VIP/Tiered Rewards to be released soon

jcf

DIS Veteran
according to my guide...I would love unlimited fast passes or express lane since I am trapped in the school calendar :banana:

according to my guide...I would love unlimited fast passes or express lane since I am trapped in the school calendar :banana:
That would be of no value to me. I only do a select few attractions, and the ones we do go on we like the storyline of the queue.

MG

I thought JL said something similar to that back at the last annual meeting.

It will be interesting to see what they do, but I think folks who are looking for a reward for "loyalty" might have a different definition of "loyalty" than DVC does. For most companies, "loyalty" means "What have you done for me, LATELY?"

I expect the VIP thing to be another incentive for people to purchase direct from DVD -- both original purchasers and add-ons. I can't think of any other action that would be of any benefit to DVC/DVD.

Another big question is what is their definition of "benefit"...most of the "benefits" (perks) DVC has offered up are of little interest to me or my family...and maybe the biggest question of all is where the "line" will be drawn to define loyalty...some astronomical number of points, like 1000? (I000 points seems astronomical to me!) Will points you already own (even if purchased direct) count or will it have to be newly-acquired (probably thru Disney) points?

Can't wait to see what's next...maybe it'll be like free internet or the $100 discount on APs...those are both benefits that I value a lot. The 10% discounts to shows in NYC, tho...not so much!

I'm guessing that the only points that will count will be direct and I'm also guessing any perk offered won't be half as good as people hope (ie. the OP).

As long as they don't take something away from the rest of us to give to people with more points, I don't really care what perks they may give them. I will be livid if they undermine the rest of us with better booking windows or something like that.

Will be interested to see what counts for those of us who may have two contracts that are not titled the same. I have one with DH for 220 at OKW and one with just my name for 150. Bought the third contract at BCV but put it in daughter's name so that doesn't count although I am listed as an associate and am the one who uses the points most often. In DVC terms I have 370 with my name as owner and depending on what they do with this I may wish I had put my name on the third contract also.

... I can't think of any other action that would be of any benefit to DVC/DVD.

How about referrals? I've had a few friends buy DVC at my recommendation. It's great getting the reward dollars, but I suspect referrals may be a part of the loyalty program.

How about referrals? I've had a few friends buy DVC at my recommendation. It's great getting the reward dollars, but I suspect referrals may be a part of the loyalty program.

Yes, that was my question too, but since we live in a state where we aren't allowed to get referral bonuses, it would do me no good at all. Even though I just sent friends down there and they got the "family and friends" discount when they purchased using our referral.

As long as they don't take something away from the rest of us to give to people with more points, I don't really care what perks they may give them. I will be livid if they undermine the rest of us with better booking windows or something like that.

How much do you want to bet there will be some sort of tiered discount on closing costs for add-ons.popcorn::

if they would award unlimited FP to all members (and their guests) the FP lanes would no longer be 'fast';)...that's alot of extra potential bodies that could all swarm an attraction at once & throw the sytem out of whack.

i submit for Mr Lewis' consideration a 20% discount on both AP & non-AP ticket media (even if just for the DVC owners vs family/guests)

however, with the sudden rush of emails i've been getting from my guide after a long dry spell:rolleyes:have a feeling it'll be nothing more than a promo tied to buying more points.

At the condo meeting, Jim Lewis specifically stated that referrals would count toward participation in this program. No additional details given, though.

Yes, that was my question too, but since we live in a state where we aren't allowed to get referral bonuses, it would do me no good at all. Even though I just sent friends down there and they got the "family and friends" discount when they purchased using our referral.

I believe that state laws typically prohibit cash payouts associated with a timeshare purchase. I don't see anything which would prohibit DVC from granting a series of non-cash perks and benefits to those who refer new business.

That's one reason I believe DVC has pursued this so aggressively. They know that a good portion of the membership has nothing to gain from referrals. Residents of Michigan, Texas, Minnesota, Tennessee and many others are excluded from the current reward program.

Sure DVC's goal is to sell more but if they can creatively reward more members in the process, so much the better. JL actually seemed pretty excited about the whole thing during the brief mention at the annual meeting. Here's hoping it isn't a big letdown.

JL actually seemed pretty excited about the whole thing during the brief mention at the annual meeting. Here's hoping it isn't a big letdown.

I'm putting my money on the big letdown. I try to manage my DVC expectations, so if it is super duper, I'll be pleasantly suprised and if not I won't have not have to start a "I'm unhappy" thread here. :rotfl2:

I got a letter from DVC when one of my neighbors did the tour last summer. Couldn't think of who it was until she said she used us as a referral, totally forgot the girls use there dad's name and mom has gone back to her maiden name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter