• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VIP/Tiered Rewards to be released soon

Yes, and that's why we all think a "free dining free zone" for VIP DVC would be well worth it!:rotfl: Actually, it's why we now spend more money off site than on when it comes to dining out, and we also are doing a lot more cooking in too. Last trip, I had only 2 ADRS...One at Teppan Edo and one at Turf Club. I thought both had declined in value even since last fall.

Exactly the same with us...we were there for 3 weeks in March and did not eat in one Disney TS. We rented a car for part of time, went to Publix over by the outlets very nice and they also opened a nice Longhorn Steak house over on the road on the way to the outlets and ate at other non Disney off site, we were at SSR so walked to DTD ate there and also walked down to 535(we like to walk!!!) , we even didn't go to the parks as much, too crowded with groups of kids that were there for different events(cheering, dancing, bands etc.) seemed to be tons of them this year and we go the same time every March. But back to food, all getting for what you get overpriced and boring , to make free or even dining plan more attractive... Oh did eat at the new/reopened CS restaurant by POC and at least it was new and different but still like 3 choices of food???? So sad:mad:

For what it's worth, I spoke to my guide last night and asked her about this VIP program. She reiterated (nothing new here) that anything they do will only promote, encourage and reward high point totals (no specific ranges), not "punish" or take anything away from others.
She also said, and stressed this several times, that any sort of program is not "pending", and is very much in the formative stages. I asked if she thought something was coming this year, and she said it's just in the discussion stages, and not one part of any new plan has been agreed upon or signed off on.

She also reassured me that, with my 200 points, I won't be part of the target group!

Again, I know we can take what they say with a grain of salt but she's very forthright and she seemed at least convinced of what she was saying.

For what it's worth, I spoke to my guide last night and asked her about this VIP program. She reiterated (nothing new here) that anything they do will only promote, encourage and reward high point totals (no specific ranges), not "punish" or take anything away from others.
She also said, and stressed this several times, that any sort of program is not "pending", and is very much in the formative stages. I asked if she thought something was coming this year, and she said it's just in the discussion stages, and not one part of any new plan has been agreed upon or signed off on.

She also reassured me that, with my 200 points, I won't be part of the target group!

Again, I know we can take what they say with a grain of salt but she's very forthright and she seemed at least convinced of what she was saying.

Frankly, I don't think the guides are particularly in on the planning stages. I think it's higher up, and I only HOPE your guide was right about that. If she was, then I think they are seeing it as an incentive to add on. It kind of makes sense too....Take away benefits from those who buy resale first...THEN add incentives to current members to buy more points directly.

Doesnt sound like the guide is offering anything that conveys knowledge of a vip plan, pending or otherwise.

Has anyone heard any kind of timetable for a proposed tiered system? Or is even that just speculation at this point. Remember, JL said we would have online booking "by the end of the year" at least 4 years ago....I'm still waiting to see it.

Has anyone heard any kind of timetable for a proposed tiered system? Or is even that just speculation at this point. Remember, JL said we would have online booking "by the end of the year" at least 4 years ago....I'm still waiting to see it.

According to Disney Management, online booking is currently being tested and if everything goes well they hope to go online in August.

The tiered system is still being discussed in meetings and they are looking at the pros and cons. Bottom line is, what will it cost and how much revenue will it bring in. They do not intend to reduce perks or benefits to members who do not qualify for the program.

:earsboy: Bill

Would love to know your source!!! :thumbsup2

According to Disney Management, online booking is currently being tested and if everything goes well they hope to go online in August.

The tiered system is still being discussed in meetings and they are looking at the pros and cons. Bottom line is, what will it cost and how much revenue will it bring in. They do not intend to reduce perks or benefits to members who do not qualify for the program.

I'm not sure how you know this to be fact, but since we don't have anything else even close to this definitive, I'll take your word for it.

Interesting that you think it will be something to generate revenue. That means the perks COULD be pretty heavy ones.

The tiered system is still being discussed in meetings and they are looking at the pros and cons...
If this is the case, then it is quite possible our conversation may be introduced into the mix (at least in summary). :thumbsup2

Although we do not represent a large cross section of DVC members, we are a good source for "taking the temperature" for programs and initiatives, and it is probable Disney uses our input (on many topics) as a barometer and unofficial pole.

P.S. I wonder how we can get the standard DIS acronyms into the spell check dictionary. Many DVC related ones still show as errors (DVC, SSR, BCV, ROFR, etc). BLT doesn't, but the spell check probably thinks it is a sandwich instead of a a vacation resort :lmao:

P.S. I wonder how we can get the standard DIS acronyms into the spell check dictionary. Many DVC related ones still show as errors (DVC, SSR, BCV, ROFR, etc). BLT doesn't, but the spell check probably thinks it is a sandwich instead of a a vacation resort :lmao:

You can add words to the spell check. Once added, they won't get flagged.

I was told the same thing and Mickey told me. ;) well acutally he sent me an email then called me. Full disclosure and all.

Would love to know your source!!! :thumbsup2

I bet you would. :goodvibes

Here is another one. :teacher:
DVC and their business partner, Disney Resorts are really taking a hard look at what they can do to improve the Mousekeeping issue. According to Deep Throat, :chat: upper management didn't realize that the problems were so wide spread because no one told them. :scared1:
Compared to the number of reservations booked, reported Mousekeeping and Maintenance issues are a very small percentage and well within industry norms.

Bottom line is if you have a problem with anything, send a email to the DVC Satisfaction Team, which is also known as the DVC Executive Offices.

Their email address is: dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

I'm not sure how you know this to be fact, but since we don't have anything else even close to this definitive, I'll take your word for it.

Interesting that you think it will be something to generate revenue. That means the perks COULD be pretty heavy ones.

At the corporate level it's all about the return on their investment. You might be able to put a program in place of it doesn't cost anything or very little. If the program generates additional revenue due to additional sales, then it may happen.

DVC doesn't have a budget for extras and perks, only DVD does. All of the Member events are put on by DVD Marketing, not the DVC. Mailings to the Members are either paid for by DVD or our dues.

I bet you would. :goodvibes

Here is another one. :teacher:
DVC and their business partner, Disney Resorts are really taking a hard look at what they can do to improve the Mousekeeping issue. According to Deep Throat, :chat: upper management didn't realize that the problems were so wide spread because no one told them. :scared1:
Compared to the number of reservations booked, reported Mousekeeping and Maintenance issues are a very small percentage and well within industry norms.

Bottom line is if you have a problem with anything, send a email to the DVC Satisfaction Team, which is also known as the DVC Executive Offices.

Their email address is: dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Because for some reason people want to wait until the trip is over and come here and complain about the condition of their room instead of letting someone know about it then.

Because for some reason people want to wait until the trip is over and come here and complain about the condition of their room instead of letting someone know about it then.

Even if members contact the resort staff and have their issues resolved, they should still contact the DVC Satisfaction Team so that a record of what transpired is generated. Disney Resorts is the DVC's contracted provider and if we don't let the DVC know about problems at the resorts, DVC management assumes that the resorts are doing a great job.

Even if members contact the resort staff and have their issues resolved, they should still contact the DVC Satisfaction Team so that a record of what transpired is generated. Disney Resorts is the DVC's contracted provider and if we don't let the DVC know about problems at the resorts, DVC management assumes that the resorts are doing a great job.

I think this is a valid point. During our last stay we had a few minor issues with our room; no TV remote (???), broken luggage stand and the 3rd I can't even remember. We contacted the hotel and they resolved within 20-30 minutes.

In previous stays we've had bigger issues such as rooms not cleaned, wet carptest, moldy showers, etc. that have also been resolved by the resort.

As such, I've never contacted member satisfaction because the issue was resolved. So, my experience wasn't problem free, but DVC thinks it was. I don't know that I've ever had a 100% issue free stay. There's always something minor that isn't a big deal to us that is wrong/missing. Simple things usually such as burnt out lights, missing remotes, too few towels.

But, if I stop and compare that to my hotel stays. I rarely have those same minor issues at a hotel. So, while I don't let them bother me - they still do happen more than when I travel outside of DVC and probably should be making DVC aware so they know.

True, I always do both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter