VGC Owners Confirmed Reservations

Ok this is crazy I am on a waitlist for Dec 6 too. I actually have a 1 bedroom booked, but I want the studio instead.. But I can live the 1 bedroom, just didn't want to use that many points... Good luck to all of us trying to get it..

Is the 6th an expected night for the Candlelight Processional? Or did everyone just think it would be slow?!?! :rotfl:

I hope that everyone get's their waitlists!!

Yesterday I booked a studio for June 8-12, 2010 for my BD celebration!

Is the 6th an expected night for the Candlelight Processional? Or did everyone just think it would be slow?!?! :rotfl:

I hope that everyone get's their waitlists!!

Yes, it should be the second night of the CP and since it's a Sunday, fewer points than Sat 12/5, which should be the first CP night. We didn't try for 12/5 since we plan to be in DT LA that night at Mary Poppins!

If we don't get the GCV for 12/6, we will either stay PP if there is a good cash rate or just stay at the Sheraton. -- Suzanne

Just booked a studio for Sept 28th through Oct 1st.

We didn't try for 12/5 since we plan to be in DT LA that night at Mary Poppins!

Mary Poppins?? I would LOVE to see Mary Poppins... Where do you get the tickets?

Yes, it should be the second night of the CP and since it's a Sunday, fewer points than Sat 12/5, which should be the first CP night. We didn't try for 12/5 since we plan to be in DT LA that night at Mary Poppins!

If we don't get the GCV for 12/6, we will either stay PP if there is a good cash rate or just stay at the Sheraton. -- Suzanne

Sounds like a fun weekend! Have you been to CP before? Is it really crazy trying to get a good view?

Sounds like a fun weekend! Have you been to CP before? Is it really crazy trying to get a good view?
The dinner package(includes reserved seats and is available at I believe three different restaurants) is the way to go if you want a guarenteed view, otherwise it can be very crazy.

My Birthday is June 9th. I would like to go but the DGDs are in school for another week (and I am in trouble already for taking them on a cruise in Nov.:confused3)

Thank you stampinshauna
I am SOOO excited as I love Mary Poppins (never seen the play) and I love the Grand Californian!!!
oh me too, me too
I have never seen the play either, but I loved Beauty and the Beast. Haven't seen Lion King yet, but would like too. But I know I will LOVE Mary Poppins.
I loved Wicked too. Saw that in LA AND San Francisco.

Just booked a studio for Sept 28th through Oct 1st.

We'll see you there! I just booked another stay for a 2br lockoff Sept 27-30...we ended up adding on 50 more GCV points as well.

Our guide indicated that they are trying real hard to sell out the GCV...

Yea! I got a studio for Feb. 11 and 12th!!! :cool1:It's for my birthday and my DD's. I called this weekend when the 7 month window opened. I was so anxious I kept waking up! We were staying in a cabin at the Grand Canyon- no cell service- so at 6 a.m. I walked in my pj's to a payphone at the lodge!

DH is mystified as to why I want to spend so many points on a studio, LOL. But I am sooooooo excited! We are DLR regulars, but when we do stay onsite it has always been the DL Hotel- never the Grand Cal. I love, love, love the Grand Californian so I am thrilled!

It is going to be at the Ahmanson Theater from Nov 13-Jan 10. Tickets are here:
http://www.centertheatregroup.org/tickets/productiondetail.aspx?id=5982
We are making a trip so see it in Jan and that is when we get to try out VGC. I am SOOO excited as I love Mary Poppins (never seen the play) and I love the Grand Californian!!!

Shauna- you will LOVE MP- I just saw it on Broadway with the special D23 tour. It's a bit different from the movie (if you watch the DVD with the Broadway info) but it is COMPLETELY magical!!!!

Really hoping I'll be able to book GCV next summer- it looks like it will be amazing!!!!:worship:

I just booked 2/11-2/14 and got the 1-bdrm that I requested!!!:woohoo: I must say I was surprised I got exactly what I wanted. That is Valentine's and I think a holiday weekend.

Who and when do I call to request a particular view???

Booked GV for two nights in February (14-15) with VGC points for a "family reunion" (the first time my DSis and cousin and I went to DL together was 1968 - we'll all be back there together in Feb!). Secured these nights during the two week "home resort" window in June. Had to wait until today to complete the ressie until 7 months out. No problems getting a third night in GV, then moving to a 2-bedroom for the rest of the week (cousin and family going home to San Jose).

Can't wait to check out the GV! I'll be borrowing my 2010 pts, but it will be worth it to all be together.

I called on July14th and wasnt able to get a studio for the 14th of February through the 19th...

but then I called the next day July 15th and got the 15th through 19th of February, I hadnt even realized that the 14th was V-Day and the whole love weekend thingy....

I just wanted to go for our Mid Winter Recess break...we did get a room last year for the same dates at AKV...and then I didnt even realize it was VDay...

...well anyway I have got four days to play and stay in California and it will be our first time ever on the west coast.

I did waitlist for the 14th, but at this point it doesnt matter bc I am going to California:laughing:anyway you put it...with or without the 14th:wizard:

another oversight on my part...yeah see I didn't even remember that day was a holiday as well!!! But at least im in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter