Val's Journal (comments welcome)

uggh, I need to do measurements too. Dreading that actually. Hey you had a great week with most importantly, no gain! I'll take that any day (of course a pound or two gone would be better!)

The Dis is acting up on me again :eek: ! Hope this post goes through.

Thanks everyone for stopping by :wave: . I really appreciate it.

Yesterday was a good day:

goals:
vitamins 15/15
water 11/15
food 13/15
dessert 12/15
exercise 12/15

food:
breakfast - lc pot roast meal
lunch - special K bar
dinner - 1 and half pieces of light bread, sloppy joe mix, ff pringles, lf oreo
snack - green beans, lf cottage cheese

For exercise I did the Pilates total work out plus the Pilates belly workout. I also did 2 miles on the treadmill. I'm really loving doing the Pilates. It makes you feel great :D .

The snow is suppossed to start falling here soon :( . When is spring again :crazy: ?

Yesterday:

goals:
1.)vitamins 16/16
2.)water 12/16
3.)limit fast food 14/16
4.)limit dessert 13/16
5.)exercise 13/16

food:
breakfast - english muffin pizza, ff pringles, mint patty
lunch - string beans, lf cottage cheese
dinner - 1/2 grilled, boneless, skinless, chicken breast, mashed potato, corn
snack - graham crackers with rf pb

Exercise was all four of the Pilates workouts on my dvd plus 2 mile walk. I did 20 min. (2 workouts) of Pilates before breakfast and the other 2 before lunch.

4" of the wonderful white stuff fell last night but at least there was school today.

Quick question for those who walk. What is a good speed to aim for?

You can send some of that white stuff down here. (What is it called again?) Oh, snow?! ;) We dont get much of it around these parts!

You seem to be doing really well and sticking to everything! Keep up the good work!

Hang in there. Spring really is on it's way.:sunny:

hey val, you're doing a really great job fitting in that exercise even though you're so busy! plus sticking to your food plan. excellent!

as for walking, i don't think there's any particular speed you should aim for. just do what is comfortable for you, maybe try to push yourself a little bit harder than you think you can go every so often. but it's really a personal thing. so just do what feels right for you :bounce:

hope you have a great day today :sunny:

Hey Val! :wave:

I did Pilates for the first time yesterday...just the 20 minute workout...and I thought it was great! My sister kept making me laugh, though, so I don't know how effective my movements were. :rolleyes:

I agree with Marcia about the walking speed. Currently, I do 3.5 mph with about a 5% incline. It all depends on what you're comfortable doing. I try to go just fast enough that I can feel a pretty good burn in my legs (not hard to do when you're out of shape..hee hee).

Congrats on maintaining this week! I'm already dreading what my scale will say, and I don't weigh until Monday!

Have a good day!

~Angela :wave2:

:wave2: Val,

I wanted to thank your for your support the last few days. It really has made a difference.

You are doing a great job exercising and staying on plan. When I walk, I try to go at a pace where I don't want to talk anymore. I know ii is cleiched, but it really is a good indication of your tolerance.

Take care of yourself.
Beth

Val, great job staying with it! As for walking, when I treadmill, I usually set it for 4 miles an hour for the majority of the time, and bump it up a bit for a short bit. That will give you a 15 minute mile, and since I try to do 2 miles, and want to be done in 1/2 hour, it works for me. If you go much about 4.5 miles, you end up having to jog/run which is NOT good for me!

But it's best to keep it so that you can talk a bit without really being winded, so if that's only 2 miles an hour, that's what you should set it at.

Okay, the Dis is acting funny so I'm going to post to my journal first and then try to get to everyone's before it konks out here :crazy:.

Here's yesterday:

goals:
1.)vitamins 17/17
2.)water 13/17
3.)limit fast food 15/17
4.)limit desserts 14/17
5.)exercise 14/17

food:
breakfast - dinner leftovers
lunch - special k cereal bar
dinner - chicken salad sandwich, ff pringles, pickle
snack - graham crackers with rf pb

Exercise was 2 pilates workouts in the morning and 2 miles on the treadmill. Thanks for the input on speed everyone :D . Right now I am doing around 3.5. At this point, I feel winded at that speed but not like I'm going to die ;) . Eventually, I'd like to work up to a 4.0 just so I could get 3 miles in in 45 minutes. Might be awhile though.

Guess that's all for now. It's still kind of snowing (hasn't "stopped" since Tuesday night) :rolleyes: . We aren't really getting more accumulation it's just spitting but I'm still sick of it. Oh yeah, do I get to count shoveling the walkways yesterday as exercise ::yes:: ;) ?!

hey val, snow shoveling *definitely* counts as exercise. not that this makes it official or anything, but i thought i'd share that with ww online, in teh exercise portion, it lists snow shoveling as an activity that earns you activity points! you really do get a good workout shoveling, so yes, it definitely counts ::yes::

so you not only did your "formal" exercise in the morning, but you added in snow shoveling! good for you :teeth:

i knwo this snow stinks, we've still got a bunch here. but here's some extra :sunny: to brighten up your day. hope you have a great one :bounce:

Is anyone else still having trouble with the DIS boards? It's been acting up on me all week. It just took 5 minutes to get it to load the wish board :crazy: . I am going to try to get to everyone's journals after mine, but I apoligize in advance if I can't because of the boards :D .

Yesterday wasn't the best day. It marked the start of the lovely "I'm starving and I have to eat everything in sight" phase of pms for me :rolleyes: . No fun at all! I had to use my last fast food cheat which leaves me with no dessert or fast food cheats left for March. Don't know if I allotted enough 'cause I sure don't think I'm gonna make those goals :tongue: .

I also fell asleep at 7 p.m. on the couch so I didn't do my 2 miles on the treadmill. I did do the 4 ten minute Pilates workouts in the morning so I did exercise for the day. However, I really want to get that walking in today. Looks like I'll be able to get some more lovely shoveling exercise today too :crazy: .

Woke up this morning with a killer headache (could it be fast food hangover ;) ) so I have yet to get to the Pilates today. I do plan to do it after DIS though.

Yesterday's low down:

goals:
1.)vitamins 18/18
2.)water 14/18
3.)limit fast food 15/18
4.)limit dessert 15/18
5.)exercise 15/18

food:
breakfast - chicken salad sandwich (light bread), ff pringles, pickle
lunch - string beans, lf cottage cheese
dinner - Fast food cheat (Taco Bell)
snack - graham cracker with rf pb

Sorry about your headache! Hope it goes away soon so you can get on with your day!

Hope you have a great Friday!

Thanks Desiree :) . My headache is feeling better but my stomach is still so nausous (sp.). I don't know for certain that it's from the Taco Bell last night but it doesn't hurt to blame it on that ;) . Maybe next time I want some, I'll remember it made me feel sick.

Just wanted to come back and post quickly that I have lost 3/4" in my waist already :Pinkbounc :bounce: ! That really made my day when I checked it.

Hey Val!
I'm glad to see that you are feeling better this morning! You know, sometimes when I eat at Taco Bell, I get a major headache and nausea too. Usually, it's after I've eaten a beef meximelt. Hmmm.. wonder what it is that causes that? :scratchin Well, in any event, I am glad that you are feeling better.

Rumor has it that we are in for a warmup in the Northeast next weekend. That would definitely be a nice change from all the dreary snow. ::yes:: Today in Ohio, the weather is warm, but rainy and gloomy. The calendar says that today is the first day of Spring... Now, let's hope the weather cooperates.:sunny: :crazy:

Congratulations on the 3/4" you lost in your waist!:jumping1: Keep up the good work and you'll meet your goal!::yes::

Have a great weekend, Val!

Tracy:wave2:

Way to go!!! 3/4 of an inch! WOOOHOOO!!! Keep up the good work and have a great Sunday!

hey val, 3/4" in your waist! :bounce: that is just great! :Pinkbounc

i knwo you're out of fast food and dessert cheats, but we are nearing the end of the month! 2/3 of the month down, 1/3 to go...you can do it! :hyper:

hope you're having a great weekend :sunny:

:wave2: Hi Tracy, Dessiree, and Marcia! Thanks for stopping by!

Sorry I haven't had a chance to log on here since Friday. It's been a busy weekend but I promise to get to journals and catch up today :D .

Where to start, where to start? Friday went okay. I don't remember exactly what I ate but I know it wasn't bad. Did my 4 Pilates workouts but the problem came in when I had to do them all at once. Usually I break it up and do two before breakfast and two before lunch but I was running out of time so I had to do them all before lunch. Well, I pulled a muscle big time in my abs. I did manage to do 1 and a half miles on the treadmill that night. Also did the water and vitamins.

I decided to take the weekend off from Pilates to rest my boo boo muscle and I ended up not walking either :rolleyes: . Food didn't go badly but I didn't get my water in. AHHH, I am scared of the scale today. It has been stuck at 159 for too long and now I'm afraid it's going to go up instead of down. I could always call Sat. my official weigh day since it was 158 on Sat. if I have to ;) . We'll see.

I did have a really nice weekend, though. Saturday I just stayed home with dh (doesn't happen often enough) and he made us a nice dinner. Then when ds fell asleep we got to watch a couple of movies we rented: The Missing and 28 Days Later. Both were good. I love watching scary movies but since we can't until ds is asleep we don't usually get to. Sat. he fell asleep early so we got to watch two :Pinkbounc ! On Sunday we had to get up very early to meet MIL and FIL for breakfast for FIL's b-day. Then we had another b-day party for a neighbor child in the afternoon. I managed to avoid both cakes as well as the pizza at the afternoon party.

This morning I got up determined to do my Pilates since my muscle was feeling much better. Well, I got to the "teaser" (it's basically like a sit-up but you lift your arms over your head as well) and it felt like a knife went through me! I was almost in tears it hurt so much. That put a kabosh on Pilates for this morning. I may try to do the thigh and butt workouts before lunch but I am going to have to stay away from the ab ones for at least a couple more days :( . Figures that when I find something I'm actually enjoying I have to hurt myself and can't do it. I WILL however be walking tonight. Now it's in print so I can't squirm out of it.

Goals look like this for the month:

1.)vitamins 21/21
2.)water 15/21
3.)limit fast food 19/21
4.)limit dessert ? I'm not sure on this one since I did have a little Easter candy this weekend. Think it's going to have to be 18/21 which means I haven't met my goal
5.)exercise 16/21

I'm not going to journal all my food for the weekend and Friday since honestly I can't remember it. Didn't do too bad though except for that darn candy I had. This post has to win some kind of record for long posts I think :hyper: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter