Vacuum recommendations

Your choice of sweeper depends mostly on your budget and what special features you need. Do you have pets that shed a lot of hair, family members with allergies, do you prefer cord or cordless and do you need any special attachments? Cordless models have a rechargeable battery, so good to know how long you can sweep on a single charge and how expensive the battery is to replace when it no longer holds a charge. Sweepers sometimes have replaceable filters that can be pricey, so make sure to look into that when buying. They either have dust collection bags that you dispose of when full or some type of holder you empty periodically. There are some now sold that seem REALLY expensive and honestly they all have a motor to create suction and spin brushes. I am somewhat suspicious of those slick TV ads which imply what an amazing job their pricey product does compared to everyone else. Those robotic vacuums seems really small and have never used one, so hard to say if they are more of a gadget then a practical sweeper for home use.

I'm glad you asked this question. I'm looking at vacuums too. I have an old green hoover that works but its to heavy and bags are getting hard to find. Hubby told me about the shark at Costco or Sam's. One is a Shark Ionflex 2X Duoclean cordless stick ultra light vacuum. The 2nd is a Shark duoclean power lift away. Anyone have either ones of these? I have tile in the kitchen, dining room and bathrooms, carpet in the den, living room and bamboo flooring in DD's room. Master bedroom and spare room have carpet and will be replaced with bamboo flooring. DD and I have long hair and I always have to cut hair from the hoover rollers. I want something thats wont mess up my bambbo flooring and sucks up great on carpet

I'm glad you asked this question. I'm looking at vacuums too. I have an old green hoover that works but its to heavy and bags are getting hard to find. Hubby told me about the shark at Costco or Sam's. One is a Shark Ionflex 2X Duoclean cordless stick ultra light vacuum. The 2nd is a Shark duoclean power lift away. Anyone have either ones of these? I have tile in the kitchen, dining room and bathrooms, carpet in the den, living room and bamboo flooring in DD's room. Master bedroom and spare room have carpet and will be replaced with bamboo flooring. DD and I have long hair and I always have to cut hair from the hoover rollers. I want something thats wont mess up my bambbo flooring and sucks up great on carpet

This thread is a couple months old now and I did end up getting the Shark duoclean power liftaway from Sams. I do like it. It has worked great for me on carpet and wood. I don't think it would have issues with the bamboo flooring, but I am not familiar with it. I liked that the roller was so easy to get to, but I think I have only pulled it out once or twice so far.

I have a Dyson and a Shark. The Dyson was either two or three years old when I ordered a Shark from Kohl's on a Black Friday special. Intended to take the Shark to Florida for our vacation home. When it arrived, we first vacuumed the whole house with the Dyson - three large bedrooms and large living room. Then we vacuumed again with the Shark and could not believe how much dirt we got up. Needless to say we much prefer the Shark. The Dyson now sits in the garage even though it's not very old. Spent about $300 for the Dyson, just over $100 for the Shark - they were both Kohl's black Friday specials so greatly marked down.

Believe it or not, there is a carpet association that I have recently learned of as we are getting new carpet. There are some vacuums they recommend (Shark) and some they highly discourage due to how they can beat the carpet too harshly and ruin them over time (Dyson) In fact some warranties are voided if you don’t use one of the approved vacuums. We have a Shark and will be getting another one when it goes on special at Costco soon.

Hubby bought me the Shark Ionflex 2X Duoclean cordless stick ultra light vacuum. I tried it out tonight and it's light weight but I did noticed myself switching arms. I worked out today(only day 2 in a week) and did arms so not sure the upper part felt a little heavier or if it was because I did arm workouts. I do love it will vacuum a lot more. I hated lifting my old 20 year old hoover out of the closet and vacuuming. It really bothered my back. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been doing a good job vacuuming and I was shocked how much dirt and hair that lil vacuum picked up. Hubby did open up the lil section wear brush is. There was a lot of hair wrapped around it. He got scissors and cut the hair. Art first it was a lil pain until he noticed a cruve across the brush. He ran the scissors and the hair cut a lot easier :)

Now if I can just find an awesome lightweight floor streamer -lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!