VDH Opening

After processing the info and my emotions for the past 3 days, I’ve decided that we are out. VDH FOMO was my biggest driver since I have enough VGC points and don’t really need more points in Anaheim. With the added costs of TOT and possibly daily parking, I think more VDH owners will look to exchange their points at 7 months, much more than VGC. I think 7 month availability for the preferred Deluxe Studios will be there so I’m good trying to use my direct CCV points there. I mean, that’s why we buy direct right? To be able to stay at Riviera and future resorts? I know the cost proposition for VDH seems ridiculously high right now. But I think it will feel like a great deal in 10-15 years, kinda like how VGC is today. I’m happy and excited for everyone planning to buy at VDH. Aloha!
Bingo.!!
I think you'll be able to book VDH for quite a few years at 7 months... And if you need to add on, you can add 50 any time (direct or resale).

I just had another thought. Maybe the TOT was one of the reasons behind the lowering of new member buy in to 100 points.
Is there any reason why they couldn't have lowered just for VDH?

Is there any reason why they couldn't have lowered just for VDH?

No, but I think it would have caused a lot of confusion to do that..but they can set whatever minimum they want.

They just have to be clear in the POS that smaller contracts may not get you the minimum njghts required for certain things, including when wanting to trade out to II and other options b

Reactions: ehh
I just had another thought. Maybe the TOT was one of the reasons behind the lowering of new member buy in to 100 points.
Just curious, would this affect the benefits you get from owning direct? Like savings on dining/annual passes/etc.

I guess you would still have to own the minimum 150pts to have those benefits.

Just curious, would this affect the benefits you get from owning direct? Like savings on dining/annual passes/etc.

I guess you would still have to own the minimum 150pts to have those benefits.

They did not lower the minimum for membership extras, so that is still at 150 and I doubt it will ever go down...but, I thin it is a reasonable threshold so I would be surprised to ever see it go up.

What I could see them doing in the future, is make a higher tier of membership extras that include additional discounts...for example, anyone with 300 points direct gets $300 off the Incredi pass as well ..or 20% on dining vs. 10%.

But, the bigger problem with that is getting the Disney IT system to work to support more tiers...LOL

I would be more likely to buy if I were planning on visiting DL regularly. I actually like the look of the hotel from what I can see. I still don't think they will have much trouble selling it.
Yeah, if you run the numbers, it’s still a good deal if you want to go to DLR regularly. The only reason we’re out is I just decided we want more WDW points instead and unfortunately I don’t have a big enough budget for both so I need to choose. I think lots of people will be very happy with their purchase and it will make sense for those who buy it. I’m still on a high from my first trip as a DVC owner and think DVC in general is a great choice for many Disney fans.

Call me crazy then….we’re buying multiple small point contracts, but we go to DL 3-4X a year for 3-5 days each visit. Fly in, no parking issues, pencils out for us. 15 years from now when the kids are too old, we’ll sell some off some of those small contracts or rent them out, but it’ll have long paid for itself by then. I get it though, doesn’t work for everyone, but works out for us, especially since there’s no way we would fly out to Florida enough to make one of those resorts work for us.
Where do you fly in to? Are there good transportation options from the airport?

facebook twitter