Valerie and Jeff - 5/7/11 *WP/GF/Italy* TR - WEDDING DAY: DESSERT PARTY!!

Oh my gosh! :scared1: That is the shortest Disney trip I've ever heard of! The little sneak peeks look like it was worth it though! :thumbsup2 They look gorgeous. I love the castle shot. I also really adore the one of you two kissing--so romantic. Can't wait to see more. :)

They look great! Who was your photographer?

So exciting. That seriously is the shortest Disney trip ever! ;D I can't wait to see them though. The previews look amazing!

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship:

Lovely Valerie!!!!!

Beautiful photos! Can't wait to see more of them!!

Thank You! Ty was our photographer for the shoot and I would highly recommend him. He has probably taken photos in those parks thousands upon thousands of times, but he tries to come up with new ideas which was very cool! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Day 4: Thursday, May 5th

I woke up today very excited because it was Thursday and that meant that wedding activities were starting and guest were starting to arrive. I started off the day by going to get a manicure and pedicure with my mom and FSIL at Millennium nails (they did an ok job, I had fake nails put on and those things stayed on for over 3 weeks!...which never happens for me, I am usually pulling them off by the first week). After we got our nails done we went back to Things Remembered to pickup DF's groomsman gifts, since they were out on their golfing outing for the day. After that detour we went back to CBR to get ready for the bridal tea party at the grand floridian. I was getting so excited that people were starting to arrive and went out to the beach at the CBR to greet some of the guests and ended up messing up my pedicure. :confused3 But I was determined not to make this a bridezilla moment!

All the girls met at the Grand Floridian in the Garden View Tea Room for the Bridal Tea. We all ordered the same tea/sandwhich plate which included a glass of champagne (how appropriate)...when I realized that DF had my ID in his wallet AHHHH. :eek: Even after explaining that I was the bride and this was all for me...the staff wouldn't budge...so I got to drink sparkling cider (which my sister traded with her champagne after the waitress left ;)). During the tea DF called me probably around 8 times and each time he called he sounded more drunk than the last.

tea4.jpg

tea3.jpg

tea2.jpg

385.jpg

384.jpg

378.jpg

After the tea, I gave all of the bridesmaids and flower girl their gift bags for being in the wedding.

393.jpg

392.jpg

Caroline reading that she was going to be getting a princess makeover the next day before the rehearsal dinner!
387.jpg

The guys met us at the Grand Floridian after their game of golf because the tire on the car needed to be fixed again....At this point DF was so WASTED, but seemed ok. He headed back to the room while my dad fixed the tire. (someone else drove him) After the tire was fixed we went back to the CBR to get ready for the pool party to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday which happened to be the week before the wedding. So I went back to the room to get my bathingsuit only to find out that DF had locked me out of the room with the deadbolt?!?!? I looked in through the window to see if he was in the shower and saw him passed out naked on the bed, with a towel strategically placed over all the right places....So i tried knocking..nothing...i tried calling...nothing...I gave up temporarily and went to my parents room. After a few minutes I thought I would give it another try so I POUNDED on the door this time...he woke up...stumbled to the door and let me in.

So after I got my swin suit on I headed to the pool and DF said he would meet me there later (he never came btw). We met the family there and had birthday cake. More family arrived to join in the celebration.

404.jpg

405.jpg

399.jpg

donovan.jpg

After the pool party/birthday celebration was over I went back to the room to see if DF was ready to go to Ohana's for dinner. We were meeting the Pastor there to talk before the wedding. The Pastor that officiated was actually the Pastor of my church when I was younger and retired and moved to Florida (how convenient). So I got back to the room and DF was still sleeping. It took me about 10 tries to actually get him out of bed and I was starting to wonder if this was going to be a bad idea. While walking out of the door I told DF that he needed to fix his hair because it was looking pretty crazy and his response to that was "Where is it?"....yep definitely thinking this is not a good idea. I just wanted him to make it through dinner because I had never been to Ohana's before and I was REALLY looking forward to it!

Dinner was SO good, the food was amazing and there was TONS of it. About halfway through dinner I look at DF and he is not looking so good....uh oh. I ask him if I need to find a bathroom...he nods his head. So I get up and ask the nearest waitress where the bathroom is and it literally might as well have been in the Grand Floridain because thats how far away it seemed. So I go to get DF and he is just sitting there stating straight ahead...I ask him if he wants to get up and go to the bathroom...no response...inside I am freaking out thinking *can I try and catch it with my napkin....there is a bowl on the table I could grab that* and then he holds his hand up to his mouth...and I just know it here it comes :scared1: and he burbs, looks at me and smiles and says "I feel better now"...whew that could have been BAD!

At the end of dinner the lights in the restaurant dimmed and we got to see Wishes, what a perfect ending!

410.jpg

407.jpg

What lovely photos Valerie!! That birthday cake is amazing!!
Your tea was just two days after we were there!!! It's a super experience isn't it?
By any chance, was that cute little girl (in the bright pink frilly skirt) swimming in the pool at BLT with her family, at any time in the days leading up to your wedding? I saw a little girl just like her in the BLT pool whilst we were there, and thought how gorgeous she was!!

SOooo.. on Facebook today Disney Fairytale Wedding's DEFINITELY posted one of your Magic Kingdom photos to their page! I legit almost died! ;D I was like I know her! I know her!

great update, love the photos. Everyone looks like their having a great time.

SOooo.. on Facebook today Disney Fairytale Wedding's DEFINITELY posted one of your Magic Kingdom photos to their page! I legit almost died! ;D I was like I know her! I know her!

I saw that too! Great picture :goodvibes

:goodvibes I also saw your pic on DFTW facebook page. It was Beautiful!!!

I told my DF, I'm reading her TR right now!! You know, that 1 of been telling you about!!! :lmao: Of course I've only been telling him about everyone I read!! He can't tell the difference.

Can't wait to read more from your trip!! :thumbsup2

What lovely photos Valerie!! That birthday cake is amazing!!
Your tea was just two days after we were there!!! It's a super experience isn't it?
By any chance, was that cute little girl (in the bright pink frilly skirt) swimming in the pool at BLT with her family, at any time in the days leading up to your wedding? I saw a little girl just like her in the BLT pool whilst we were there, and thought how gorgeous she was!!

Thank You! The tea was great, such as relaxing experience!

The little princess is my neice...I don't think she was at the BLT pool, they were staying off property. She is a cutie!

Yay! More More More!

Soon!

I was so excited I almost let a scream out at my desk at work! :cheer2: I hadn't even seen that picture yet.

great update, love the photos. Everyone looks like their having a great time.

I saw that too! Great picture :goodvibes

Thank You!

:goodvibes I also saw your pic on DFTW facebook page. It was Beautiful!!!

I told my DF, I'm reading her TR right now!! You know, that 1 of been telling you about!!! :lmao: Of course I've only been telling him about everyone I read!! He can't tell the difference.

Can't wait to read more from your trip!! :thumbsup2

Thank You! Haha yea they never know the difference!

DFTW posted one of our Magic Kingdom photos on their facebook page today! I was at work when I saw it and almost screamed with excitement...which would have been bad since I work in a cubicle. :cheer2:

Val sweetie - Aww there must be two pretty princesses who look very similar!!
Great facebook photo - congratulations!!!

Val,

I saw the posting on FB and thought she looked familiar! :lmao:

What a fabulous shot. Can't wait to see the rest!

Great TR so far. Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Day 5 - Friday, May, 6th

I scheduled our rehearsal for REALLY early so that it wouldn't interfere with anyone's park plans...mainly MINE. I was not going to go to Disney and not go to Magic Kingdom! Since it was so early I was afraid that not everyone would be at the wedding pavilion at 7:45 am, but sure enough when I arrived everyone was there!! My youngest nephew and ring bearer was being a complete brat and pain in the a$$...but that is what I get for putting a three year old in the wedding (mom told me so).

I honestly don't remember much of the rehearsal because it was all just a blur and not to mention I am not really a morning person. Diane instructed us and gave us our placements and we were done! It seemed so fast! After the rehearsal we unloaded our bins at Francks and I was off to the Grand Floridian to try and check in early. Of course the room wasn't ready at that time but I had to try. We were able to pre-check in and get our room keys and they would text us when the room was ready. During pre-checkin I wanted to make sure that I was getting the turret room (round room) that I had requested on the phone...I was pretty determined to get this room! And the lady honestly had no idea I was talking about, I even drew her a room diagram and she was still confused!?!?!? How do I know their rooms better than her...probably the disboards...I'm so glad I found you!! I was about to go bridezilla on this lady but I figured I would wait till I saw the room and then complain later.

So after pre-checkin DF and I met both of the MOH's at the Grand Floridian monorail and headed off to the Magic Kingdom!! So excited! The first check box on the list was to get DF a haircut! We went straight to the MK barber shop!

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

After the haircut the rest of the group met up with us and we rode Thundermountain, Splash Mountatin (a few wimps didn't want to get wet...DF included, so they went on Thundermountain again), Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain broke while we were about to get in line :sad2: and then Buzz Lightyear where DF got over 450,000 points. I don't know how he does it!

Then we got the text that the room was ready and we wanted to go check it out and relax a little bit before the rehearsal dinner. On the way to the room we ran into my parents and some more family that just arrived.

Finally, we arrived at our room...and I opened the door and it was the TURRET ROOM!!! YAY something was going right! The room was abosolutely awesome! The guy on the phone said that there wouldn't be a view of the castle...well he was wrong becasue i had a view of the castle out of one window and a view of the wedding pavilion out of the other...I don't think we could have got a better room!

gfroom1.jpg

gfroom3.jpg

gfroom2.jpg

gfroom4.jpg

gfroom5.jpg

Castle View (the castle actually looked a lot bigger in person)
gfroom7.jpg

Wedding Pavilion View
gfroom6.jpg

After acting like a little kid at Christmas, we washed up and took a little nap and I got ready for the rehearsal dinner. I left a few hours before the dinner to take my flower girl to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Downtown Disney for her princess makeover. It was a crowded mess but Caroline loved it and it was a great thing for us to do together.

After her princess makeover we literally walked across the street to Fulton's crab house for the rehearsal dinner! We had a complete blast at the rehearsal dinner and the table decorations that MOG did were amazing.

182.jpg

162.jpg

150.jpg

147.jpg

146.jpg

151.jpg

193.jpg

190.jpg

174.jpg

211_0001.jpg

All of the ladies sitting at my table happened to be engaged at the time...now three of us are married :)
220.jpg

jeffrey_and_val_at_rd.jpg

On the bus going back to the resort
jeffrey_val_and_caroline.jpg

More, More, More, More! I cant wait to read more!

Fultons looked great, and so did you of course! I wish I could convince Bobby to get a haircut in the MK..he would probably laugh obnoxiously in my face. Guess I've got something to work on! :lmao:

Saturday May 7, 2011 - WEDDING DAY!!!

I woke up to DF's phone call...it was 6:45 am. He told me he was not going to wake up until 10 (I think he was just a little excited). It is a good thing that he called because my alarm clock failed me....that could have been bad. I felt calm and at ease, the day that I had been planning for a year and a half was finally here. I took a shower and was walking around in my room in my towel...when I looked over and realized that everyone in the concierge lounge could see me through my window....oops. I hid for a little bit from embarassement. I eventually had to face the crowd when my parents and bridesmaids called me to let me know they were here so I ran downstairs to go get them....*i stared down the entire way as to not make eye contact to the people that just got a sneak peek*

Everyone had arrived including Beaute Speciale so we started on hair and make up. My bridesmaid and FSIL is studying photography in school so she took a few pics before the photographer arrived. I think she did an amazing job!

225.jpg

231-1.jpg

236-1.jpg

239.jpg

266.jpg

300.jpg

305.jpg

309.jpg

331.jpg

330.jpg

327.jpg

328.jpg

321.jpg

333.jpg

Daddy and Me time <3
meanddaddy.jpg

room3.jpg

Getting Ready Continued....

Shortly after that the photographer showed up to take some more getting ready shots of the girls at the Grand Floridian.

vswed-025.jpg

vswed-057.jpg

vswed-046.jpg

I was half done up in hair and make up...eeek...when the flowers arrived!!!

vswed-036.jpg

I LOOOOVE my bouquet!! It was exactly what I wanted....but VERY heavy.
vswed-032.jpg

vswed-083.jpg

vswed-089.jpg

Finishing up makeup!
vswed-098.jpg

vswed-104-2.jpg

vswed-116-2.jpg

vswed-127.jpg

vswed-129.jpg

vswed-141.jpg

vswed-151-2.jpg

Something borrowed, old and blue all in one.
vswed-180.jpg

Caroline started taking pictures on her ds.
vswed-204.jpg

Meanwhile, the guys were getting ready at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

vswed-060-2.jpg

vswed-086-2.jpg

This picture gets a lot of ooohs and aaahhs. This is DF's best man. I think it is really awesome, like something out of a western.
vswed-053.jpg

vswed-094.jpg

vswed-082-2.jpg

Up Next: Pre-Ceremony Photos in Grand Floridan Lobby and Outside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter