VGC Owners Confirmed Reservations

Confirmed a Studio for Dec 3 & 4 ... just me. Our first family trip won't be til Fall 2010 so that's all I needed this morning. Wait time was about 15 min.

My alarm (iPhone) failed me, and so did the backup system (one year old who wakes up early every day but today). So I called only moments ago assuming that all my fellow DVCers would have filled the place. Luckily we got our first choice: :dance3:

GCV_Ressie.gif

Looking so forward to this little trip. I hope that California Adventure isn't in too horrible of shape from the construction when we get there... we actually love that park, despite it's relative unpopularity with most Disneyphiles. :yay:

Called shortly after 6am and had about a 5 minute wait.
No problem getting 1 bdrm for Feb 14-17.:thumbsup2

Wow, I called at around 9 AM PST and got right in. No waiting on hold at all!

Anyway, I got two separate 3 night stays, one in December (Christmas!) and one in March (our 5 year anniversary, awww).

The CM I talked to was really sweet. She said as soon as the phones turned on, "they lit up like a Christmas tree!" LOL! She said she looked and at one point, 120 people were on HOLD!!!! Crazy! But she also said it kinda tapered off quickly.

I'm so excited! Yay Disneyland! Now only if our lithographs or whatever would come!!

Just got off the phone at 9:30 PST...only 2 minute wait. Booked 3 day stay at 2BR the week before Christmas!

We can't wait!

W

Easy smeesy! I was up at 5:45AM and at 6:00 AM booked a Grand Villa at end of Sept. for two nights and a dedicated two bedroom for December 1-3!

I was up at 6:00 A.M. Got all the dates I wanted. :banana:

Opening day- studio

Oct 30-Nov 1- studio

Dec 23-25- 1 bdrm

Dec 31- studio

Feb 13-15- studio.

I will also be booking 4th of July when the 11 month window opens. Also may change the Feb visit once I know when WOC opens.

Got my reservations quick and easy with no wait time at all! Nice to see all you west coasters up early for VGC. I live only twenty minutes away from DLR! Got my ressie for opening night in a studio and a grand villa for a couple nights in Jan for my DW's birthday! Did anyone from the east coast make a call today? Gonna be so excited to see you all on opening day. Whoever gets a grand villa should let us all in to take a little peek. LOL

I got a Grand Villa at the end of September! I will definitely do a live report with pics!

Did anyone from the east coast make a call today? Gonna be so excited to see you all on opening day. Whoever gets a grand villa should let us all in to take a little peek. LOL

Yes! :thumbsup2 Opening night for us, too. :) :woohoo:

This went a lot smoother than when BLT/THV opened (for reservations). :)

Called about 9:15 am (west coast) and asked for 1 bedroom on Thurs. April 29 - Sun. May 1. NO wait time or hassles !! So nice not to wake up at the crack of dawn to make a ressie! Usually do it for Dec. @ WDW. Looking forward to the first of many
weekend getaways!!

Edlyn from So. Cal
VGC - 2010
BCV - 2008
BCV - 2007
BCV - 2005

Got a studio for 12/5-12/9 at about 6:30 am, no wait and an AWESOME CM! Such a breeze, it almost seemed too easy! Now on to booking airfare! So excited to celebrate my baby boy's 1st Bday at Disneyland!

It was really easy to book this morning. I asked the CM about view options for the VGC and there was disney california adventure view or street view. I chose the park view. I thought the villas were always park view. Did we ever find out where our villas are located and on what floor?

Is there an observation area to watch the woc show and do they limit it to members similar to limiting it to the BLT guests? Do we have to park across the street or can we park in the underground garage?

Got a studio for 12/5-12/9 at about 6:30 am, no wait and an AWESOME CM! Such a breeze, it almost seemed too easy! Now on to booking airfare! So excited to celebrate my baby boy's 1st Bday at Disneyland!

Hey there neighbor (60 miles west of Spokane) we too are DVC members at the Grand and can't wait for our trip in a 2 bedroom for 6 days come Jan. with our girls DD2 DD12. Have a great time on your sons birthday in December. Let us all know what you think of the villas (we bought sight unseen so we are wondering).

It was really easy to book this morning. I asked the CM about view options for the VGC and there was disney california adventure view or street view. I chose the park view. I thought the villas were always park view. Did we ever find out where our villas are located and on what floor?

Is there an observation area to watch the woc show and do they limit it to members similar to limiting it to the BLT guests? Do we have to park across the street or can we park in the underground garage?

I heard from my guide that the villas were either pool view or park (pier area) view so it will be very interesting when people start staying there to see what they have to say. I sure hope we don't have street views - you would think for as much as we have to pay we would have better views than that.:confused3
There is an observation area on the roof to watch the woc show but I think it might be available to all the Grand guests. As far as parking I did hear there was underground parking but I do not know if it is available for us to use or if they are only using it for the valet.

I called in right at 6am and was the first call for the CM! Very easy!:thumbsup2 This will be our first ever DVC trip.

We'll be HOME Nov. 15 - 20th in a dedicated 2bd room, for my birthday Yeah!:cool1:

Can't wait to hear all about Opening Day and everyone's trip suggestions before mine.:yay:

Set my phone to wake me up at 5:45. Called at exactly 6:OO AM I was my CM's first call this morning. Got everything I wanted. I am going 3- 2day trips, and 2- 3 day trips. 1 in a one bedroom, the rest in Studio. CM was so nice. Very easy, Much easier than when I booked the SSR. I am so excited. Now If I can only find a faster way down than 6 hours in a car. But it is longer to fly by the time we drive to 2 hours to an airport, get there early, the flight and the shuttle to the hotel, we might as well drive... Speed train from Northern California down to DL.... Oh Yea:banana:

We got through in no time at all this morning! I think the total time for the call was less than ten minutes.

Got our reservations in a one bedroom unit from Sept. 30 through Oct. 3. We are already staying at the Grand Californian on Developer Points from Sept. 26 through the 30th, so the early opening of the DVC units was a perfect excuse to stay a few more nights and be among the first to experience the magic on the villas!

:thumbsup2

did anyone else feel like there just wasn't really any drama with the first morning of reservations today? everything went so smoothly--my recollection was that when some of the other DVCs opened there was a lot of unhappy people and grumbling.

could it be because GCV is so small?

I have never been in on the first of a resort except for this one. And I thought it was wonderful. I was SO dreading this morning. I thought I would be on hold for hours. It took maybe 10 minutes.
I remember when the Disney Magic came out to the West Coast for the first time, and I was on hold for Way over an hour to book it. So I thought It would be this way, and I was so pleasantly suprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!