people want to do that. Some had no success though.

Have you checked your network settings for any updates to them.

It does kinda seems to be related to Visual Voicemail. Have you tried talking to StraightTalk about de-activating that feature? Not necessarily re-setting voicemail but removing it from being Visual Voicemail especially as you mentioned you're not sure how it got switched to that. Is this something you maybe were paying for on your cell phone bill and didn't realize it?

Another question have you always had an iPhone or did you switch from an Android to an iPhone recently?

A bit of research on your issue pointed to it being a carrier issue for some where switching carriers worked..not sure most people want to do that. Some had no success though.

Have you checked your network settings for any updates to them.

It does kinda seems to be related to Visual Voicemail. Have you tried talking to StraightTalk about de-activating that feature? Not necessarily re-setting voicemail but removing it from being Visual Voicemail especially as you mentioned you're not sure how it got switched to that. Is this something you maybe were paying for on your cell phone bill and didn't realize it?

Another question have you always had an iPhone or did you switch from an Android to an iPhone recently?
Have had this phone for nearly 18 months. Been with ST for two years. I think I remember there being a provider update awhile back but don’t know if it started around the same time. I don’t really get many voicemails and it took me some time to even connect that I’d get the text after a missed call. Only connected it VM yesterday. I’ve paid the same amount for the entire time I’ve had ST.

It is definitely a visual voicemail issue and from what I’ve found Straight Talk doesn’t support it. Still trying to figure out why it started. I’ll have to try calling again and hope they can get me someone to actually help.

At least now that I know the weird text means I have a voicemail I’ll know to check it.

OK, I'm really confused. You don't want ideas on how to fix it, but only guaranteed solutions? I'll keep that in mind.
Not sure that’s what I said. I just don’t find non-help helpful. Saying google it or call tech support is basically saying ask someone else for help. If someone doesn’t know an answer they don’t have to respond. Like I said I was hoping someone else might have had the issue and might have a helpful suggestion.

If some asks how to make a fondue. And I don’t know the answer I’m just going to skip the post. Saying have you googled recipes is not helpful to that person.

Not sure that’s what I said. I just don’t find non-help helpful. Saying google it or call tech support is basically saying ask someone else for help. If someone doesn’t know an answer they don’t have to respond. Like I said I was hoping someone else might have had the issue and might have a helpful suggestion.

If some asks how to make a fondue. And I don’t know the answer I’m just going to skip the post. Saying have you googled recipes is not helpful to that person.
They may not know to google how to make fondue though. I would figure if they knew to they would. It would make so much better sense than asking here.

They may not know to google how to make fondue though. I would figure if they knew to they would. It would make so much better sense than asking here.
Why? I have gotten some great recipes & helpful tips from posts here. Things that one may or may not find googling.

Well, no one said to google it to start with, so I'm not sure why you keep latching on to that.
Second, sometimes "call tech support" IS the correct answer. Sometimes a user (no matter how technically savy) can't fix the problem and it needs to be done on the "back end" by tech support. If I'm asking for help, I'd rather someone throw out a solution even if I know I tried it. And if you notice, the only responses you've gotten so far have been "call tech support" (aside from getting a new phone). So if no one should answer with that, you STILL wouldn't have any answer.

Well, no one said to google it to start with, so I'm not sure why you keep latching on to that.
Second, sometimes "call tech support" IS the correct answer. Sometimes a user (no matter how technically savy) can't fix the problem and it needs to be done on the "back end" by tech support. If I'm asking for help, I'd rather someone throw out a solution even if I know I tried it. And if you notice, the only responses you've gotten so far have been "call tech support" (aside from getting a new phone). So if no one should answer with that, you STILL wouldn't have any answer.
Like I said up thread it is the WAY the advice is presented that makes ALL the difference. At 10pm when they aren't open calling tech support isn't an immediate option.

And so far get a new phone was more helpful than tech support was.

Have had this phone for nearly 18 months. Been with ST for two years. I think I remember there being a provider update awhile back but don’t know if it started around the same time. I don’t really get many voicemails and it took me some time to even connect that I’d get the text after a missed call. Only connected it VM yesterday. I’ve paid the same amount for the entire time I’ve had ST.
Ok yeah I had read where people had issues with switching from iPhone to Android or vice versa when it came to the setting of the type of Visual Voicemail (iPhone vs Android Visual Voicemail)

It is definitely a visual voicemail issue and from what I’ve found Straight Talk doesn’t support it. Still trying to figure out why it started. I’ll have to try calling again and hope they can get me someone to actually help.
Well yeah I could see where that would cause issues with it not being supported. When I looked into the issue I did find something though it was for Verizon. I'm not sure that it's a specific Verizon thing but the person said in their account it had gotten changed from iPhone Visual Voicemail to Android Visual Voicemail when they switched from iPhone to Android and once they got that corrected it fixed the issue. I assume it would work the opposite that if you switched from Android to iPhone that setting could have gotten messed up on the Carrier's side. BUT with it not being supported anyways with Straight Talk that may not be related to it :(

At least now that I know the weird text means I have a voicemail I’ll know to check it.
Yeah at least you know though that's annoying to get it especially if you don't know how to turn it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter