VGC ROFR rumor

Based on the ROFR report the highest they bought back was at $175 a point. $180 was close enough for them. I guess anything over $200 pp would pass.
We bought our first VGC contract back in October, 160 pts for $202/pt that passed. Fingers crossed that $200 line holds, would like to get a few more VGC points before the price climbs even more!

Based on the ROFR report the highest they bought back was at $175 a point. $180 was close enough for them. I guess anything over $200 pp would pass.
Disney’s ROFR absolute ceiling seems to be ~65% of direct pricing for most resorts. That’s $182 at current direct prices and $192 after the upcoming price increase.

Wow. $225-ish seems to be the average listing price now. Such a huge swing in 6-7 months.
It’s getting ever closer to where you’re better off just paying cash through Disney. Remember that both GCH and DLH have 1 and 2 bedroom non-DVC rooms and depending on the time of year it already is occasionally cheaper to get a suite that way. The higher it gets the harder it is for me to believe it holds its pricing when DHV comes online.

Honest question what has shown they are not thinking ahead with DVC side of things?
Nothing specifically... I would have to assume and hope that any organization this large is. I get the sense however that there is still concern and internal debate though regarding the best path forward.

We just passed ROFR on a Grand Californian contract on Friday. It looks like this rumor was incorrect.
Thrilled to hear it! Mind sharing your points & price per point? Trying to figure out their “bottom”. We just submitted a VGC contract today to ROFR, 75 pts at $215/pt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter