Val's Journal (comments welcome)

:hug: Val,

I'm so sorry you pulled a muscle. Here's some healing:wizard:. You will have to take it easy for a few more days to heal. Wow, you had a busy weekend, but it sounds lie you had fun.

Take care of yourself,
:sunny:
Beth

Val~
I want to say thank you for the posts that you leave in my journal. They are always encouraging and upbeat and put some :sunny: in my day! Thank you!!!

I am so sorry about the pulled muscle. I have never had one in the stomach area before, but I have had them in the legs before and they hurt! Make sure that you take some time off to rest and heal that area so you don't hurt it further. I will also send some healing :wizard: your way.

Take care and have a fabulous day!!:sunny:

Tracy:wave2:

Hi Val! :wave:

Sorry that I've been so long between postings! I'm all caught up now so....

Congratulations on the 3/4" loss! :jumping1: That's great news!

I hope that your pulled stomach muscle heals quickly! I know how lousy it is to finally find an exercise that works for you and then to be unable to do it. Here's to a speedy recovery!

I'm jealous that you got some movie-watching time with your DH alone! I would love that! No scary movies here, though. I'm too much of a weenie! :eek:

I hope that you're having a wonderful Monday! Take care!

~Angela :wave2:

Hi Val!!:wave2: Record for long post??!! :rotfl: Hah! You'll never get that with Marcia around here!!
Sorry about the tummy muscle. That really stinks when you've been doing so well with your exercise and enjoying it to boot. Hope it feels better soon!:smooth: Keep up the walking at least if you can.
The movie night with hubby sounds great! We don't get too many of those either with the kids.:rolleyes: Oh well, there will be plenty of time when the kids are grown I say!:smooth:
Keep up the good work with your goals - your month looks really good!
TTFN-
Sharon

Well, I think I am officially switching my weigh day to Sat. Yesterday my scale said 160 which is a 1 pound gain from last week and a 2 pound gain from Sat. morning. How on earth I managed to gain 2 pounds just from skipping exercise for two days and from having a small bit of Easter candy is beyond me :rolleyes: . It's also quite discouraging to think how easily this weight could all come back on (not that I've lost a ton, I started at 165).

Yesterday:

goals:
1.)vitamins 22/22
2.)water 16/22
3.)limit fast food 19/22 (this was listed wrong yesterday)
4.)limit desset 18/22 (I'm over my limit already)
5.)exercise 17/21

food:
breakfast - sandwich on light bread, ff pringles, 1 lf oreo
lunch - graham crackers w/ rf pb
dinner - ww bagel w/ ff cream cheese and two slices ff ham, couple of handfuls of 94% ff popcorn
snack - 6 ritz crackers with cheese and pepperoni, 1 lf oreo

Not the best eating day I admit. I am just feeling so hungry all the time the past couple of days and nothing I eat seems to fill me up. I didn't end up trying to do anymore Pilates yesterday because the sore spot was still "burning" even when I was just sitting. I really didn't want to aggravate it anymore since even the butt and thigh workouts indirectly stretch your abs. I am going to give those two a try tomorrow. I did walk two miles yesterday so I did exercise.

I got some sad news yesterday. A former co-worker and friend died on Saturday from a heart attack at the young age of 42. I saw it in the obituary section of the paper. She was raising her three children on her own and my heart just breaks for those kids. I'm not sure what's going to happen to them now (they are only 12 and twins 11). If you are so inclined, could you please say a prayer for Karen's children? She was a wonderful woman who really did a lot for her community and namely the youth in the community. She will be missed.

I'm not sure I will get to everyone's journals today as I have a LOT to do here and I'm quickly running out of time. Please know I am thinking of you, my WISH friends.

:hug: Val,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. You and her family will definately be added to my prayers.
Listen to your body. It will let you know when you can go back to the pilates.

Take Care,
Beth

Thanks, Beth. The funeral is this morning and I'm not going to be able to attend. I'm going to light a candle and say a prayer for her though. I just feel so bad for the kids :( .

Yesterday started out well but food-wise went downhill fast. Here's how it went:

goals:
1.)vitamins 23/23
2.)water 17/23
3.)limit fast food 20/23
4.)limit dessert 19/23
5.)exercise 18/23

food:
breakfast - ff ham sandwich on light bread, ff pringles, pickle, 2 lf oreos
lunch - lf cottage cheese and string beans
snack - graham crackers with rf pb
dinner - small hamburger with ff cheese, small serving oven baked french fries, sauteed mushrooms
snack- cookie bar BAD Choice!
snack 2 - mushrooms, 2 lf oreos

Too much chocolate! I hope TOM shows up soon. I was only able to do a mile on the treadmill yesterday since I had a nasty headache. Oh well. Today is a new day.

Boy, TOM can reaaly wreak havoc on us, can't it?! Make sure you drink plenty of water to flush out as much of the water weight as you can. Maybe it will flush away some of those chocolate calories too!:crazy:
I hope you are feeling better today! The sun is out and it is a little bit warmer today. :sunny: Take good care of you Val!!:smooth:
TTFN-
Sharon

A prayer has been said for your friend, and especially for the kiddos she left behind. I'm sure they are in a world of hurt right now. How sad! :( :hug: to you, too.

How's that stomach muscle feeling? I hope that the pain subsides soon!

Another chocolate eater around that TOM? I'm the same way, and it drives me nuts. :crazy: Sharon's right, though, just keep chugging that water.

Hope that Thursday is a better day for you!

~Angela :wave2:

Good morning, Val!
:hug: for you today. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. We will keep her kids and her family in our thoughts and prayers.

I hope that you are feeling better today as well. TOM can be a real challenge for us ladies, huh?:crazy: I hope that lots of :sunny: comes your way today and helps you to feel better.::yes::

Have a great Thursday!

Val I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your friend. You and her family will be in my prayers.

:grouphug:

Hope you have a great day today!

Thanks so much for the prayers for Karen and her children everyone. It really means a lot to me :grouphug: .

:D Sharon,
That's one thing I can say I have been doing is drinking my water. At least it's something, right :rolleyes: ?

:D Angela,
Yes, I should be a member of chocoholics anonymous ;) . It's especially hard a few certain days of the month. Thankfully, the worst should be over on that front.

:D Tracy,
Thanks for sending over some :sunny: . We are supposed to have a pretty nice day today. So far it's only partly sunny but there's hope for a nice afternoon.

:D Desiree,
Thanks for the :grouphug: . I hope you have a great day too.

Well yesterday went okay with a few slight road blocks. Here's how it went:

goals:
1.)vitamins 24/24
2.)water 18/24
3.)limit fast food 21/24
4.)limit dessert 20/24
5.)exercise 19/24

food:
breakfast: leftover hamburger meat with mushrooms
lunch: special k cereal bar
dinner: graham crackers w/ rf pb, small handful popcorn
snack: 5 crackers with cheese and pepperoni

Funny little story about dinner :rolleyes: :crazy: . Thought I would be a good girl and made myself a very healthy calzone using fat free cheeses and tons of fresh veggies. Well, I burned it. It was inedible. So by then I was starving and really had few choices available. I had some graham crackers with pb but was still hungry. Figured I would make a bag of 94% ff popcorn. I make the bag and start to eat it. I'm thinking Wow! This is really buttery. Usually it's not so buttery. Well come to find out, dh had consolidated all the popcorn into one box so I had grabbed a regular bag!! That was the end of that. By then I was so frustrated I just said forget it about dinner.

I did two miles on the treadmill which felt really great. Didn't do Pilates and I probably won't until Monday. I figure a week off will be plenty of time to rest up that muscle. I'll slowly work back into it next week.

Tom made his appearance today so hopefully the wild cravings will be done for another month. I'm kind of surprised that I made it through without any trips to the fast food places. I'm scared of weigh day on Sat. though :eek: . Guess I'll have to just wait and see.

Val - that is too funny about the popcorn!:teeth: DH's - they really do try to be helpful, but sometimes......:rolleyes: O hwell, at least you realized before you ate the whole bag!:tongue:
Good job with the treadmill yesterday! And with the water!
Here's some :wizard: for Saturdays weigh-in! Don't worry too much if its not good, since TOM has showed up. Some people can see as much as 2 - 3 lbs gain with TOM.
Hope you have a great day Val!
TTFN-
Sharon:sunny:

:wave2: Hi Val. Funny popcorn story. I just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy Friday.

Hi everyone,
I only have time for a quick post but I promise to get to everyone's journals tomorrow :D .

Yesterday:
vitamins 25/25
water 19/25
fast food 22/25
dessert 21/25
exercise 20/25

food:
breakfast- ff ham on light bread, ff pringles, pickle
lunch - special k cereal bar
dinner - salad, small piece manacotti, small piece pizza, small piece garlic bread
snack - graham crackers with rf pb

Exercise was 2 miles on the treadmill. Dinner was a much higher fat and calories then I planned. Gotta go now and get everything in order for the kid's half day. Have a good day everbody :wave2: !

Hey Val~
You are doing a great job with your goals! Your numbers are looking good!:cool1: Plus, you are doing a great job with your exercise too.::yes::

Hope you have a wonderful day today!!

You're doing an excellent job with your goals this month! Great job with the treadmill. I'm sure you're itching to get back to the Pilates on Monday. Am I remembering right that you have one video that focuses on the tummy? If so, could you tell me what it's called. I'm in the market for some variety, and this just might be my ticket. Thanks. :teeth:

How did weigh-in go? The one right around TOM is terrifying sometimes, isn't it? :earseek:

I hope that you had a great weekend!

Angela :wave2:

Keep up the good work with your goals! Thats fantastic!!! Hope you are having a great Sunday!

Thanks for stopping by Tracy, Angela, and Desiree:grouphug: !

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. I have been kind of embarrassed to come and tell you all I haven't been doing too well :o . Weigh in was Saturday and I was at 159, 1 pound up from last week. That about did it for me since I have been fluctuating between 158 and 160 for quite some time now. I just can't seem to get down past 158 and it's really discouraging me. I think that's where the who cares attitude came in with food. I haven't gone totally off the wall with cheating but I haven't been being real careful about my choices either.

Strangely enough, I have still been walking. Didn't do it Friday but I did go do it yesterday. At least it's something.

As for goals, I had to use another fast food cheat yesterday which puts me at 4 for the month and I'm over on my goal. I'm also at 4 for dessets so both or those are blown. Water was supposed to 100% so I didn't meet that one either :rolleyes: . I think I need to do goals in smaller increments, maybe weekly. Here's what they look like right now:

goals:
1.)vitamins 27/27
2.)water 20/27
3.)limit fast food 23/27
4.)limit dessert 23/27
5.)exercise 21/27

Don't remember all the food but it wasn't all that great, I do remember that :crazy: .

I really want to start fresh tomorrow and get back to Pilates and eating healthy. Hopefully I can break through 158 and and that will get me motivated again. That's all for now.

Today is a new day. I WILL do Pilates today and I WILL do better with eating. Just had to put it in writing so I stick with it ;) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter