VIDEO: Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Tour

Okay, seeing this video how did Disney not make this some type of new resort classification (moderate plus, deluxe lite) with that entrance, bar, restaurant? I know the rooms in the tower are more than the original rooms, but they could have jacked that price up another $100-$150 a night with a different classification and people would pay it.

Even though my wife and I are DVC members, we will by trying a room for a night or two in 2021.

Very nicely done, @Teleclashter , thanx. You're right - there is some beautiful artwork and design at this place, and I also adore the Walt/Mickey piece in the lobby! And the room is nicely expansive, like you said. Love all the small Disney touches - still there, although blended into the elegance. Very nicely integrated indeed.

I'm curious (if you know) what the stand alone toiletries were in the bathroom (all I could tell was body lotion) especially since the shampoo/conditioner were in the dispenser in the shower? And what was the 3rd dispenser in the shower - shampoo, conditioner, and ???"? Thanx.

If Corey had been wearing a red and white striped shirt, we all could have played "Where's Corey?" :)

Last edited:
this hotel looks way too fancy and bedazzled for me (like they woldn't let me in the front door) - but compared to what they charge for Deluxe resorts, this seems to be at somewhat reasonable pricing

wonder how longs that lasts

I'm curious (if you know) what the stand alone toiletries were in the bathroom (all I could tell was body lotion) especially since the shampoo/conditioner were in the dispenser in the shower? And what was the 3rd dispenser in the shower - shampoo, conditioner, and ???"? Thanx.

There was a hand lotion, mouthwash, aloe gel, bar of soap, shower cap and one other item that I can't remember - I think it was a sewing kit.

I saw a video last night showing the new television apps. for this hotel only (at this time). It has on-demand limited Disney movies, mobile linking, restaurants onsite and hours (no menu) and park opening/closing times with some schedules (e.g. fireworks). It was not a loop, but on-demand which is nice.

After watching other video reviews, I have to say that I thought that Craig did the best job capturing the overall experience from your entry into the hotel to the views from the roof. We stayed at CSR resort in May, and I was very impressed with the resort as a whole. The tower takes it to a new level.

Hopefully in this review it doesn't come across like it did on the podcast that this isn't a separate resort from the rest of Coronado spring. The original lobby had been closed and transferred over to the new building.

I feel like this addition is a game changer and I hope to see more of the DELUXE resorts getting these type of upgrades ( the elevators, the tvs, dining options ) as well as more mods. We recently stayed at YC and aside from maybe the size ( I don't know the sq. footage is of the Gran Destino rooms are ) and that there are no balconies or patios - this looks and feels like a deluxe. The rooms are about 100.00 more than the standard room at CS ( I looked May 2020 ) and for that money, I'm in!

After seeing the video we emailed our Dreams agent and booked our 2020 Spring Break trip choosing the Gran Destino tower for our 2020 Spring Break trip over Pop (our go to resort) and the Skyliner. Gran Destino was about $500 more. Hope we made the right choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter