VDH Opening

Ok, its getting serious now. I did the Magical Beginnings renting my first UY August points away for around $,3800'ish dollars (still don't regret doing that). But...now wifey is "when can we go to Disneyland and stay in our new villa? Umh????

I've normally just winged these annual UY months and dates from year to year, but sensing I need to get a game plan going. My target is the California Food and Wine Festive March/April 2024.

We're August use year people, so someone please check my thinking:

Typical annual DVC calendar for August Use Year (UY):
  • March 31st - Last day to bank points. Don't be a fool come April 1st April Fools Day. Doesn't much apply to me for 2023 as I used them all! ; )
  • August 1st - Receive annual allotment of DVC points. I've rented to Disney my VDH DVC points so no points for me this August.
  • September 1st - Begins the 11 month booking wind for home resort(s). Also, able borrow from next year's UY points for home resort only stays. [September 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024]
  • January 1st - Begins the 7 month booking window for all resorts. Able to borrow from any home resort and use at all DVC prosperities within a 7 month window. [Jan 1 - July 31]. Never thought of it this way but kinda nice to know that August UY folks have their 7 month windows start on January 1st each year.
So my thinking is that come September 1st 2023, I'll be able to borrow from my August 2024 VDH UY and use those points in March/April of 2024 for a VDH booking.

I do realize the villas are not fully built out yet and that rooms are limited till more are constructed AND more DVC points are sold.

Am I on the right track?
If you want to book March/April of 2024, you’re already in the 11 month booking window since it’s 9-10 months out. You can book that right now and borrow whatever 2024 points you want to use for it. The points already exist for you to use and you don’t have to wait for them to become available to borrow. As long as you’re within your booking window of your reservation dates, you can use banked/current/borrowed points.

If you want to book March/April of 2024, you’re already in the 11 month booking window since it’s 9-10 months out. You can book that right now and borrow whatever 2024 points you want to use for it. The points already exist for you to use and you don’t have to wait for them to become available to borrow. As long as you’re within your booking window of your reservation dates, you can use banked/current/borrowed points.
Exactly what I was gonna reply. I did Magical Beginnings and was able to borrow from June 2024 use year for Oct 2023 stay.

Ok, its getting serious now. I did the Magical Beginnings renting my first UY August points away for around $,3800'ish dollars (still don't regret doing that). But...now wifey is "when can we go to Disneyland and stay in our new villa? Umh????

I've normally just winged these annual UY months and dates from year to year, but sensing I need to get a game plan going. My target is the California Food and Wine Festive March/April 2024.

• March 31st - Last day to bank points. Don't be a fool come April 1st April Fools Day. Doesn't much apply to me for 2023 as I used them all! ; )
  • August 1st - Receive annual allotment of DVC points. I've rented to Disney my VDH DVC points so no points for me this August.
  • September 1st - Begins the 11 month booking wind for home resort(s). Also, able borrow from next year's UY points for home resort only stays. [September 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024]
  • January 1st - Begins the 7 month booking window for all resorts. Able to borrow from any home resort and use at all DVC prosperities within a 7 month window. [Jan 1 - July 31]. Never thought of it this way but kinda nice to know that August UY folks have their 7 month windows start on January 1st each year.
So my thinking is that come September 1st 2023, I'll be able to borrow from my August 2024 VDH UY and use those points in March/April of 2024 for a VDH booking.

I do realize the villas are not fully built out yet and that rooms are limited till more are constructed AND more DVC points are sold.

Am I on the right track?
LOL I have Aug uy and you lost me when I read through this. Like someone already pointed out, the 11 month and 7 month booking is from the date of your trip, so not Jan 1 unless you’re looking specifically to book Aug dates. I sold my 2023 back to Disney as well, and I borrowed some points from my 2024 allotment to book for Oct 2023 and Feb 2024 dates. If you want March/April 2024 trip you should book now as well. You did get the last day to bank right though. So may be safer to book a March trip in case you need to cancel. Luckily you’re figuring this out before they open up the VDH gates to everyone. Tell your wife your next Disneyland trip is next March (after you call to MS and snag the dates you want of course)!

Am I on the right track?

First, when you book has nothing to do with your UY. You can book any trip 11 months from check in at home resort and 7 months for non home resort.

You have all your DVC points from the start, but the UY just determines which points can be used when booking a trip.

Any trip can be booked with banked points from the UY prior to the trip, points from the UY of the trip, and borrow points to finish the reservation from the UY after the trip.

You could book a trip today borrowing your 2024 points as long as it takes place in your 2023 UY…which is Aug 1st, 2023 up until July 31st, 2024. Since you did buy VDH points, your can’t use them until the resort opens end of September, but that only happens when it’s a new resort.

Today is the 7 month window January 5th and you could borrow 2024 points to book a non. Home resort if you wanted. Or, book any home resort trip you wanted up to starting May 5th which is the 11 month window for today.

Did anyone that bought VDH get their add on gift yet mailed to them? I really want that gold water bottle. 😅

Did anyone that bought VDH get their add on gift yet mailed to them? I really want that gold water bottle. 😅

Did your contract close yet? I got mine about a month after closing last year. I purchased in March but didn’t close until June because I broke up my payments. Got the package in July.

Maybe we get a gift or something, but I did ask my guide when buying and he said no gifts for the first round of existing DVC buyers. This was day two when adding points was available. Could change though.

Did your contract close yet? I got mine about a month after closing last year. I purchased in March but didn’t close until June because I broke up my payments. Got the package in July.
Ah okay I guess that changes the time line. My contract was recorded on 5/24 so I guess I should give it more time. It just felt like last time the add on gifts arrived within a few weeks of adding on, not closing. I’m actually meeting my guide today to pick up my VDH pin so I’ll inquire about it. I want my $30k water bottle!! 😅🤣

I've received 4 "Welcome Home" gifts, one for my original direct purchase, and 3 from add-on purchases. Three backpacks, and one water bottle combo kit (was I ever glad they changed the gift...). I've never seen one sooner than 4 weeks after close, with a couple closer to 5 weeks.

PS: They always come via UPS.

I've received 4 "Welcome Home" gifts, one for my original direct purchase, and 3 from add-on purchases. Three backpacks, and one water bottle combo kit (was I ever glad they changed the gift...). I've never seen one sooner than 4 weeks after close, with a couple closer to 5 weeks.

PS: They always come via UPS.
Well look at you Don uping your game with the fancy footer icons!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter