Vacation Tips for Women! :)

As someone who has used both Monistat anti-chafing gel, deodorant,and body glide, I think deodorant lasts longer and works better. I use Suave deodorant, and it's cheap and works well. I find I have to reapply the anti-chafing gel and body glide more often than the deodorant.

For under the "girls", I have used baby powder, and after several days of using it, I got a rash from the powder. Go figure. Maybe I was using too much?:confused3

Bumping for more ideas. Please share what you have learned and can't live without when going on vacation.

:)

I WISH I could take my train case! I can if we drive, no problem.
The last trip I took, I only took what I THOUGHT I would need. Big mistake. The next time I'm at Sephora, I'm going to stock up on their cosmetics cases.

As someone who has used both Monistat anti-chafing gel, deodorant,and body glide, I think deodorant lasts longer and works better. I use Suave deodorant, and it's cheap and works well. I find I have to reapply the anti-chafing gel and body glide more often than the deodorant.

For under the "girls", I have used baby powder, and after several days of using it, I got a rash from the powder. Go figure. Maybe I was using too much?:confused3

My "girls" get so dry all the time, but then again I have eczema all over, so go figure. When I sweat, it irritates my skin, especially on my "girls." My doctor suggested that I use an antifungal cream under the "girls." So I did and it works great!

I am a deoderant-under-the-girls kinda gal myself...:rotfl:
what I have found is that not all products agree with my skin.

I was using Dove or Sauve anti/deodorant and it was fine,
bought Secret and now can no longer use it under there because
my skin becomes really itchy- no bumps, just really itchy... :confused3
probably just peculiar to me :lmao:

So now I'm back to Dove and hope it will work better...

Sometimes it's not the product, but that specific name brand product that gives troube... try another brand...:thumbsup2

SO LATE TO THIS THREAD!

But in the hopes of helping. . .

I am on the pill. BUT, I have not had a period in three years. . . I'm on Loestrin 24, and for those of you who are interested in switching, I was the sort of girl who was getting a 2 week on, 2 week off again *heavy* period while on Ortho-Lo. I switched, and my periods dropped to a light 3-4 days, and a few months later. . .nothing. And no, I'm not pregnant! Three years later, you'd hope I knew =) It's just such a low dosage that your body doesn't even feel the need to try and have that time of hte month- because quite honestly, on ANY birth control, your body isn't going through the natural process, it's just faking it. Ask your doctor - a period is not medically necessary until you want to have kids!!!

Also, for any posters not in the know already, I just bought my Body Glide today (thank you for tipping me to that one, DISboards!) - found it at a local bike shop. I pretended I knew what I was doing when I walked in =)

YAY NO MONTHLY CYCLES! =)

Oh. . . and I'm officially subbing!

Did not know about this thread, stumbled on it today. So many great tips. I have not read the complete thread, but I think I will add this one item.

I am an older woman with a condition called alopecia, I did not see anyone mention it and I know I am not the only one. Alopecia basically means I have been wearing wigs for 37+ years now and no matter what time of the year I am in WDW it gets very very hot for me. I discovered on my first trip that if I take a wet paper towel and place it under my wig it first helps to keep me cool, second once it dries (and it does) it helps to absorb the perspiration.

When I go into the ladies room I simply wet another paper towel and put it on while in the stall and toss out the old one.

I ususally keep this very private, but I thought I am not the only woman with this condition and heat stroke is a real possibility and I would rather die than go with out my wig, not to mention the sunburn I would get.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Like some others, I buy as much as I can in sample sizes for our Disney trips, to include laundry detergent. I also go to the Wal mart web site (and others) and send for free samples that I pack for the next Disney trip upon receipt.

Just found this today so thought I would add my 2 cents!
(*Great tips btw!!*)
1- A comfortable cross-body purse/bag is a must! Once we got past the diaper stage, we ditched the backpack so now I carry a light cross body purse that's just large enough for the essentials-camera, wet ones, cell phone, etc. (I love the ones by Coach, Vera Bradley & Travelon). Nothing better than Hands-Free at the World!!
2- A Super-Strength Anit-Humidity hairspray!! I tried the ponytail route (with & without the hats & the visors) but just got tired of all the pictures of me hiding under a hat!:eek: I live in a fairly humid area in the summer so I test different brands to see what has the "staying power" to hold up in WDW. I like the Aussie brand & the Frizz-Ease line.
3- A good attitude! Our first trip was absolutely miserable & I swore we were NEVER going back~ Upon reflection, I realized a lot of the problem was our unrealistic expectations. Our kids were completely overwhelmed & we just weren't prepared. After doing LOTS of research & adjusting our expectations, we went back & LOVED IT!!! We leave in 27 days for our 4th trip! We try to be more laid-back, less rigid about a schedule & really try to be more in tune to our kids' needs (snacks, rest, down-time). This approach made for an entirely different trip!! :cool1:

I found this trick in a magazine a few years back:
I have oily hair and it's fine too (double whammy!) I found that putting baby powder really helps to absorb the oil, so my hair doesn't fall as flat.
I have bleached blonde hair, so this works for me. I'm not sure how well this would look on ladies with darker hair colors...:goodvibes

Last trip I just tied my hair up everyday as it was to hot to leave down.

I also found last time we were there it was cooler in the mornings so would set out in 3/4 lengths and bring shorts with me to change as would get very hot later on in the morning!

Also bring sunscreen to park and keep applying and drink lots of water.

Be aware that you may be allergic to baby powder. There is, or used to be, some kind of root (arrowroot, maybe?) that was an ingredient in cheap baby powder that my ex-husband was allergic to. He kept putting it on what he thought was a heat rash and it kept getting worse. He finally went to the doctor who figured it out.

Yes some talc's will do that. I get the baby powder with corn starch or better yet corn starch straight. I do not have the problems with that as I do with regular baby powder.

I have very sensitive skin so things with perfumes/deordants tend to irritate but found bp w/cornstarch works for me.:confused3

Did not know about this thread, stumbled on it today. So many great tips. I have not read the complete thread, but I think I will add this one item.

I am an older woman with a condition called alopecia, I did not see anyone mention it and I know I am not the only one. Alopecia basically means I have been wearing wigs for 37+ years now and no matter what time of the year I am in WDW it gets very very hot for me. I discovered on my first trip that if I take a wet paper towel and place it under my wig it first helps to keep me cool, second once it dries (and it does) it helps to absorb the perspiration.

When I go into the ladies room I simply wet another paper towel and put it on while in the stall and toss out the old one.

I ususally keep this very private, but I thought I am not the only woman with this condition and heat stroke is a real possibility and I would rather die than go with out my wig, not to mention the sunburn I would get.

Like some others, I buy as much as I can in sample sizes for our Disney trips, to include laundry detergent. I also go to the Wal mart web site (and others) and send for free samples that I pack for the next Disney trip upon receipt.

Hun, I "got" alopecia ariata when I was 13 yo... >.< my eylashes, eybrows and a loooot of my hair simply fell away on pillowtops and with the lesses effortless rub. No good for a teenager. A lot of treatments and several doctors behind i still have fragile hair that do not growns evenly with the rest and 'some' eyelashes and eyebrows back but I know what is like, getting a sunburn in the scalp. IT HURTS!
So, fellows, even with thick hair heads remember to always wear a cap or hat once outdoors for long periods - like in WDW parks!

See u around!

This is off topic but I was wondering if you have ever been tested for Celiac or tried a gluten free diet. The reason I ask is because my (late) grandma was diagnosed with the same thing in her 30's and wore wigs her entire adult life. Around 70 she was diagnosed with celiac and her hair started to come back. Apparently celiac causes different symptoms in different people and her whole life she never knew that following a gluten free diet meant she could have had hair. She was so excited to have a head full of peach fuzz :rotfl:

Thanks for thinking of me. Nope never had that diagnosis. It has been over 37 yrs now, did not even hear of celiac until a few years ago. :confused3

I have looked at the diet and it certainly is a hard one, but I am willing to give it a try I see so many more gluten free things on the grocery shelves these days.

Thanks.

talc powder + sweat can cause topical yeast infections. gross, but true. someone mentioned a rash under the girls - its crazy itchy. to get rid of it, you need to keep it dry. you can use body glide to seal it. and switch to corn starch to prevent it from coming back.

Does anyone know of any products that might work well with my hair but be ok with sensitive skin? Thanks so much!!!

I look like Side Show Bob, if I dont use Sebastian Potion 9 in my hair. It's a leave in conditioner made for curly hair. It will prevent frizz, and works well with sensitive skin. It's one of the best hair products for curl hair that I've found. I can use that alone, or with other styling products. A little goes a long way too.

I gotta get me some. Totally forgot it on the last trip and my hubby and kids thought I'd get my big hair stuck in a door way. It was pretty funny.

Make-up - I use moisturizer, I mix my face sunscreen with a little fondation, mascara, & lip stick with spf lip balm

Clothing - shorts & t-shirts with socks & running shoes for the parks & I pack sundresses for special dining & for roaming DTD.

Hair - I have straight, fine hair, so I usually throw it up in a pony tail

That "Time" - So far I've been lucky enough not to have to deal with it over there & I hope never to. ;)

Keeping cool - I try to drink lots of water, look for the mist locations throughout the park, we always buy a mist fan (this has saved us many times), wear a hat, & have ice cream breaks :yay:

Dealing with men, kids, etc. - It is very important to take a break from all the fun during the day. We do this by having a nice long sit down lunch somewhere indoors where there's a/c. For all the other times, I totally ignore grown ups & not so grown ups bad behavior. It's Disney, time to enjoy the magic.

That's about it.

So funny! Only we women would be that concerned with how we look in pictures that we practice beforehand. :lmao:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one to do that. I hate how I look in most of my pics, and have been experiementing to find a better looking angle.:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter