Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I had it as well. I liked it, and finished it (which, for me is actually rare for something with a bit of spice), but I do wish they would have grilled the zuch a bit longer (and when I got it, it only have one largish slice of zuch). I think I would go to Docking Bay instead next time, but If I wanted something quick, it'll do.

Thanks! Do you think it was worth the price? Looks like they are about $12, which seems like a lot for pita, three slices of zucchini, and some sauce.
I mean, worth the price is kind of subjective. It was worth it to me at that point because it was my first trip to Galaxy’s Edge, I wanted to try everything I could there, and I’m a huge Star Wars fan. was it worth it for the food alone? Probably not, but that applies to almost all the food at Disney. Now that I’ve had it once would I pay for it again? I wouldn’t go out of my way but if I was in Galaxy’s edge and didn’t want to walk elsewhere, yes. But I wouldn’t really plan my day around eating there.

Ok, just back from a quick October 1st trip. We stayed at GF and went to MK and EPCOT. At GF, there are several good selections but they are limited. In 'Cove shop, they have soy and almond milk, and the standard Disney snacks that are vegan/allergy friendly. I really wish their grab and go section of the store had more healthy plant based options. The offerings at the Grill aren't bad, but my Impossible burger there came with just "cheese" and no fixin's, chips were tasty (BTW toppings usually do come with it, so ask if yours doesn't). Oatmeal in the morning was good; added a banana and dark chocolate myself to make it better. I still really wish they would make plant based options more available without having to modify or ask, and is is too much to beg for a salad at the quick service that is plant based?

Anywho, the star of the whole trip was Grand Floridian Cafe. The avocado toast was fantastic (you have to like basil to really like it, as the light dressing on the toast and tomatoes had a strong basil flavor that I really enjoyed) AND they made me a custom salad on request. I asked our lovely waitress is they could just make me a side salad of greens and put olive oil and vinegar on. She said sure, but that they had a vegan apple dressing, would I rather have that? Yup. They brought me out a huge bowl of greens, with tomato and cucumber. All of it was top notch. EDIT to add: the apple crisp dessert was worth the wait, and served piping hot.

At the parks, the vegan fish and chips at the Pub (or Rose and Crown dining room) was great. I went in the Pub and ordered, it only took around 10 min, and it was fresh and yummy, the tartar really made it. The vegan chocolate mousse at Sunshine Seasons was nice too.

The crepe stand in France was a disaster; they had no vegan batter made up (and take note; they have to make even the buckwheat batter vegan, as they changed the recipe, so make sure not to just order off the menu thinking they are vegan), and they kept telling me it was about ready and I waited and waited and waited, until I finally had to give up and leave without my berry crepe, after I had already paid. They made up for it with anything I wanted to drink and I took bottles of water. What ya gonna do?

Ok, just back from a quick October 1st trip. We stayed at GF and went to MK and EPCOT. At GF, there are several good selections but they are limited. In 'Cove shop, they have soy and almond milk, and the standard Disney snacks that are vegan/allergy friendly. I really wish their grab and go section of the store had more healthy plant based options. The offerings at the Grill aren't bad, but my Impossible burger there came with just "cheese" and no fixin's, chips were tasty (BTW toppings usually do come with it, so ask if yours doesn't). Oatmeal in the morning was good; added a banana and dark chocolate myself to make it better. I still really wish they would make plant based options more available without having to modify or ask, and is is too much to beg for a salad at the quick service that is plant based?

Anywho, the star of the whole trip was Grand Floridian Cafe. The avocado toast was fantastic (you have to like basil to really like it, as the light dressing on the toast and tomatoes had a strong basil flavor that I really enjoyed) AND they made me a custom salad on request. I asked our lovely waitress is they could just make me a side salad of greens and put olive oil and vinegar on. She said sure, but that they had a vegan apple dressing, would I rather have that? Yup. They brought me out a huge bowl of greens, with tomato and cucumber. All of it was top notch. EDIT to add: the apple crisp dessert was worth the wait, and served piping hot.

At the parks, the vegan fish and chips at the Pub (or Rose and Crown dining room) was great. I went in the Pub and ordered, it only took around 10 min, and it was fresh and yummy, the tartar really made it. The vegan chocolate mousse at Sunshine Seasons was nice too.

The crepe stand in France was a disaster; they had no vegan batter made up (and take note; they have to make even the buckwheat batter vegan, as they changed the recipe, so make sure not to just order off the menu thinking they are vegan), and they kept telling me it was about ready and I waited and waited and waited, until I finally had to give up and leave without my berry crepe, after I had already paid. They made up for it with anything I wanted to drink and I took bottles of water. What ya gonna do?
So glad you liked the GFC. It's on our must-do list for WDW trips--sometimes must-do twice since not only is the avocado toast awesome, but the miso-glazed tofu is super delicious (note: you must ask for this--it's not on the menu, but they always make it).

GFC, R&C (for the vegan fish & chips), and Y&Y (for the sweet and sour tofu--also not on the menu but you can ask for it) are our faves.

i guess I won't be going to the creperie. Thanks for the heads-up.

i guess I won't be going to the creperie. Thanks for the heads-up.
I have a feeling you could ask at the window if they have the vegan batter already made up, if they do, go for it. I've seen some pics of the vegan berry crepe and it looks good, it's possible I just went at a really bad time. I don't know if this is accurate, but I read they can't keep the vegan batter constantly on hand because it doesn't "keep" like the regular batter, however, if someone else has ordered it before you, it may be good to go.

Yeah, I’d expect more than one menu item from the sponsor. Look at the confectionery in MK…

Hopefully they make a significant number of menu items with impossible. Or even just make all the burgers vegan other than the patty and ask you when ordering if you want the impossible patty and/or vegan cheese. I don’t expect them to do that though it’d be nice.

On the subject of Impossible.... I feel like most of the plant based options on menus are moving toward this, as opposed to actual veggie-composed products (if that makes sense?) Understanding it is probably so much easier and cost effective to just swap out this one core ingredient to better mimic the meat-based menu - but does anyone know where on property to find a really good actual "veggie" burger?

Does anyone know what brand plant based sausage Disney is using these days? I know Restaurantosaurus now has the Impossible sponsorship, but does that mean all fake/plant meat is Impossible? I only ask because I'm partial to Beyond Sausage, particularly their brats.

Also I agree with the above poster, I do enjoy a good actually veggie burger sometimes. I would also be interested to know which places serve them, especially any black bean burgers.

I'm not aware of any restaurant in the parks that serve an actual veggie burger any more (or the resorts), I'm not as sure about Disney Springs. I could be wrong, for sure, but it's been a long time since I've seen any mention of anything other than Beyond or Impossible.

I'm not aware of any restaurant in the parks that serve an actual veggie burger any more (or the resorts), I'm not as sure about Disney Springs. I could be wrong, for sure, but it's been a long time since I've seen any mention of anything other than Beyond or Impossible.
ts been more than a year since I ate there, but the last time I dined at Beaches and Cream, they had a veggie burger

ts been more than a year since I ate there, but the last time I dined at Beaches and Cream, they had a veggie burger
vegandisneyfood has it listed now as an Impossible Burger in their latest B&C review (earlier reviews on vegandisneyfood and vegandisney world has it listed as a Beyond). Did they have a different one you could request maybe? I think what people are after are like an actual veggie burger like a black bean burger, instead of fake meat.

vegandisneyfood has it listed now as an Impossible Burger in their latest B&C review (earlier reviews on vegandisneyfood and vegandisney world has it listed as a Beyond). Did they have a different one you could request maybe? I think what people are after are like an actual veggie burger like a black bean burger, instead of fake meat.
No, I just ordered the one off the menu. It was not Beyond or Impossible (which I eat a lot of at home). But as I mentioned, it was more than a year ago, so it sounds like its changed since then

Festival of the Holidays boot offerings; Black & White cookie, and potato latkes, and a pot pie. Same as last year, I understand. I've not come across any reviews of the pot pie where the person actually liked it. Did anyone here try it and like it?

My wife contracted Alpha Gal this summer and cannot have anything that has any products made from mammals so this will be a new experience for us. We've been going to DW since the late 1980's and have always heard that they are great when dealing with food allergies. She has been researching menus in preparation for our trip next month. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have experience with your wife's condition, however, I've been a vegan (so no animal products at all) for many years, and WDW is an absolute vegan haven, with so many food choices practically everywhere. There's a terrific WDW vegan food blog with lots of reviews of restaurants in the parks and at the resorts. It's been very helpful to me.

Also, note that TS (sit-down) restaurants are tremendously accommodating to all dietary needs. The executive chef will come to your table and discuss what you can and can't have and often come up with something that isn't even on the menu. And note that there are many off-menu items at all (I think all) the TS restaurants.

Good luck to you and enjoy your trip!

My wife contracted Alpha Gal this summer and cannot have anything that has any products made from mammals so this will be a new experience for us. We've been going to DW since the late 1980's and have always heard that they are great when dealing with food allergies. She has been researching menus in preparation for our trip next month. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure the chefs know it is an actual allergy, and not a food preference or diet. Yes, they aren't supposed to differentiate, but if you tell them it is an allergy they will usually be even more careful with the food/cross-contamination issues. I would also suggest looking at some of the vegan disney sites when you think you know where you want to go and look for reviews specific to the restaurant, and to see if they offer any off-menu items you may be interested in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter