VDH Opening

Thanks for the info. Spoke to our guide and we won’t be able to purchase VDH until the 30th even if we purchase Riviera first. Also new members can’t start booking VDH until mid June (the 13th I think). Need to figure out if it would be helpful to book VDH as our welcome home trip or if we could use it to try and get something good at WDW last minute for our June 18-21 stay. 🤔
I thought new owners would be able to book right away. Where did you hear that we would have to wait until mid-June?

I thought new owners would be able to book right away. Where did you hear that we would have to wait until mid-June?
That is what our guide told us on the phone yesterday. I believe he is a California guide since he said he would be in the office at 6 am and could take a call from us at 8 am our time (central) on Tuesday to help us with our purchase.

Just not as good as existing members though so I feel better about buying early 😁
No way it'll be better then existing members at least this next round of incentives but I can see it being just as good. Disney must know the recession and economy is slowing down and they learned before what that can do to DVC sales. That being said, Disney is pivoting hard towards the wealthy so maybe they feel the economy slow down does not affect that segment much.

No way it'll be better then existing members at least this next round of incentives but I can see it being just as good. Disney must know the recession and economy is slowing down and they learned before what that can do to DVC sales. That being said, Disney is pivoting hard towards the wealthy so maybe they feel the economy slow down does not affect that segment much.
Base price usually stays the same. The $20 off starting at 150 points will probably drop to $8-12.

For those who have purchased VDH and will be at DLR in the very near future, make sure to stop by the desk at the Star View Station. They’re giving a little gift (looked like a special pin) to new owners. We were there yesterday and saw a couple who had just purchased that morning receive one. 😅
Do you have a pic of said pin? I picked up the print for VDH (the one with steamboat willie) but was unaware of the pin. Is this something I may need to reach out to my guide for? 😅

We bought on Wednesday night, immediately after our first resale purchase posted to the site. It's amazing how quick the direct process is versus resale. Our resale contract took just over 100 days from offer to points in account, VDH direct was less than 100 minutes after we first spoke to our guide.

We will be taking our first DVC member trip in early December to VDH. I'm very excited!

We bought on Wednesday night, immediately after our first resale purchase posted to the site. It's amazing how quick the direct process is versus resale. Our resale contract took just over 100 days from offer to points in account, VDH direct was less than 100 minutes after we first spoke to our guide.

We will be taking our first DVC member trip in early December to VDH. I'm very excited!
Congrats!! Hey neighbor hey :)

Are you missing a 0? $100 isn't very much...

Current incentive: 150 to 199 Vacation Points - $2150
These are the Summer Incentives for current members. If you bought exactly 200 points, the previous incentive (of $22/point) would have saved you $4,400. Under the current incentive you would save $4,300.

1685463682374.png

Well... For the first time since 2006, I decided to give in to temptation and add on... 150 point purchase (75 + 75), taking advantage of of the $20 incentive plus the $22 for MB. This ensures a full Direct Membership until I'm dead and gone and 2 contracts to will to my niece and nephew... Points have not hit my account yet but glad to be able to get the 11 month for DL... Makes up for my bad decision not to add on 150 at VGC...
Yep. I’m not close to kicking the bucket but it sure is a nicer feeling thinking “my last set of DVC VDH points” I’ll buy versus my last…

Toaster
Car
Pants
Shoes
Etc.

At some point it’s gonna be the last of something for all of us.

Welcome home neighbor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter